SephirothSpawn
  Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:34 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Script Forum: Rules, Template, FAQ, Important Topics & Archives
Last Updated: January 20th, 2009
These local rules are in addition to the General Forum Rules

Rules:
  • This forum is for completed scripts only! Do not post script requests, support questions, event systems, etc. here. Please search for the correct sub-forums.
  • You must specify whether the script is for XP or VX with XP, VX or VX/XP post icon.
  • When submitting a script, please make your post organized. We will not accept under-documented scripts
  • To submit a script, simply create a "New Topic". New topics go into an approval queue, so don't panic when you don't see your new topic right away. Be patient, and it will be approved. Topics that fail to comply with the rules will not be accepted.
  • Submitting others work: DO NOT POST ANYTHING WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR'S PERMISSION. If you cannot contact them, contact e, Sophist, or Brewmeister and they will try as well. If they both cannot contact the author, then post it. When posting it, make sure it is clear that it is not your script. Do not take credit for someone Else's work. I have familiarized myself with 99% of the English released scripts, and quite a few of the Japanese ones. If you are caught taking credit for someone Else's script, you will be severely warned, if not banned. Stealing isn't tolerated on this board.
  • Do not post that you can't download the demo or the demo is not found. If there is a broken link, use the "Report" button. Posting in a script that you can't get the demo contributes nothing to the topic and is considered spam.
  • Do not post that you want to see screenshots when the author chose not to post any. Again this contributes nothing to the topic and is spam.
  • You may revive an old topic as long as the post you are making is not spam and the topic creator is still an active member of these forums
  • Do not post questions that have already been answered (especially in a big topic) use the search within this topic to find the information you need, posting the same questions in a topic, especially a bigger topic, does nothing but clutter the topic and is redundant.
  • Do not post short replies such as "good script" or "nice work". This forum is not the place for fluffy comments that serve little purpose.

Template for Submitting Scripts:

Below in bbcode disabled post for easy copy/paste

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:30 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

FAQ:
  • Q: May I post in an old topic for support?
    A: If the member is active still on the forums, then it is fine if they still provide support for the script. If they are not active, make a RGSS Support topic.

Important Topics:

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

Brewmeister
  Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:42 pm
Paste above Main

lv 99 Balance Wizard

Template (for copy/paste)

[size=180][b]<script name goes here>[/b][/size][size=140]Version: <version number>[/size]
[size=140][b]By: <Author>[/b][/size]

[size=140][b]Introduction[/b][/size]

<Post a short description of your script here, what it does and possibly how.>

[size=140][b]Features[/b][/size]
<Post a bulleted list of features here. This section is optional.>
[list]
[*]<feature one>
[*]<feature two>
[*]<feature three>[/list]

[size=140][b]Screenshots[/b][/size]

<Post screenshots of the script in action here. If the purpose of the script is not obvious from a single screenshot, try storyboarding the function of the script with screenshots. If screenshots cannot be taken of the system in action, please say so to prevent people from asking.>

[size=140][b]Demo[/b][/size]

<Post a link to a demo of the script, if one is available. This section is optional if you have the actual script posted, but highly recomended for moderately to highly complex scripts.>

[size=140][b]Script[/b][/size]

<Paste the actual code here, using the CODE tag. This section is optional if you have a demo, but highly recommended for simple to moderately complex scripts.>

[spo--iler=script][co--de]<script>[/co-de][/spo--iler]

[size=140][b]Instructions[/b][/size]

<Place detailed instructions for using, setting up, and/or installing the script here. Any database changes, naming conventions, or event command script code should go here. Also include any resources, such as graphics, the script may need. Screenshots are helpful, but not necessary.>

[size=140][b]FAQ[/b][/size]

<This section can be added later, to answer frequently asked questions in the thread and hopefully keep them from being asked again.>

[size=140][b]Compatibility[/b][/size]

<Post any known compatibility issues, such as if this script is SDK compliant, what scripts you know it is compatible or incompatible with, and possibly what methods it alters. This section is optional.>

[size=140][b]Credits and Thanks[/b][/size]

<If you're using graphics made or scripts written by others, or have someone to thank, do it here. This section is optional if you have no one to mention.>

[size=140][b]Author's Notes[/b][/size]

<Anything in general you want to add about the script, the design process, upcoming releases, differences since the last version, etc. should go here. This section is optional.>

[size=140][b]Terms and Conditions[/b][/size]

<Place any required limitations, permissions and/or requirements for the use of this script here. Any conventions such as 'Free for Commercial Use', 'Not intended for Commercial Use', must include scripter's name and/or url, or the script being an exclusive to a forum/forums should go here.>

Top Top