Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
    Ayvuir
  Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Wahey same question as me pretty much!

^5

Top Top

Dargor
  Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

@teva, Ayvuir
Removing an actor from the party won't remove it from the reserve. However, adding an actor to the party will automatically add him to the reserve, especially if the party is full. (In that case, it will add the actor to the reserve but not to the party).

If you want to manually add/remove an actor from the reserve, use these lines of code:
Expand to see the code.

That's all!
-Dargor

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Image Image Image Image Image

Tutorials

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:30 pm

Do we just add the specific line of code into the script then?? Through an event??

Sorry if thats a pretty noobish question, i'm not that great with scripting yet.

Top Top

Dargor
  Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:07 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Simply use the desired line of code in a call script event command.

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Tutorials

Top Top

tastwister
  Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 am

:cry: I'm using everything you say to use but when I go into a battle, I get an error message on line 1252 :cry:

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Are you using a script that modifies the battle system? Or more precisely that modifies the update_basic method?

Tutorials

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Ok cool i got it to work, thanks a lot ^_^

Top Top

tastwister
  Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:13 am

Dargor wrote:
Are you using a script that modifies the battle system? Or more precisely that modifies the update_basic method?

I am not using any script that changes the battle system.

Top Top

obsorber
  Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:33 am

Godamit...I was hoping to use this script but it's filled with too many errors. I can't even lock my main actor in the party which is mainly what I wanted to do. There are also some other issues with it...the error I'm getting is something like

"undefined local variable or method 'actor1'_id' for game interpreter"

something like that anyways...
I did everything right, and used all the instructions...but it's got
to many bugs. Even when I used the updated party changer
script 3.7, i couldn't even open up my game...

Top Top

Dargor
  Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:46 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Well, you probably did something wrong. Yes, there are still a couple of bugs to fix but the overall script works fine. Just let me a couple of days and everything should be fixed.

I will also post a demo.

Tutorials

Top Top

obsorber
  Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Yo Dargo...you work fast my friend. I'll be willing to test the fixed or updated version. Good job man.

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:05 am

Ok, so i don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it seems to be quite a big, and annoying glitch, and i'm thinking its this script.

Basically if my main character, who's leading on the world map, dies, but i win the battle. When it comes back to the field map... i become unable to move the character, or open up the menu, or basically just do anything...

Any way around this?

Top Top

obsorber
  Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:56 am

Didn't know about that bug...Looks like another 1's come up again. Hang on a minute...are you able to lock your main actor because I can't lock him from being moved out of party or switched. Just gives me errors before I can do that. Also...is your main character actor 1?

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:50 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Thanks for the report, I'll fix that in the next release ;)

Tutorials

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:54 pm

Ok, i found out what was wrong. Basically i twiddled the script so that you couldnt shift your main leader on the field (Page Up/Page Down). So when my main character died, it didnt automatically shift to the next available alive person, when i got back on to the field, which is why i couldn't do anything.

So i just had to put that part to "true" again.

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:01 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

I'll add a state check for that. If the lead character is dead it'll for the next alive character.

Tutorials

Top Top

Titan Strife
  Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:36 am
The Legendary Mercenary

I am having a problem when after I select "Quit" from my menu screen. After I select it, it gives me the option to quit and all that stuff just fine, it's just that if I cancel from that menu and I go back to my main menu, my cursor sits off two blank spaces below my "Quit" command and I can't move my cursor up or down any more.

Here are a few reference pics...

This is my menu...
Content Hidden

This is when I select "Quit"...
Content Hidden

And here is when I return from the quit menu...
Content Hidden

I am not quite sure what is causing this problem.

I have also come across a another little glitch while actually getting the reference pics above. I went to press my "Print Screen" button to take a screen shot, but instead I accidentally hit the F-12 button which is the play testings reset button. After it reset, it displayed my title screen for a split second then it displayed this error message...

Content Hidden

It doesn't have any real effect on anyone play testing, unless they rely on using the F-12 button a lot.

The content in this spoiler is an older problem I experienced, but I have resolved it.
Content Hidden

Aside from these little glitches, I absolutely love your "Party" scripts Dargor. This is exactly what I would have been looking for after I finish my first project here and start my second one with a group of my friends. I am glad I stumbled upon it now and be able to use it for my current project. Keep up the good work my friend.

Top Top

obsorber
  Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:28 am

Yo but your using a different menu system. I don't think that occurs if the menu isn't changed...

