Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    SephirothSpawn
  Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:15 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

I noticed this while I was upgrading.

Thank you for the bug report.

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:44 am
No Rest for the Wicked!

Did you break down Window_Message's methods? I've been waiting on you to start back up on my XMS, and if you missed it I posted my version of the methods breaks on like page 9 or 10 I think. The only issue I had with the method split is I couldn't get Window_Message to go away during battle, but that should be the only bug to fix with it, everything else works fine.

You can find any scripts I've submitted within the past year upto the date specified above. If you happen to find something else that is either not on the list or just doesn't have a URL that I had posted officially or otherwise, please PM me the link and I'll be sure to add it to the list.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:25 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

I did, but that file was in the corrupt scripts data. I'll try to re-write it all again soon, just managing quite a few projects at once and getting ready for a move.

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:46 am
No Rest for the Wicked!

I already told you I had broken it down silly Seph, just have to find out why it doesn't go away during battle. I had added constants to it though for Default_Width/Height, but you can get rid of those if you'd like. Here, this is my most recently updated version.

Window_Message splits

You can find any scripts I've submitted within the past year upto the date specified above. If you happen to find something else that is either not on the list or just doesn't have a URL that I had posted officially or otherwise, please PM me the link and I'll be sure to add it to the list.

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:58 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Ok. Here is how I broke down Window_Message
Expand to see the code.

I am pushing to get this updated tonight!

(I also cleaned the thread out and will do every update)

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:04 am
No Rest for the Wicked!

Its much different from my version, but no big deal it looks like you broke up the refresh method more than I did. Is there any last minute changes you might make to the refresh split?

I'm not sure what was causing the message window to freeze during battle but somehow I got it fixed, and here's the newest update I did to Window_Message#update, (I think my XMS was really the problem.)

Expand to see the code.

...And, I think that should cover every aspect of the default Window_Message, right? I just need you to finalize it so I can get back to work on my XMS.

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:50 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

That looks fine.

Sorry about the delay. I've been juggling an idea in my head, but decided against it due to it causing problems. Instead, I am adding 2 more constant options:
Expand to see the code.

The idea here is in Part 2, if you don't use Spriteset_Base, it still does the method splits but doesn't use the Spriteset_Base class. In Part 3/4, if you don't use Scene_Base, it splits the update methods like in Part 4 but doesn't require Scene_Base. This is just for people who can't use the base classes for whatever reasons. Chances are it will be un-needed, but just incase, I am throwing it in. At least you will no longer need part 3 for part 4.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:45 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

Whoops missed a bug...stupid $game_temp/$game_system x_X

Expand to see the code.

is supposed to be

Expand to see the code.

I updated the post, now it should be perfect! I think whoever doesn't use part of your SDK should bite their own bubbles! (Just kidding!) Good to see you looking out for people :P

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Pavilion
  Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:15 am

Ummm Im Getting an Error at line 8650: Syntax Error Occured

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:02 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Well with that much information I can honestly tell you I have no idea what your problem is.

Top Top

Pavilion
  Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:06 am

Oh Woops Im So Sorry Seph I Figured out whats wrong and forgot to edit my post :)

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:06 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

Is 2.5 going to be done pretty soon? Any last minute things you doing with it?

It seems as though you have a bunch of logging tools, even a part in the SDK module to write the logs to file, but there's no constant allowing you to auto-write the files at the start of the game. I mean, I guess you could just put SDK.write_ whatever somewhere on a one line but I made this which auto-writes everything (enabled by constants), then disables the script (so its not re-writting later on.)

SDK::AutoWrite

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

I can add that to the 2.5. Not a bad idea.

I am about half-way moved in now, but I can try to get more work on this done and finishing it soon.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:34 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

Post updated October 21, 2008

Part 2 Submission : Window_Selectable+

Part 2 Submission : Window_Command+

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:37 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

I'll take a look.

Sorry about the slow update. I am trying to shorten the code an organize things into actual classes, rather than parts. The new format is a little easier.

Expand to see the code.

I have to do that for all the spriteset and scene classes. Essientially, you could use Spriteset_Base and Scene_Base now without even using part 2 or 3. Now, you also don't need part 3 for part 4. So the organization is a lot more complex, but allows even more users. Just a lot of logic.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

'GAME_MAP#PASSABLE?'

'GAME_SCREEN#UPDATE

'GAME_CHARACTER#MOVE_TYPE_RANDOM'

'GAME_ENEMY#MAKE_ACTION'

'PART 4#SCENE_ITEM'

'PART 4#SCENE_SKILL'

'PART 4#SCENE_EQUIP'

'PART 4#SCENE_STATUS'

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:56 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Huh, I just noticed a nice feature of SMF...it marks the thread with new replies if the last post was modified.  Nice.  And I would have to agree that those methods splits are a good idea.

How's the progress, Seph?

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:42 am
No Rest for the Wicked!

HAH! This didn't fit...

'PART 4#SCENE_DEBUG'

'INTERPRETER#SETUP_STARTING_EVENT'

'INTERPRETER#COMMAND_111'

Seph, I was thinking of re-writting the Window_HorizCommand prettymuch entirely. I mean, it would still retain its old functionality and arguments, but I wanted to enhance it. For instance, I don't like the way the commands are handled, such as the fact that if you include too many they just squish up instead of scrolling.

Also, I was thinking of adding additional arguments to the initialize, and changing the way c_spacing handles itself. Instead of (width / c_spacing) or whatever, I'd do something like initialize(width, commands[, max_shown, column_max]) and allow the window to have columns like...

max_shown = 3
column_max = 2

command 1  |  command 2  |  command 3
command 4  |  command 5  |  command 6

Which would change the Window_HorizCommand height to include two + columns of commands if this is something you're wanting to do.

