Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

rey meustrus
  Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:46 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I've updated this. New features:

Smarter memory management, allowing maps to be generated and saved at higher resolutions.
New special commands: "Clear Map Cache" disposes cached bitmaps so that new ones can be generated at the highest resolution available; "Generate and Save All" disposes bitmaps after they are saved so that each map is saved at the highest resolution.

With the new updates, a 500x500 map can be saved from 2x zoom, whereas it might have been at 4x or 8x before. Please note that saving the PNG file takes a very, VERY long time at these higher resolutions. A 4000x4000 image (the size of a 2x zoom map of 500x500 tile size) is likely to take a long time, and do remember that the RGSS Player window MUST remain in focus during the whole process; focusing on another window will pause it. I can not think of any way around this, since it is built into Enterbrain's design.

And don't be surprised if your 150x150 map takes more time than your 500x500 to save; a 150x150 map, at full scale, is 4800x4800 pixels, while a 500x500 map at 2x scale is only 4000x4000 pixels, so the smaller map will probably take less time to generate, but more time to save.

Top Top

Neo-Bahamut
  Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:13 pm

Don't know if you are still working on this but I was bored so I made a function to show weather:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmgrqzmtu3m

If there are other suggestions somebody has I cold realise them (if I am bored again x)

Top Top

Ynlraey
  Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:22 am
Wutz Effert?

Dude this is what I've been looking for, thanks! :D

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:05 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I'm going to have to update this again sometime, because since my earlier update I've discovered memory problems with saving that much data to PNG, and therefore improved the method to save PNG's. And now, I know much more about the PNG format than I did before. Anyway, another update relatively soon that will address errors you might get when saving gigantic maps.

Top Top

MarkDarkness
  Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 am

That's pretty great, rey meustrus... keep it up! :)

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:56 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I have made a very large update. Version 3.0 has many improvements:

You can now save any map at full resolution. Even if you run out of memory for the preview image, the resulting file will be at full size, even for 500x500 maps (the largest allowed size).

User settings will persist between using the program. These settings are stored in MapMaker.ini, using the Settings module I developed and released in Scripter's Corner. There are additional settings in that file which are not exposed in the interface, and you can change them with caution.

The script now uses a Debug module which saves debugging information to MapMaker.log. If you encounter any problems, please attach this file to your post describing the problem.

Top Top

Draycos Goldaryn
  Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:58 pm
The Goldyn Scaly One

My apologies if this is considered necroposting, but seeing as how i am very much interested in this tool, and it has been updated since the last time i was around...

Rey Meustrus, I just wanted to know, have you got the event priority bug fixed in this version? or is that still an issue?

Thank you,

Draycos Goldaryn.

And now for some fun:
Popular Quotes with a Goldaryn Twist! (Updated 2011-08-25)

Last edited by Draycos Goldaryn on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:51 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Event priority is no longer an issue. Events and tiles appear as they do in-game (which is sometimes different from how it looks in RMXP)

Top Top

Sir Ver
  Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:34 am
Mr.

@rey meustrus

This tool is great, it is very useful.
But i had one issue regarding an evented treasure chest on my map.
It is supposed to show that it is behind the fence, however it takes the top half of the fence away completely.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, I'm not sure if you will be updating this in the future at all, but if you plan to, would it be possible to add screen tone to the mix?

Thanks for this script!

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:48 am
I'm a doctor in Costa Rica.
Sponsor

Party Mascot

Great stuff. Incredibly useful. Too bad I use parallax mapping. :(

Top Top

LaDestitute
  Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:55 am
Gabber Robot

Party Mascot
Excellent script, yo.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:56 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
@Sir Ver: Have you checked that your chest displays properly in-game? Are you sure the priority is set properly on your fence? I'm not ruling out that I handled priorities wrongly but I need to be sure there's a problem before spending hours pulling out my old project files and digging through priority handling scripts.

Also, no chance for screen tone. RGSS just isn't built to do that kind of advanced filtering directly on the bitmap; the best I could do is the built-in alpha-channel blend mode, rather than the comparatively simple multiply blend mode, and grayscale is a completely different beast. If you're just trying to produce a mockup screenshot, you can always import the image into Photoshop and create a new layer, set to Multiply blend mode, and fill it in a solid color with the RGB value in your screen tone. To get the grayscale in Photoshop, use Hue/Saturation on the primary layer and reduce saturation to match the "gray" value of the screen tone.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:48 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I've updated the download to a new version 3.1 which should hopefully fix the priority issues above. For one thing, it uses the tile layer as a "tiebreaker" when sorting tiles by Z-value, under the hypothesis that Ruby's unstable sort algorithm was sometimes causing layers to appear out of order. Secondly, the Z value of map tiles compared to character tiles was tweaked a bit. I've also clarified some of the error handling, but I don't think that's affected anybody yet since I haven't heard error reports.

Top Top

MarioSuperStar
  Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:19 pm

When getting the image of some maps I get this error:

Also, if my events/characters have 8 frames, they show 2 frames, like if it was set to 4 frames.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:54 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Could you please send me the MapMaker.log file? I will definitely look into your error.

Be aware that because this program runs as a separate project, none of your custom scripts will have any effect on the output. If you know how to script you can make a new project and copy the MapMaker.rxdata over the Scripts.rxdata in the new project to change the scripts to match your sprite sheet layout.

Top Top

mouse_std
  Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:18 pm

thankyou :cry: your a life saver, this is by far the most helpfull script ive ever seen , truly amazing :thumb: , btw your download doesnt seem to work so i download @neo-bahamut one

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:47 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Download link works fine for me; do you mean it won't download or the files won't work?

Top Top

mouse_std
  Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:00 am

download is fine , its the files that wont work :blank:

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:48 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
So, did you unzip the package into the project directory for the game for which you want to take map images? Then run MapMaker.exe? What happens after that?

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Update! It's been a while, but somebody was interested in this and tracked down a bug that I think is the same one MarioSuperStar experienced. The project would crash if a map had an event with the "Player Touch" start condition. I've uploaded a new version, 3.2, for which this problem has been solved. Thank you Alsehr for the bug tracking.

Top Top

Chaosgod_Esper
  Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 am

I´ve a Problem with the MM3

It seems like the Tool is ignoring the "Always on Top" Flag of Events. All my AoT Events are hidden by tiles :/

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
That sounds about right. I never tested that flag as I haven't used it. It's been a while since I've looked at this project but I'll see about recognizing "Always on Top".

Top Top

Chaosgod_Esper
  Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Any news about a "bug" fix for the "always on Top" Events?

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
"Always on Top" events are now fixed. I also put in Selwyn's Resolution Change script so that the window can be larger. Simply download and reinstall the Map Image Maker from the first post in this topic.

Top Top