Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
    Titan Strife
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:21 pm
The Legendary Mercenary

Dargor wrote:
exactly, that's the problem. The script needs a number, or a variable holding a number. So, as Titant Strif said, it would be either:

$game_system.forced_party = [1]

or

actor_id = 1
$game_system.forced_party = [actor_id]

Also, a bit offtopic but, why would you be in a rush? Unless your life depends on it O_o.

Wow, I feel good! I actually got something about scripting right!

Oh, and the problem I was experiencing earlier, if it has to do with the Custom Commands, would you be posting the fix here or on your Custom Commands page?

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:32 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

For sure you got it right!

And about your question, normally I like when people post questions about scripts in their respective topics, but the custom commands script is an exception I guess. 50%, maybe more, of my scripts need it to work so, I don't mind about that. :)

I'm at work right now but I'll try to update it ASAP. ;)

Take care!
-Dargor

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Image Image Image Image Image

Tutorials

Top Top

obsorber
  Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:08 pm

lol my brother is at uni and he comes back every odd term. I wanna make the best project I can before the summer hols where he will be back for 2 months. I want him to play my game and I haven't even finished my opening scene yet... :shock:

and titan strife gj my friend. Hey dargor...is there any more stated bugs left to fix?

Horah...this is great. The main actor is in the party for good just as I wished. Now to wait for the limitbreak system to be fixed to a certain extent :lol: that way I can test the game well with a good estimate of how long the gameplay will last. Having special moves can change game time.

Thats another reason why I'm in a rush. I want to know how long game will last with limit breaks on too...

Top Top

Kenny1264
  Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Can someone help me? When I try to change the order of the party, I get this.

Sctipt 'Party_Changer' line 1485: NoMethodError occurred.
Undefined method `clear_selection_rect` for #<Window_MenuStatus:0x1edc798>

Top Top

Dargor
  Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:39 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Make sure you have the custom commands script above Main and above any other custom scripts, but below all the default scripts. Then, make sure you place the party changer script below the Custom Commands script.

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Tutorials

Top Top

Kenny1264
  Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Dargor wrote:
Make sure you have the custom commands script above Main and above any other custom scripts, but below all the default scripts. Then, make sure you place the party changer script below the Custom Commands script.

I've already done that. D:

Top Top

Kenny1264
  Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:16 pm

I screenshot the errors I keep getting.

I get this one when I select party and try to do anything or back out of it.

Content Hidden

I Get this when when I try to select order.

Content Hidden

And I also need to ask how to you add more characters then 4 to a party using this?

Top Top

Sawnik
  Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm having these problems too... Custom Command script is on the top of Main process with Party change right below it.

Top Top

TiamatDragon8888
  Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Hello Dargor,

Thanks for the great script, it works really well. There is just one error I'm running into that I cannot figure out how to fix (Though I'm sure its a really simple problem, due to my lack of knowledge in scripting...)

When I first boot up my game to test it, the game will run perfectly, no problems, no errors. When I save what I've tested and leave the playtest to edit mistakes that I've made or add more, and try to load up my save file, I get the following error message;
"Script 'Multiple Parties' line 371: NoMethoderror occured
undefined method 'data' for nil:Nil Class

This seemed to me at first to be an easy fix, for I thought it was just because it was trying to load the data from your demo instead of my game, which is where i copied the script from. It turned out not to be the case because when I tried the same thing on the demo you provided, I recieved the same error message, so I don't even have a version that loads the data correctly to troubleshoot with.

I apologize if this problem has already been addressed and solved, I read through most of the posts and did not see this problem being spoken of. Once I can figure out what I'm doing wrong here, eveyrthing else should be working smoothly! :biggrin:

Oh, and I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I have not edited line 371 at all in my script, or in the script in the demo you made.

Top Top

derkunstler
  Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 am

I want to thank you, Dargor, for all your inspiring works. I’m fairly new to game making, but every time I need a script now I feel like checking out if you made one, before looking elsewhere. I’m using your Custom Commands, Large Party, Party Changer, Auto Battle, Bestiary-Bestiary Command, Advanced Text and Advanced Save Files: you’re basically my top scripter along with Kylock.

I was having some issues with the Party Changer, as the game freezed when the locked leading character was incapacitated. I see you’ve fixed this already, so again: THANK YOU. I’ll find a way to credit you in some “special” way in my game, if I ever finish one.

derkunstler

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:38 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

@ TiamatDragon8888
Yes I'm aware of this bug and I have a fixed version at home. The problem is in the Multiple Parties script, which tries to use the Game_Parties class before it is initialized. I'll try to release it soon.

@Kenny1264, Sawnik
Thanks for the report. I don't recall seeing this error before. I'll tryy to fix it ASAP. ;)

@derkunstler
Thank you, I'm glad you like my scripts!

I'm sorry for the lack of update, I've very busy right now with my work and my FF6 SDK and I don't have time to release any new scripts or update them. But I'll get back to you soon with lots of updates and new scripts!

