Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

levanan
  Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:14 am

to MarkDarkness,
thanks for your comments. I will try to improve its performance. Can you provide me some details about the script you need? I will try my best if I can make it^^

to DreadOmen,
I think that the value of $sensitivity_2[0] should be more than 150 in order to get significant increase of light circle radius.

Top Top

MarkDarkness
  Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:00 am

Thank you for the feedback, levanan! What I need is exactly what you provide, but with simplified math. Something like the image below, but a little more sophisticated:

*click to expand*

Do you think it's possible?

Top Top

TickTock
  Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Great script, but unfortunately too laggy to use. :/

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:05 am
I'm a doctor in Costa Rica.
Sponsor

Party Mascot

I'm very much interested in this script. I have to say it's one of the best lighting scripts I've seen for RPG Maker XP.

Top Top

Mimi Chan
  Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:29 am

OMG nice script O.O
I dunno how it got away with my script radar o.O

Just in time since I finished my lamp post *.*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW22dkv59yU if you are interested o.oa

Anyway, is there a script call syntax that lets me flick the event's light manually?
Since my lamp post light graphics flickers at a certain frame and I want to match the timing *.* (all light post have different flick interval)

Thankies *.*

Top Top

levanan
  Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:32 pm

thanks TickTock, medinastories and Mimi Chan for the comment.
Mimi Chan, you mean the lights flick at different time interval? if it is so I think it will be hard to do by this script as the script uses single time interval for all graphic updates. By the way why you wanna use different timing, I mean can it be something alternative?

Top Top

Mimi Chan
  Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 am

Since all my lamps flicker at different rates ^^; (would be bland and unrealistic if every light source flicker at the exact time)
No worries though ^^. I don't think I can use this system since I think it has incompatibility issue with the time system I am using (on the tinting part)

Top Top

levanan
  Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Oic, hoping you to use it someday lol
all the best to ur project!

Top Top

Batman
  Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:29 pm
Sponsor

I'd use this script but if I use this with any of the scripts I'm using for my game it lags the hell out of it! Hopefully another version comes out with a lot less lag.

Because he's the hero HBGames deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Top Top

levanan
  Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks swick for the comment.
Hv updated a less lag version of the script, plus applicable to moving events.

Top Top

TruthfulTiger
  Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi there, I have to say I love the idea of this script - the only thing stopping me is the CCTS since that also tints the screen. Although if it's possible, I'd love to be able to use this to turn on the lamps at night so you can see where you're going - could that be done? Like, disabling the screen tone the same way you can now turn off the light switch? Or can you already do that and I've missed it somewhere..?

Thanks for the great script BTW, if I can use it you'll certainly be credited :)

Top Top

levanan
  Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:20 am

Hi truthfultriger, sure the script can turns on or off the lamps but i am not sure about 'at night' u mentioned? Is the 'at night' is one of the effect created by another script?

Top Top

TruthfulTiger
  Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi :) Yeah, the CCTS stands for Complete Climate and Time System. It tints the screen with the changing hours, seasons and climates - including caves and deserts. Aaaaand, I've been having another play with the two scripts, and - look what I found in CCTS...

Expand to see the code.

Looks like my question's been answered ^_^ Although I did notice, the comments with the lamps seem to have stopped working since upgrading the script in the demo - are they now controlled differently?

Top Top

levanan
  Sat May 14, 2011 10:50 am

yup, they are now controlled by only the comments in the events themselves, instead of also another variable '$sensitivity' which control the universal lighting. However function wise they should perform the same, just that the lighting level have to adjusted again.

Top Top

$cHm0cK
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:13 am

Hey there,

I have some request and hope it can be realized!

Is it possible draw the Areas of Light (so the actual Form) for Events and Player through Graphic/Pictures (like circles etc.) instead of drawing them directly by the script? That would be very cool, i'm looking for such a functionality :).

greetz

Top Top

9robin3
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:28 pm
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
Sorry my virus protection says the second link FILE has a virus. What is this?

MY YOUTUBE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top

Taiine
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Is there away to change the color of the darkness tint? So if you want like a dark blue tint for night, or green for whatever you can? Rather than it just being black? Adding a screen color tone to a map just makes it even darker where you can't see squot.

Top Top

levanan
  Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:16 pm

$cHm0ck: hi thanks for the opinion! However the light effect by coding is the fundamental of this script which if replaced by pictures, some of the functions will be not available anymore. There are some scripts that exactly fulfill your request in the forums like Day/Night and Clear Lights with Clock;)

9robin3: the second link is the link for script demo download, do u manage to download the file?

Taiine: the function is currently not supported by this script, however it's possible to be modified if you wanted to do so;)

Top Top