Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
    Eriol Clowphengire
  Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:18 am
Hard Rock saves the Space

10 actors in 1 battle? it depends on how many "actor#" / "place" events are present in your battle map.

Let's say I have 5 "place" events, that means I can enter five of my selected characters in a battle. But if I have 5 "actor#" events in battle map, your five heroes assigned in your database are called automatically.

# = the Actor ID

Top Top

zchin
  Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:29 pm
T.Y.A.H.A.N.D. = Thank you and have a nice day
Sponsor

Mmmm. I added 10 "actor#" events and 10 "place" events and I added 8 characters to the party (you start out with 2 characters) and it just put 4 people in the first 4 "actor#" events... I"m not sure if I have to get a multi character script or not, but if I do, I've looked and haven't really found one for rmxp. I'm pretty sure there is one though.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Top Top

Sobeman459
  Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Is it possible to intergrate a threat system where monsters would go after whichever actor has the most threat. Then have skills to increase or decrease threat on enemies.

edit: And how would i make a switch turn on if i defeat and enemy.(I know it sounds noobish, but im raking my brain and cant figure it out.)

Top Top

gerrtunk
  Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Can you list some games that uses this script?

Top Top

Sobeman459
  Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:24 am

Is there a script addon or where would i find to edit(if im allowed) to make just one status window showing five actors hp and mp? Maybe even change the name text color based on status? And remove the the status from the command box completely? I know this is asking alot but any little bit would help thanks.

Top Top

dricc
  Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:51 am

gerrtunk wrote:

Yes , that's an interesting question .
I really would like to see some games using this script . With sources , of course .

Top Top

death by moogles
  Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:16 am
They came by sea, land, and air.

I downloaded the newest version of the XP demo and didn't alter it in any way. Animated enemy battlers work just fine, but animated player battlers don't work; they just act as if they're a normal 4x4 tile character with no additional frames or poses.

Top Top

zchin
  Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:17 pm
Sponsor

I have the latest version of it, and when I was play testing a battle map, an actor died by a counter attack, and then the wait/status menu came up, and you couldn't progress any further at all.
Other then that, everything is fine so far...

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:14 am
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Hello!

I'm using XP and I've decided to use the animated character sets.

Although the frames for dead, walking, wait, etc. work - the attack frame doesn't seem to show up at all.

Basically it uses the wait frame for attacking and the animation of the weapon - but it doesn't actually show the frame for attacking at all.

Is this a bug or something?

Thanks! ^.^

Top Top

Gubid
  Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:09 am
Scripting Nerd

zchin, check the CA thread. I have a solution posted there for your problem.

sf, Have you ensured you set your weapons user animation as the 'attack anim' animation id? If not, that is likely your problem.

death by moogles, You may have the same problem as SF. You might also just ensure that the battler includes the name ANIM in the filename. I believe it is required to be all upper case as displayed, but I dont remember.

Sobeman459, Half of the system is designed around the status containing a certain character etc. However, that said, it isnt required. You would simply adjust the status window in section 3(I think) in order to display all actors info and simply take and ignore the other data that would normally be passed to it. This would allow it to be compatible without adjusting the actual battle system.

As for the threat system, it is already there, but only subtly. There is currently no way to adjust it at this time without getting knee deep in the code. There is a battle definition (section 4) that is called rate_action which will look at various things such as range/attack type/expected damage/expected effected members/heal percents etc that all factor into the decision made on what the 'rating' is. If there is no possible targets it assigns a 0 to the rating making it impossible to be selected. This is the only place I recommend you look.

http://www.creationasylum.net/forum/ind ... opic=25560

If there are any other questions I missed, just let me know.

Top Top

zchin
  Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:21 pm
Sponsor

There are 72 pages in the CA thread... I'm not really sure which page it's on or where to look. Could you point me in the right direction.

Top Top

Gubid
  Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:04 am
Scripting Nerd

I would recommend you start at page 66 and work your way out.

Top Top

Axetylen
  Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:55 am

i have the same problem with game_guy
you can meet this problem in few turn, or more, or not.

Top Top

marththeprinceofwin
  Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Sorry for the bother, but is it possible to make an enemy, that if a certain character talks to during the battle, join the party?

Top Top

jclouds
  Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:47 am

Evilupstart wrote:
That'd be fantastic. I've been looking for a battle system thats a bit different from all the others (side view, active, zelda like). If I knew how to succsessfully set up battles I'd definatly use this. It makes the player think more about what he/she is doing rather than just attack, attack, attack. I'm gonna use it for a more futuristic game though. Guns and Psychic powers will be the primary weapons, but your system can be easily changed to fit them with a few simple database edits and events.

I can attack using my swords, knives and brass knuckles..

Top Top

Mask of Ice
  Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi gubiD. I love this battle system! But Im having one error. Everytime that I try to make a battle, and when I win that battle, it cuts to a cut scene that you made for the demo, then quits out. How do I make it so that this cut scene doesnt appear and I just go back to where I originally was on the map?

Top Top

Gubid
  Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:21 pm
Scripting Nerd

Mask of Ice, you just need to remove my exit event code from the 'enter/exit' config section.

marththeprinceofwin, Use a set_character command from the talking event.

axetylen, this is due to a calculation error while trying to determine where to move. And easy way to resolve the error is to add a 'rescue nil' to the end of the line in which its crashing on. But that doesnt fix it, that just ignores it. The fix is far more involved. Since I will be rewriting GTBS here shortly for VX Ace, I would recommend you wait for that.

My Projects

Awards

Top Top

Ice_Dragon
  Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:30 am

I have problem with this
when i choose "Move" and in a situation like this
the character can't go to the right place,he move to the left and get stuck
anh when I press "B" button,the character's direction is not go back to last-direction(face up instead of left in the 1st picture) and the move-area is missing,like this
do u have any idea to fix this problem?
//sorry for my bad english

Top Top

Mysterybreaker
  Sun May 13, 2012 10:13 pm

I get the following error when trying to place a hero at the start of a battle.
Quote:
Script 'GTBS v1.5.1 - Part1' line 810: NoMethodError occurred.

unedfined method 'collapse=' for#<Game_Actor0x84ddb00>

It occurs when the hero has completed a previous battle in the "knockout" state (dead).
I revive my heroes and remove all states after battles, but I can't figure out how to get rid of 'collapse'.
I'm using the RMXP 1.5.1.4 version. 1.4 seems to not have this issue.

Top Top

Mieticapre
  Mon May 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi, I try to use Multiple Message Window and the Gtbs: i remove the Ccoa UMS, its patch (because they create compatible problems) and replace the line 1114 of Gtbs battle scene "@message_window = Window_Message.new" with "@message_window = [] @message_window[0] = Window_Message.new(0)" (as it written in the instruction of MMs because if i don't replace the lines the script give an error).
When the battle starts appear this problem
Image.

Thanks for your attenction.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45