Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
    wsensor
  Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:59 pm

hmm I know your not taking command requests...

I was just wanting to know... in tricksters one for xp
you could make a command box that only showed certain skill types
or just certain skills... and it also let you choose a set ammount of uses for specific skills

I was wanting to know if there was a way to make it show just certain skills...

I mean is there any code in your script for showing specific skill types? if not then oh well

Top Top

Dargor
  Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:33 am
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

I have updated the script to version 1.9.1. It's not a big update, I've only made a couple of revisions.

@wsensor
well, this script is for vx, it will not work with trickster's scripts.
However, I'm working on a Skill Subsets script, for vx. maybe you can wait a bit?

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Image Image Image Image Image

Tutorials

Last edited by Dargor on Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

wsensor
  Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:53 am

ok XD I was just wandering if there was a way to do it XD

I was thinking about making commands sets that you are given when using certain armor or weapons...

so say I have the accessory Book of Basic Magic

it would give you the skill subset Basic Magic
and would have certain spells in it...

it would also be nice if you could make it read a line or two from the note's tab Dargor...

say for skill subsets give it ability to read note lines like this
ssl = skill subset level

even if you have the skill subset if your level is not equal or greater it does not show...

thats what I was doing when I was messing with trickster's scripts and xp for awhile...
had 5 or 6 different magic books... each adding a specific skill subset...
I also had found a script that let you set each skill to be learned on uses so I was actually able to make my chars keep the skills they learned from the book accessories I had made

Top Top

Dargor
  Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:47 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

I have made another update! The previous one was not important enough so I have decided to add more eye candies to it.
Version 1.10 now supports Icons for commands, based on the command names.
I have added a screenshot section in the first post so you can have a little preview!

@wsensor 
I'm almost done with the skill subset script. Of course, it will be combined with the custom commands script.
Also, I like the idea of adding (or even removing) commands depending on your equipment, I might add that in a future version! ;)

Take care!
-Dargor

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Tutorials

Top Top

wsensor
  Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:28 am

yea

Trickster's script custom battle commands allowed you to make command skill subsets...

like I was saying there were a couple types of skill setups...
1 the script could set to make some skills have set numbers of uses per battle...
2 some skills had reloadable uses and when you defended it reloaded certain skills a certain amount to the max...
3 when equiping armor or weapons or accessories it could be used to make load a custom command skillset
  the skillset then read what skills it should have from a list...

so like I was saying

skillset [Starter Magic] would be given when you equiped the accessory
[Beginners Magery] book would give you the following skills for how I set it up
Frost      lvl1 skill
Zap        lvl1 skill
Burn      lvl1 skill
it also gave advanced beginners skills but those ones did not work because I had them setup to only work once the first 3 skills were learned based on a use system
this would make the character learn the skills forever if you used them enough to learn them making them available in the normal skill selections
(but that was done with 2 other different scripts and the 2nd one was heavily tinkered with and even though it was not meant to do what I made it do after I messed it up to read that the skill was mastered from the first script it let me use the next skills)

it would be nice if someone would make an add-on script for learning skills and making skills work only if you have learned other skills and had required items also

Top Top

WPharolin
  Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:44 am

Yeah im kinda new at this. I can't figure out how to shut off the icons (like the attack icons and what not) that are on by default. Help please!

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:28 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

If you don't want to use icons, go in the configuration module at the begining of the script and change
Expand to see the code.

for
Expand to see the code.

Tutorials

Top Top

WPharolin
  Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks. I feel dumb now though. If it was anymore obvious...heheh

Top Top

Master Fayt
  Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:39 am

This is a great script. I'm especially loving the icons. The problem I'm having is that when I change the name of the skill command for certain classes (ex: Warrior class with Swordplay) the icon for skill doesn't show up and it just has the text in the battle menu.

Also, I'm just wondering if you can set icons for the skill and item commands on the main menu to be different for the battle menu.

Top Top

Dargor
  Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:53 am
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Master Fayt wrote:
       This is a great script. I'm especially loving the icons. The problem I'm having is that when I change the name of the skill command for certain classes (ex: Warrior class with Swordplay) the icon for skill doesn't show up and it just has the text in the battle menu.

It's because you need to specify an Icon for Swordplay. The script doesn't take custom Skill Command Name into consideration.

Master Fayt wrote:
Also, I'm just wondering if you can set icons for the skill and item commands on the main menu to be different for the battle menu.

No you can't. It's because Icons are "String-Based". If there is, for example, a command named "Item" in a different scene, the script will search the Array of icons and if it sees that an icon is associated with the string "Item" it will automatically draw this icon with this command.

I'll take that into consideration and see if I can elaborate the icon feature.
Take care!
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

Master Fayt
  Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:28 am

oh, ok. I guess I'll just wait for that update then. Thanks for the quick reply. :thumb:

Top Top

rftd
  Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:28 pm

When I used with SBS + ATB 1.1 happened the following error.

