Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
    Dargor
  Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:21 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Which version are you using?
Do you have any other scripts?

Top Top

Asztrik
  Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Sorry, I have version 3.1 and I have the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System Version 3.3 & Active Time Battle v1.1

Top Top

Monokai
  Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:11 am
Stiel Monokai~

Hello, I just started using your scripts, and I'm confused on some things. (Sorry I am very new but learning fast.) When I put all of the required scripts in, some things changed. I have Icons near my Attack, Items, Save, etc. (I really love this though, I just want to know if that is supposed to happen) Also when I press Pg Up and Pg down The sprite itself changes to different party members (again, I really love this feature, but I'm checking if its supposed to happen.) And the last thing is, there is no "Party" selection in my Menu. Nice script, and I'm sorry if I sound like a noob, but I kinda am. I want to know this information to better myself =D

Top Top

YuenSan
  Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:23 am

Hi, this is kind of in contrast to ur custom commands script, but I was going to use this script, so I tested the custom commands script first. When I brought up the "pause menu" It showed an error saying this...

"Script'Window_Command' line 22: NoMethodError occured. undefined method `size' for Nil:class"

Then I checked line 22, saying "row_max = (commands.size + column_max - 1) / column_max"

And I'm not one to understand scripting, so what's making it like this?

(BTW, I use Takantei's SBS+Kaduki battlers)

Top Top

Dargor
  Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:15 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

YuenSan wrote:
This can be the problem. But I tested the CC with the CBS and it worked fine, at least for the main menu.

It seems like there's a script using a Window_Command and this script doesn't give any commands to add to the window. Are you using any other scripts besides Custom Commands, Party Changer and the CBS?

Top Top

YuenSan
  Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:27 am

Dargor wrote:
YuenSan wrote:
This can be the problem. But I tested the CC with the CBS and it worked fine, at least for the main menu.

It seems like there's a script using a Window_Command and this script doesn't give any commands to add to the window. Are you using any other scripts besides Custom Commands, Party Changer and the CBS?
Well beforehand, like I said, I was using the script told oyu (SBS+ kaduki's) I'm also using the optional scripts that cam along with it (It's the Kaduki battler's demo in here http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/ind ... opic=18304 )

I'm also using a battle background script by moghunter.

Top Top

Benjamin Ficus
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:54 am

Great Script... it'd be very useful, if it would work...
i'm a bit noob, so my complaind may come from my ignorance... anyway:
    -First, it's great that the inventories of every parties are separed, but there are any way to switch items? or at least to have the inventary in common?
    -Second, very often, when i load a seved game, it does not works, showing this message:
    Content Hidden

and even if somehow i maneg to load (yes, sometime works!) all the parties are scrambled, disappeared or the same!
    -The last problem is small, but i can't figure out how to remove this tiny arrow...
    Content Hidden

all those problems come from the demo and i've not mixed it with any other features...

anyway, the script offers a lot of tools to create original games!

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Thanks Benjamin,

I have reopened the Multiple Parties script recently and noticed a couple of bugs and missing features. I am currently updating all my VX scripts.

In the next version, all the loading bugs will be fixed.
I will also add the option to merge parties. You'll be able to make a full merge (Inventory, Gold, Steps, etc.) or specific merge (only Gold, etc.).

Also, the trading system between parties is an excellent idea!
I will add that.

Thanks
-Dargor

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:18 pm

The locked.png image isn't working for me on the original page, do you have another link for it somewhere?

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:34 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

I'll reupload it later today.

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Also, sorry if its a bit of a noob question, but im kinda lame with applying scripts.

It says that you can change the party round and arrange it in the menu and that there should be an option, but my menu doesnt seem to have one, is there something i need to do or change to get that to work?

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:50 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Make sure you have the Custom Commands script placed above the Party Changer (version 3.5) script. By default, you should have the Party option added to the main menu. If not, find this line; @menu_party_changer =
and make sure it's set to true.