Top Top

Dargor
  Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:46 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

@obsorber
Unless the custom menu alters important parts of the original menu, it shouldn't matter.

@Titant Strife
About your first error, my guess is that the custom title commands returns a wrong value when selecting Cancel. I'll fix that.

The second bug is a well known bug in RGSS in general. The famous F12 bug. I'll prevent the script from popping up this error.

Now about your last bug, it's probably caused by my Large Party script. When I did this script, I haven't testet the item target window. I'll fix this script too.

Thanks for the reports!
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:09 pm

I'll add a state check for that. If the lead character is dead it'll for the next alive character.

Have you now done this? Is it available on the first post?

Top Top

obsorber
  Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:15 pm

doubt avyuir, dargors a busy man, plus he's making so many other scripts which is good...

Top Top

Ayvuir
  Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:19 pm

OK you haven't yet, i just tried it lol. Nvm.

Top Top

Dargor
  Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:15 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Busy indeed.
No I haven't but it's a really easy thing to do. I'll edit the script in my lunch our.

Tutorials

Top Top

Titan Strife
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:07 am
The Legendary Mercenary

Dargor wrote:
Busy indeed.
No I haven't but it's a really easy thing to do. I'll edit the script in my lunch our.

That's cool man, don't rush yourself. I mean, I really appreciate you providing this script for everyone. It is my favorite one that I am using, hands down.

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

I have updated the script to version 3.9.
http://www.freewebs.com/rmxp-ff/Dargor_ ... er_3.9.txt

It fixes the bug of having a dead lead character.

Take care!
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

obsorber
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:41 pm

It still aint fixed...I still get the same error with this updated version that has to with the new custom commands script. If I set the lead character to be forced in the party, that aint even possible cuz i get an error and thats what I mainly want to do...now I'm not saying the dead character bug isnt fixed but the bug i stated isnt... :pissed:

I dont need to tell you what error looks like. Alll you need to do is make a new event with the party changer system putting force actor 1 there and add another character before hand. Then the error takes place...

Otherwise it's me who is making the mistakes $game_system.forced_party = [actor1_id]
I've also tryed making a forced or locked actor in party like this too...
$game_system.forced_party = [Iain_id] (who is actor 1 too...)

:pissed: why won't it work...if I can't get this party script to work soon...I'm just gonna forget about it as I am very impatient and don't have long to make my game. Plus I will just stick to the limit break script you have dargor, which I also want.

Yes Dargor...I call Scene_PartyChanger.new before I use those scripts.

Last edited by obsorber on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:04 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Yes I know, i haven't fixed that.
Dargor wrote:
It fixes the bug of having a dead lead character.

I've only fixed the lead actor not being switched on the map if he's dead. Other updates are comming soon. Also, I've tried what you're trying to do with Party Changer 3.9 and Custom Commands 1.15 and it works just fine.

obsorber wrote:
Godamit...I was hoping to use this script but it's filled with too
"undefined local variable or method 'actor1'_id' for game interpreter"

Looks like you're doing something wrong in your script call event. What's the exact script line you're calling?

Tutorials

Top Top

obsorber
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:20 pm

Otherwise it's me who is making the mistakes $game_system.forced_party = [actor1_id]

why won't it work...if I can't get this party script to work soon...I'm just gonna forget about it as I am very impatient and don't have long to make my game. Plus I will just stick to the limit break script you have dargor, which I also want.

Last edited by obsorber on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top Top

Titan Strife
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:58 pm
The Legendary Mercenary

obsorber wrote:

why won't it work...if I can't get this party script to work soon...I'm just gonna forget about it as I am very impatient and don't have long to make my game. Plus I will just stick to the limit break script you have dargor, which I also want.

Last edited by obsorber on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It looks like your putting the wrong thing in the brackets.

the line you have is:
$game-system.forced_party = [Iain_id]

Should be:
$game-system.forced_party = [1]

Where the script is calling for "actor_id" it is asking for the actor number, not the name of the Actor.

Hope this helps because that is the way I understood your problem.

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:07 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

exactly, that's the problem. The script needs a number, or a variable holding a number. So, as Titant Strif said, it would be either:

$game_system.forced_party = [1]

or

actor_id = 1
$game_system.forced_party = [actor_id]

Also, a bit offtopic but, why would you be in a rush? Unless your life depends on it O_o.

Tutorials

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next