Can You help me ??

Last edited by rftd on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top Top

naruxsaku
  Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:57 pm

Ok. I have a bit of a problem.
I put in the EquipLearnSkill script by KGC into my game.
And when I choose the command to view the skills i'm learning, ANOTHER command exactly like it appears beneath it.
These extra commands don't do anything! This all happened when I used your script.

Any advice?

Top Top

Dargor
  Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:02 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

@rftd
Looks like the script is trying to get information from an battler that doesn't exist :/
It does that only with the ATB?

@naruxsaku
It happens in the main menu or in another manu?

Tutorials

Top Top

naruxsaku
  Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:41 am

Main pause menu.

Top Top

rftd
  Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Yes only with ATB

Top Top

Dargor
  Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:21 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

I have updated the script with a couple of new features!

You can now use message codes such as \C[x] in command and item names!
Also, I have added a "Rainbow" effect. Remember the flashy Limit command in FF7?
Now you know what I mean! :) You can specify wich commands can flash with "Rainbow" colors and you can also specify which colors to use!

Hope you like it!
-Dargor

Top Top

megadroid97
  Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi there. I am also getting the same error message as rftd.

I am using the current Tankentai SBS v3.3 + ATB. I was able to pass the error by removing the "Update Actor Command Selection" portion of the script, just to see what might happen. I ran into more errors afterward.

I saw that the order of the action menu was correct, but you would go through it out of order. When you press esc. to view the "fight/escape" menu, the Party Changer option is missing (i have the script plugged in and it works well outside of battle). Also, my selection is frozen on "fight" and i cannot switch to "escape". When I press enter, i get another error.

Is there a way to make the Custom Commands script compatible with the Tankentai SBS + ATB system? It would be great to be able to use your party changer script, since it's the only one I know that works with the multiple party script too. :)

Edit: I just got a new error regarding the Party Changer script when I enter battle:
"Script 'Dargor's Party Changer' line 1259: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'draw_item' for #<Window_PartyCommand2:0x17dd428>"

-md97

Top Top

Dargor
  Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:02 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Indeed, this script isn't compatible with Takentai CBS. I tried to make it compatible a few weeks ago but this CBS doesn't like my scripts it seems... I'll check the CBS again and try to make it compatible with both ATB and non-ATB versions ;)

Take care!
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

tevak
  Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:16 pm

how do you add the icons to things like your party changer and bestiary like there are for other things?

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Everything is explained in the script header.

You have to go in the configuration module at the begining of the script, locate the Icons hash and specify the icon ID for a command like that:

Icons = {
'My Command' => 100
}

Tutorials

Top Top

tevak
  Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:59 pm

i try that with
Vocab::party => 159,
but it says that party is undefined in vocab:module

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:04 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

It's because you need to use a capital P in the word Party.

Like that, Vocab::Party.

Tutorials

Top Top

tevak
  Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:45 am

now it says
unitialized constant vocab::Party

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:34 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Oh, ok now I understand why it's doing this. The Party Changer must be placed below the Custom Commands script and Vocab::Party is initialized in this script.
However, the Icons variable is located in the Custom Commands script and is initialized before the Party Changer. So if you ask the CC script to do something with Vocab::Party, it will give you this error because Vocab::Party is not defined/initialize yet.

I'm working on a little CC addon to the Party Changer, it should be available pretty soon.

EDIT:
There you go. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42719
This version adds a CC configuration module to let you add icon to commands that belong to the Party Changer.

Take care!
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

tevak
  Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am

does it do that for the bestiary too? (your bestiary)

Top Top

Dargor
  Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Not yet. I have to update all my scripts that have custom commands to make it work.

Tutorials

Top Top

Brewmeister
  Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:59 pm
Paste above Main

lv 99 Balance Wizard

Hey Darg,

'M' & 'W' getting squished

Brew wrote:
There are 2 "draw_text" commands.

self.contents.draw_text(x + cx + 24, y + 2, cw, ch, c)
&

self.contents.draw_text(rect.x + cx, rect.y, cw, ch, c)

draw_text(x, y, width, height, text)

These are drawing one character, and 'cw' is getting set to the width of that specific character in the current font.
the "draw_text" method inherently will 'scrunch' text if it doesn't fit in the defined rectangle.

do a search on "draw_text", and replace 'cw' with 'cw + 10' (any arbitrary number to make it bigger).
This will give a larger rectangle to draw the character at it's full size.

I'll let Dargor know as well.

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:28 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Yes I've fixed that bug this morning. I've updated the script to version 1.15. See first post.

Take care!
-Dargor

Tutorials

Top Top

obsorber
  Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:23 am

Yo Dargor...How do you add Icons to the Commands. I'm using your limit break script and a few others like the tankentai battlesystem. How would I make it that the limit command has an Icon for it. My game just seems a bit off without all the commands having a specific Icon...

I'll take a look at it now. Knowing my luck, there is probably a guide or help like in all your scripts....

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next