Take care
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

josh motte
  Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:42 pm

i need help with the party changer. i have this character named johnny who becomes part of your party for a mission, but then he leaves once the mission is done. what can i do so that johnny will be deleted from the "reserves" menu created by this script? the problem if he doesn't is that once someone no longer has him in the party, he is still in the reserves, and can add him back whenever they want, but i don't want that to happen.

i'm guessing i have to do a "script" event command, but i don't know what to write in it.

please help, thanks
josh

Top Top

Dargor
  Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:37 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Hi Josh,

It's easy, use a call script command and type $game_party.remove_reserve_actor(actor_id)
Where actor_id is the ID of the actor you want to remove from the party.

That's all!
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

josh motte
  Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:41 pm

thanks dargor!

btw, i want to ask you, since you seem to be pretty great with scripting:

how can i get the menu selection cursor to stop blinking? you know, the box that goes around the selected text, the way it fades in and out repeatedly...it's not such a big deal, but i thought it would look nicer if it didn't fade in and out...

Top Top

Dargor
  Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:56 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

It's not possible to change that unless you have a rewritten Window class for VX.
However, if you're familiar with Ruby, you could easily create your own cursor rect script and erase the cursor rect in the bitmap.

Tutorials

Top Top

Ashigaru
  Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Hm. I think I may be doing something wrong. I have the script working and everything but a few things I'm bumping into...

I removed a character from my party, that I'd like to have come back later, but she still gets exp. I also tried to lock two other party members into the reserve party and they won't seem to go. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

$game_actors[2].reserve_locked = true
$game_actors[3].reserve_locked = true

right?

EDIT: nevermind I got it. :D I just actually took some time to read the entire forum and figured it out.

Top Top

tevak
  Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:30 am

Does someone have htis script before it became custom commands dependant?

Top Top

derkunstler
  Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:26 pm

EDIT:
Alright, ’tis me again. I’m having a problem.
First of all, if I’m getting this right “$game_actors[1].party_locked = true” and “$game_system.forced_party = [1]” have pretty much the same effect; although, by using the latter you may lock multiple actors at once. Also, to force someone to be in the party automatically locks him.

Here’s the trouble:
1) It seems that locked characters can’t be rearranged. That means that when the locked leader dies, the script would automatically switch to the other one, which is great, *but*, if you go to “Menu/Arrange” the game will freeze.

I have gone through the pages and haven’t found this. But, if you already have replied to this, forgive me.
Thanks anyway! Still a big fan of yours!

derkunstler

Top Top

livpj11
  Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Dargor I love this script but is it still supported? If so I am trying to figure out how to force an actor to be in the party when creating multiple parties. I tried locking in the actor but that causes the actor to be required in both parties. Any suggestions?

Sponsored by

Project's Worth Checking Out

Top Top

dragonmark
  Tue May 25, 2010 1:51 am

Well done, but there's an error whenever I try to open the changer. It gives me an error:
Expand to see the code.

Help, please? It's probably a single number, but that line doesn't hlep.

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue May 25, 2010 3:02 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

It's because this script also requires my [VX] Large Party script.
Make sure you also have the latest version of the Custom Commands script.

Let me know if you still having problems.

Take care!
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

dragonmark
  Tue May 25, 2010 10:06 pm

New error

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue May 25, 2010 10:17 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

hmmm that's odd... It seems like the RGSS Sprite class is not defined.
Make sure all the custom scripts are place bellow the default scripts but above Main.

If it still doesn't work then I'll take a look at it as soon as possible.

Take care
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

Loduel
  Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:58 pm

Hey Dargor Great Script!
It works perfectly with the project I am working on.

I am having one issue though it seems when I am in the party changing screen.
Expand to see the code.

Whenever I press 'Reset' The game freezes?
I have Actor[1] forced into the party.

Not sure If I am missing something or done something wrong here or maybe just a minor bug in the script. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Loduel

Top Top

harkonen
  Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 pm

I cant seem to find 'locked.png' its a broken link on the first post. can anyone upload it or say where i can find it?

Top Top

jozephier
  Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:18 pm

I dont see any of the locked.png. Could u upload again dragor?

Top Top

chrifokun
  Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Is there a Script, that when the Characters, which aren't in the Order, but not in the Party, get also EXP?

Hope for an answer...

And how can i use this Script with ATB and Sideview Tenkentai-Script?

Top Top

telgar
  Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:08 am

I am having some dificulties with your script. I have Custom Commands, Large Party and your party changer scripts loaded and in that order, and I am using no other scripts. When I go to access the party menu I get the following error.

Script 'Party Changer' line 1196: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'max_members' for #<Game_Party:0x16a1320>

And when I attempt to access the Order menu I get:

Script 'Party Changer' line 1499: NoMethod Error occurred.
undefined method 'set_selection_recy' for #<window_MenueStatus:0x18ae788>

I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me I do not know what, any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Telgar

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10