I just noticed this script doesn't have a configuration module! :O Shame on me...
I'll update the script this week.

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Yeh i have that, and i've checked that and it on true, but still no menu option.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, troublesome!

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:09 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Do you have any other scripts that modifies the main menu?

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:14 pm

No, i just have your Custom Commands, LArge Party, and this script above the Main script.

I changed the window design but surely that shouldnt matter?

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:32 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

No it shouldn't, unless you changed Window_Command.

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:35 pm

No, im pretty sure i didnt do that.

Ah man!

I'll keep fiddling about with it anyway see if i can get it to work

Not having the locked.png file wouldnt have anything to do with it would it?

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 pm

If it IS the Window_Command though, what should the specified section read for it to be correct?? If that makes sense.

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:50 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Not at all. For now, take a random image (a very small one), name it locked.png and place it in the Graphics/System folder.

Good news! I have uploaded a new version, 3.6, and I know why the commands weren't working. I have commented out the lines that were adding the commands. That's a tiny but stupid mistake of mine :P

Also, I have added a configuration module to easily configure the script.
Party Changer 3.6

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:59 pm

That did it!!! Awesome! Thanks a lot

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:39 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

I have reuploaded Locked.png

here it is! Image

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Image Image Image Image Image

Tutorials

Top Top

Benjamin Ficus
  Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Ok, I placed the new party change script 3.6 and after creating 3 parties (i'm playing the demo) and saving and loading i had, in sequence, those 3 problems:
1)
Content Hidden

a small one, since once i entered the house, i was back to normal, BUT
2)when i tried to change party pressing F5
Content Hidden

3) but when i tried to load again, this message pop up:
Content Hidden

i feel a bit sorry for knowing nothing about programming, since i would being able to help... hope those message help you...

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:10 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

The first 2 seems to be very minor bugs that can be fixed quite easily.
The third bug has already been fixed but the version is not available yet. I want to add the merging and trading feature first and fix these 2 bugs at the same time.

It should be out very soon!

take care
-Dargor

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Tutorials

Top Top

tevak
  Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:53 pm

is it possible to make the party changer a menu command?

Top Top

Dargor
  Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:01 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

If you use version 3.6+ the party changer is already available from the main menu by default.

Tutorials

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:31 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

I have updated the script to version 3.7. This version adds a Custom Commands configuration module specific to the Party Changer. You can use it to add icons to commands that belong to the Party Changer script.

Take care!
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

PrinceEndymion88
  Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:19 pm
A prince without a crown!

I search a simple script that, included in the menu of the game, allow me to choose only 5 heroes to send in battle! But I can choose the heroes only if they were added to the party, if they weren't added to the party, they not appear among the selected, also one of the heroes (for example with id 001) can not be removed by the heroes that can be sent into battle! I do not know if you know "Sailor Moon Another Story" but I try to do the same thing! =) tnx

Twitter:PrinceEndymion
deviantART:PrinceEndymion88

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:40 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're trying to say, but everything I understand can be done with the Large Party and Party Changer scripts.

To set the maximum number of actors the party can hold, esit the variables in the Large Party configuration module. It's all commented and well explained.

You want actors to be available in the reserve without adding them to the party? To do so, use the following line of code.
Expand to see the code.

If you want to lock actors in the party or the reserve, use the following lines of code.
Expand to see the code.

By default, the Party Changer and Party Arrange options are available in the main menu.

Tell me if I didn't catch something 'cause I feel like I'm missing something.

Tutorials

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Hiya, me again!! Really enjoying this script but i've found one problem with it that i can't seem to get rid of.

Basically one of my characters in the party dies, so therefore i just "Remove character" and he is removed from the party, but when i go to the party select option, he can still be picked from there...how do i go about removing him all together??? is this possible???

Thanks in advance.

Top Top

tevak
  Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:22 pm

i have a part of my game where i remove all characters from the party for a cutscene, but i can just go to the party changer in the menu and add them again. how do i fix that?

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next