Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    Kain Nobel
  Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:35 am
No Rest for the Wicked!

Just don't include the certain parts, for instance if you don't need the "PART 2#GAME_MAP" then just don't include it :P

I think if you go on Seph's offical website, there is a tree doc for the SDK complete broken up class by class (similiar to how the MACL is broken up into individual scripts), else you can manually split and include parts yourself (thats what I did)

You can find any scripts I've submitted within the past year upto the date specified above. If you happen to find something else that is either not on the list or just doesn't have a URL that I had posted officially or otherwise, please PM me the link and I'll be sure to add it to the list.

Top Top

kisuke_hc
  Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:31 am

help!!! i keep getting error in line 2388 in this part "class Window_Command < Window_Selectable"

im sure i paste it right

Last edited by kisuke_hc on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:47 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

you pasted this below Scene_Debug?

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:37 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I don't think I ever sent this to you...it's a refinement of SDK::Auto.z_min and z_max. The code is shorter and simpler, and is capable of checking hashes inside of arrays inside of hashes, which my older code wasn't capable of doing. I'm also not sure if you want these methods in SDK::Auto or just in Scene_Base since that's the only Auto class which would use it, but I think it belongs there. Do with it as you will:

Expand to see the code.

EDIT: I'm noting that once this is done, SDK::Scene_Base needs a change in :make_layer(parent) from :z_min(max) to :z_min

Last edited by rey meustrus on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

jaydenfox
  Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:09 am
Now modding RMXP on neoseeker =D

Could having some of Moghunter's scripts or Ccoa's UMS interfere with this in any way? I've been having a problem with Mr Mo's SBABS which uses the SDK (version 2.0 I believe), and I can't make it work no matter what I do! I have some Moghunter scripts and Ccoa's UMS (as I said before), plus a modified 'main' script to act as a splash script.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:11 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I have forgotten how old the UMS is. Something's probably rewriting a class badly. The splash script sound most suspect off the bat.

Top Top

jaydenfox
  Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:05 am

Thanks. I forgot to try that... I tried taking out all of the scripts I added to put them back in later when I figured out what the problem was, but I forgot to take out the splash script...

Yeah, just took out the splash script and it got in. Boy am I stupid ._.

Edit: I take that back. Now that I've put the UMS and Moghunter scripts back in, it stopped working again.

Edit again: It's the Moghunter scripts. With just the UMS it works fine. With any of the Moghunter scripts, it crashes right after I select 'new game'... Any suggestions?

I'd really like to keep the Moghunter stuff. I edited the title script so that I like it, and everything else looks great... I really like it. Is there any way to keep the MOG scripts without rewriting them (which I couldn't do) along with the SABS?

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:06 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Could you link me to wherever the MOG scripts are? I might be able to help you if you could also show me a fairly good context of the first error you get, i.e. what kind of error it was and a few lines surrounding the line it points to.

Top Top

jaydenfox
  Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:26 am

Hehe, no longer a problem. For some reason, if you Moghunter's scripts directly above the input script used in the ABS, it works, whereas it's ignored if it's above the SDK and bugged when it's below everything else... But it works now! I actually have you to thank partly, rey, because if I hadn't been searching for Moghunter's thread (which I couldn't find), I never would've seen the little excerpt of text that said something about putting the MOG scripts above the input script... So thanks ;)

Top Top

excalibur007
  Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi ! I used SDK 2.4 but when I played my game the panorama which I was using was not there and instead there was black screen but when I remove SDK everything works fine except I want to use the script. :sad:

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:13 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Post the script, but do this in a script support topic. Getting the SDK to work with a certain script belongs in its own support topic. This thread is more of getting the SDK into your project and development discussion.

3.0 is on its way. I am revamping quite a bit but keeping everything in its same structure. Just more options to choose from (Use_Spriteset_Base, Use_Scene_Base, Use_Scene_Layer_Base, etc.) You can now use part 4 without even using the Scene_Base. Part 3 will basically be deprecated at this point as part 3 was the same as the now Use_Scene_Base option.

I am actually considering eliminating parts completely and going with a generator program I have started on.

You start off selecting whether you use: Spriteset_Base, Scene_Base, Layered_Scene_Base

After that each class that has a method branch is shown, all the individual parts. You select which parts to include in your SDK. It generates your SDK and logs each part and setting included. Standard fixes are automatically added. Layout for this will look something like this:
Content Hidden

I am not sure whether I'll make this in XP or online with a php system (layout easier online, code generation easier in Ruby lol).

Anyway, what do you guys think of this?

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:25 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

New addition...

RPG::Sprite#damage

Since I've got a few scripts which display their own special cases of damage text, they ignore custom damage display scripts. This might help a little bit if somebody made a damage display script utilizing these split methods.

I'm debating on doing RPG::Sprite#animation and I'm re-working Game_Map#passable? method break down too.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:09 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Huh, it looks like we lost the last two months of this topic for some reason? Or maybe there was only activity in the one week which I know we lost...

Anyway, I'll say again that I've been working on the Scene_Base, I sent you a PM a bit ago. Contact me for the very most recent version, if you're interested.

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

Update to Scene_Shop, it breaks up the update_buy and update_sell methods or whatever...

