[ Big| Medium| Small] -

ForeverZer0
  Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:41 am
ARC Developer
Sponsor

Blacksmith System Version: 2.0
By: ForeverZer0

Introduction

Will allow you to create a complete blacksmith system. The player will be able to forge equipment/items by using combinations of weapons, armors, and items in their possession. Also includes a "Enchantment" feature that will allow the player to use special items to add stats, elemental efficiencies, and state altering to weapons and armor. The extraction feature allows for the breaking down of current equipment and items into other ones.

Features
  • Completely configurable item requirements for every item.
  • Configurable blacksmith 'fees' for every weapon/armor/item
  • Can use as many different items, with different quantities for each piece of equipment.
  • Variable "skill" levels for Blacksmith shops, which lets you decide which features the Blacksmith can do.
  • Only have to use a single script call to for the Blacksmith's shop.
  • Can recycle old equipment by extracting items from weapons/armors

Screenshots

Forge Screen

Extract Screen

Enchant Screen

Demo

Demo Link

Script

Expand to see the code.

Instructions

Place script below Debug and above Main.
I have written a small application that can be used to make your configurations with a user-friendly GUI instead of typing out confusing arrays in the script. If you choose to download the application, you need not get anything else. All the scripts and the demo can be output from the application. Due to the increased file size and possible instability of embedding Ruby or IronRuby in the application to read your game's Marshaled .rxdata files, I left it out, but have included a one-time script to run in your game that will output a file to use with the program so that you need not copy your database into it. Here are the easy instructions:

• Open application and go to the "Miscellaneous" tab.
  • Click the button to for the BlacksmithCache script, and copy the text anywhere in your script editor.
  • Run the game once, a file will be output.
  • Drag and Drop the file onto the anvil in the bottom-right corner of the application and you are done.

The application requires Microsoft's .NET 2.0 Framework or higher to run. If you do not have it and cannot run the application, you can download it here.

Blacksmith Configuration 1.1  (1.05 MB)

Further instructions are within the script.

Compatibility

If you have a script that re-writes Window_Gold, it could cause graphical irregularities on the blacksmith screen.
Scripts that alter items in the database may cause issues, though not tested.

Credits and Thanks

RoseSkye, huge thanks for beta-testing and demo map

Author's Notes

Please report any bugs/issues so that they can be resolved. Enjoy!

Terms and Conditions

Creative Commons - Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
Content Hidden

Looking for a more powerful RMXP? Check out Image

My complete script list on Pastebin

Top Top

Chad Sexington
  Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:46 pm
www.uothief.com

Is there an easy way to remove the small window on the right (with the gold) and extend the "forge, extract, and ext" window to the length of the screen?

(Is there an easy way to remove the need for gold at all?)

I want to try and use this script for a playable character who is a blacksmith. Right now, I do all of the blacksmithing through events, but it really bad and clunky, having it done with text boxes and conditional branches.

The idea is that there are multiple Anvils & Forge found throughout the game. If you have the right materials and enough skill in Blacksmithing, she'll be able to forge something if you use her Blacksmithy skill from her skill menu.

I haven't tested the script out yet, but I'm looking through it and I'm trying to find which line describes how this works:

# - Variable "skill" levels for Blacksmith shops, which lets you decide
# which features the Blacksmith can do.

Right now, in my game, I have a variable which determines skill (0-1000). Depending on that skill, she can craft different weapons & armor. I'm trying to figure out if I can set it so 0-99 skill gives one set of items, 100-199 can add on even more items, and so on. If it can, it'll be perfect. (The variable I'm using for my game to represent Blacksmithing is 51.)

And like with the Battle Arena script, of course, credit will be given.

<3

Top Top

ForeverZer0
  Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:10 am
ARC Developer
Sponsor

Here's a quick mod that eliminates the gold window.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20787370/Temp/BlackSmithMod.txt

Replace Scene_Blacksmith with that, and simply do not define values for the gold configuration section, so everything will return 0 cost by default.

There isn't so much of a "skill" variable, but here's a little snippet that will enable such a feature:

Expand to see the code.

Just increment the game variable as needed throughout your game. Instead of the normal script call, us this:

Expand to see the code.

After setting up the config, this will call the blacksmith scene using the blacksmith's current level to determine the equipment. You can also use the above call and provide the "[CAN_FORGE?, CAN_EXTRACT?, CAN_ENCHANT?]" argument with it as well, like this:

Expand to see the code.

Top Top

Chad Sexington
  Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:52 pm
www.uothief.com

Ok so, I replaced the Scene_blacksmith at the end and inserted the Level_variable underneath the the blacksmith module and I got this:

(I didn't fill out anything else, so it should be blank.)

But I want to fill out the real estate where the gold field used to be.

Also a question about this part:

Expand to see the code.

Then "when 1" and "when 2" are referencing the variable value right? So if I want my skill to scale to 1000, I should fill out 1000 of those, yes?

Top Top

ForeverZer0
  Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:29 pm
ARC Developer
Sponsor

Yes, the "level" is the variable value. If you wanted for your blacksmith to have 1000 levels, then you would need to have 1000 "when" statements. If there is no change between levels, you can use syntax like this to combine them:

Expand to see the code.

I'm sorry, I did have it edited, but I only uploaded you the one part. You can make the change yourself by finding the "Window_BlacksmithCommand " class and changing the call to its super:

Expand to see the code.

Top Top