Also, I'm thinking of scrolling the commands too, just like the origional vertical Window Command, so you can scroll commands left and right. Do you plan on making any changes like this? If not do you care if I change it?

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:09 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I was always a bit unclear on how c_spacing worked, but I have a multi-row command window sitting around that I could spruce up for the SDK if you're interested.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:50 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

c_spacing, in my honest opinion, is a very useless argument (or, I just don't see anybody going through the trouble of changing it.) Besides, the window doesn't scroll commands left/right, just squishes them together, so you're limited to just the number of commands you can squeeze into the window. I think that it should be redefined in a major way, because its pretty limited.

I'm working on a new version of Window_HorizCommand myself based off the newly defined Window_Selectable, but you should post your window anyway, there's probably alot we could do with it :thumb:

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:23 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
This is a mildly improved Window_Command which integrates horizontal command windows with variable rows.  It's still limited by Window_Selectable, in that it squishes commands together rather than making a left-right scrollable window.  This is because making it otherwise would require a rewrite of Window_Selectable, which it sounds like you have anyway Kain.  In order to use it you simply need to provide a column_max variable in the initialization.  To make a single row command window, you would just provide commands.size.  To make a two row command window, commands.size / 2.

I honestly think that the update_cursor_rect method of Window_Selectable is flawed...the cursor width is defined:
cursor_width = self.width / @column_max - 32
While it should be defined:
cursor_width = (self.width - 32) / @column_max

If it were like that it wouldn't squish the cursor rects like it does...but since that's the Window_Selectable, that's this Window_Command.  This is truly just a wrapper to put text into Window_Selectable.  Again, we could use an improvement on Window_Selectable...

Here's my work:
Expand to see the code.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:07 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

Yeah, that broken down Window_Selectable is alot easier and quicker to use than the standard, and is somewhat more flexible, you don't even have to 'redefine' top_row or page_row_max or nothing, its all set in initialize via @instances. I even broke down the updates for Input.press stuff. However, default window classes still have their own update_cursor_rect redefinitions, in that case you may sometimes need to just call 'super' for that method in future defs.

Hm, I see what you're talking about with update_cursor_rect, and I was having troubles converting Window_HorizCommand to my new version of Window_Selectable for the same reasons, the update_cursor_rect and draw_item stuff gave me trouble trying to do it left/right instead of up/down. When I'm not working on anything important, I'm gonna take another look at it unless anybody else wants to try.

I'm gonna play around with your new Window_Command too and see how it works, I'm glad somebody went with this idea, it could probably be a cool alternative to use with/instead of Window_HorizCommand.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:52 am
No Rest for the Wicked!

Another small addition to the ever-growing SDK lib...

"SPRITE_CHARACETER#UPDATE"

There you go Seph, now we've written almost another half of an SDK here... update, update !!! :D

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:58 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Sorry for the lack of updates but it looks like you guys have posted some good things here. I'll be going over them and working on getting this updated before the holidays.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:34 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I've made improvements to that Window_Command since posting it.  These improvements basically allow to enable and disable commands at will, selecting them by name instead of index if desired, and to check whether they are enabled or not based on index or command name.  I used these features extensively in Map Image Maker for the options scene, so it never had to keep track of what command was which; I could change commands from ON to OFF and they would still function correctly when using a @command_window.command case.

Expand to see the code.

Example of usage:
Expand to see the code.

Expand to see the code.

Expand to see the code.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:02 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Not too bad. I've done the same thing as well and always use a Window_Command#command vs Window_Command#index on conditional branching. But the rest of what you have looks great and shouldn't cause any other complications.

Top Top

hanmac
  Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:12 pm

http://npshare.de/files/88f86f65/wcs.txt << look at this i think you get good ideas.

PS: this is a wip from me an under develop
please dont play dump with this exept you try to make it better.

PPS: this is an APD script.
if you dont know what is the apd watch there http://itzamna.rmxp.de/drupal/node/44

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:29 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

An ADP...? Your link isn't working and I don't know what that is, can you explain?

Like, what is all this stuff supposed to do for you?

Content Hidden

We do need a standardized Vocab & Terms module though, like in VX. I already use a standard one I wrote for a couple different systems in my project.

Vocab/Abbrv modules

Theres seperate but similiar modules for Vocab (full words) and Abbrv (Abbrviations) of terms for battler attributes and armor / item / skill / weapon attributes, and (optional) I made a text sub system that changes certain things used in database items and translates them to their appropriate Vocab/Abbrv.

(For instance, you write "Boosts ATK" in the item description in database, it'll return "Boosts #{Vocab::ATK}") whatever Vocab::ATK is set to.

Last edited by Kain Nobel on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

hanmac
  Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:56 pm

witch link cant you open?

the window command system can check automaticly what code it schould be run.

like:
windowsys.add_command(pos,string,code,enabled)

1. if the string is a key for the Lang-modul, it prints the sting in the correct lang
2. the code is runnig with eval (it can be more than one command)
3. enabled can be also a string witch is evaluate a run-time

!4! this script is full automatic

instat of
Content Hidden

use this
Expand to see the code.

for your vocab see this:

http://itzamna.rmxp.de/drupal/node/203

with this you can change the lang in the whole game at run-time

PS: i like to build scripts that runs in both versions

Last edited by hanmac on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Rottenberry
  Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:29 am

Not sure how noob of a question this might be considered but how do I disable certain parts of the SDK in 2.4?

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next