SDK 4 : Scene_Shop

Again, notify me within the next four years if you guy's ever update this again (probably not >.>), I've got alot more stuff that I've either fixed, improved or just hasn't been submitted. I use it all in my project in one way or another, so anything I've got to submit has already been tested and works fine and some of my old submissions are out of date :P

Top Top

Batman
  Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:41 am
Sponsor

Alright what's up with this...

As I'm playing or testing out my game...I get an error every single time I try to open up the main menu using the esc key, which then closes down the whole game. The error I get is:

Script 'SDK' line 4509: RGSSError occurred.

disposed tilemap

I have no idea what this means and it's annoying the hell out of me. So if anybody can give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Top Top

Brewmeister
  Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:14 pm
Paste above Main

lv 99 Balance Wizard

In my version of SDK, line 2509 says...

return

What does your's say?

Top Top

Batman
  Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Sponsor

Why would line 2509 have anything to do with it?

Top Top

Brewmeister
  Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:39 pm
Paste above Main

lv 99 Balance Wizard

typo... 4509

Top Top

Batman
  Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:30 pm
Sponsor

Oh haha, thought so :P

Line 4509 in my version says:

@tilemap.ox = $game_map.display_x / 4

Top Top

Brewmeister
  Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:26 pm
Paste above Main

lv 99 Balance Wizard

So, something is trying to update the tilemap AFTER the main menu scene starts, so the tilemap has been disposed from the previous map scene. do a search (Cntl-Shift-F) on update_tilemap, and see if you can find where it's being called from the menu scene.
(or from the map scene, but after the tilemap has been disposed)

Top Top

Batman
  Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:44 am
Sponsor

Well theres a "def update_tilemap" on line 4507?

Top Top

Brewmeister
  Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:55 am
Paste above Main

lv 99 Balance Wizard

It's impossible to tell without seeing the code. You have a different version of SDK, and I don't know what other scripts in what order with what modifications....

Best you compress & upload the project. Then I'll take a look at debugging it.

Top Top

S0ulBlade
  Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 am

Hey, i am doing some major modifications to the scene processing.
When i am on the party select phase, and select a command in the partycommand window i get the following error:

I dont know what's wrong, i dont see any "command" call to a null object... help please im stuck with this

Top Top

dylstew
  Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:33 pm

EDIT: How do i need to put it in my RMXP project. I think it has to do something with that....

I downloaded this,and it's not compatible with atoa costum battle system:http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=779475#p779475
(download it please ,to look at it)

i get this error Image
EDIT: when i put the SDK above it,i get this error:

I also posted this at the ATOA topic but i don't know who's supposed to help me(if you want to) xD

Oh and why do i need this script? To use this awesome script.

http://rpgflag.nl/forum/index.php?topic ... 4#msg19214

It's pretty cool,but dutch xP

Top Top

Neo-Bahamut
  Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:42 am

Anyone knows whether the SDK, the MACL and HBGE are still active?

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:09 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
They're as active as SephirothSpawn, so...not really. But that's not reason not to use the SDK or MACL in your project or standalone script.

Top Top

Caldaron
  Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:18 am

yeah you really destroyed the easiness of scripting with this bullshit, great tha you support unnecessary complexity for just a tiny step of compatability... i mean damnit the aliases were alright and needed to be merged correctly (and if you have 2 scripts manipulating an original method you still have to fit them even with the new sdk). keep your rapture for complexity in university, this is really fucked up, i won't use it anymore... (quit the right time, when i see this)

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:28 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
The two things the SDK helps with, IMO, are:

1. Fixes the F12 bug with aliases
2. Breaks up functions like they are in RMVX so that, for example, a script doesn't have to change the whole #main method of a scene to add a window, and it makes it possible to insert something after initialization but before the main loop without rewriting the whole method (previously aliases couldn't be used).

Since the first part is just a bug fix with the engine, and the second part was done in RMVX anyway (and therefore makes porting easier), the SDK isn't all the evil you have suggested. But then, I haven't personally dealt with the logging/enabling/disabling capabilities, and there is the fact that SDK scripts have another dependency that might break with non-SDK scripts.

Ultimately the SDK is a tool for scripters that intend to release projects to the community. It shouldn't be a problem if you're just scripting your own stuff, and if you're a non-scripter trying to make sense of everything there are clear instructions for putting your scripts together that are probably less prone to bugs than without SDK in the mix.

Top Top

Kingdom Ablaze
  Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:15 pm
Smile, you never know when you are on camera!

i personally have always hated it, i will never program for it again. its nice in theory, but only works if lots of people use it, which ill be honest back when i first started all scripts had an sdk version(in fact most only had an sdk version). but after we had all these scripts we realized f%^& this, its too much hassle. so thats why almost no one uses it any more. to clearify its not used because its a pain in the ass.

Kingdom Ablaze: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingdomAblazeTradingCardGame

Top Top

Ryexander
  Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:29 pm
A scripter of talent

over at Chaos-Project It is often referred to as the Script Destruction Kit.
Personally I hate the thing too. in theory if EVERYONE used it it would be great, scripts would be more compatible ect. but the ting is that like Communism it only looks good on paper IRL it fails.
as it is I still manage to make my scripts compatible with most everything.

(Note that this is not meant to spark an argument, that topic has long since burned itself into the ground, this Is just my two cents)

MACL on the other hand is great.

RPG Maker PY (RMPY) A Replacement RMXP Editor

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next