Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
    hanmac
  Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:22 pm

fill_rect is faster as set_pixel (for some reason)

ps: name your method negative! (because it change self)
and make a that dup a copy

Top Top

omegazion
  Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:05 pm

Something random, doing randomizing things.
Expand to see the code.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:29 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Shouldn't each be in the Array class, or at least each_with_index?   It behaves differently between different Enumerable classes (in Hash, each must yield two values, and each_with_index doesn't exist)

EDIT: I feel like sharing my personal modifications to Bitmap.draw_slant_bar. This gives the bar a pleasing gradient:

Expand to see the code.

Top Top

e
  Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:40 am
shittybutt

Until one of the mods update the first post, I've put the tree docs back online.

http://etheon.net/code/macl/

Enjoy.

Edit: thank lum for the quick update :)

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:23 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Hello all,

Sorry for being away so long. So many changes in my life just keep me from being as active as I once was.

I have noticed it is extremely hard to keep track of everything and submitting sections, classes, modules and methods can be kinda hard, and a pain for me to update. Therefore, I created a wiki just for the MACL. I must approve members before they can add and modify the wiki, but once you register (please register with your name here so I know who you are) and I will approve you. This way, I can check modifications of the last month in the wiki and update everything much easier. I have learned php/mySQL so I am also working on a system that will allow this to be done with a php script and allow updates to be all taken care of online, but it'll probably be another month before I complete it.

I am working on going through everything again and updating the MACL to 3.0 this week (as long as nothing comes up). I am going to be revamping a lot of things to try to make updates easier. Any suggestions would be great. I have went through the topic and added everything I have seen. I will probably modify some of the codes, but original authors will receive credit.

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

e
  Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:12 pm
shittybutt

Link to the Wiki? I'd be glad to help :)

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Wow, I completely forgot to post the link. Lol

http://maclonline.pbwiki.com/

I'll give you admin privs as soon as you join. Feel free to change anything, as I am semi-new to wiki.

Top Top

mephisto
  Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:22 pm

I have a little fix to the MACL, in RGSS Actor and party info part, arround the line 104, in the Game_Character refresh method puts:

Expand to see the code.

And refer to the original method, and the Logical display, must be:

Expand to see the code.

So, in the original method, when the actors are all dead, there are no graphic for the character.

Well, that.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:50 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I was looking through the thread and I saw myself write something about a Data module. Well, I wrote it better, using Dir:

Expand to see the code.

It would have been half as long if it weren't for $BTEST. It works though. You'll have, say, Data::System, Data::MapInfos, Data::Actors, Data::Scripts, Data::Map001, etc. All centralized. Not sure if having Scripts initialized is a good idea, but it's in there so it is. Another benefit of this is that if another "rxdata" file is added to the Data directory, it's automatically loaded.

Top Top

Zeriab
  Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:24 pm
Hugging Lion
Sponsor

It is an idea you have meustrus, but I don't like it since you load all of the map data into the memory. It can be a significant amount of data and you don't need it all at the same time. Note that it will not with encrypted projects since Dir for obvious reasons won't be able to give the filenames.
I like the idea of Data::System, Data::MapInfos and etc.
It doesn't really matter whether you have Data::Scripts or not since you have $RGSS_SCRIPTS. $RGSS_SCRIPTS contains both the compressed scripts and the raw scripts where as Data::Scripts will only have the compressed data.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Top Top

Cryaotic
  Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:36 pm
Amateur of all Trades

Hey I apologize if this is asking too much, but can someone put a mirror up for the MACL scripts?

The links on the wiki as well as this thread don't seem to work.

Thank you kindly!

Top Top

e
  Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:33 pm
shittybutt

On the first page: http://code.etheon.net/macl/scripts/macl_complete.txt

Top Top

Cryaotic
  Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:54 pm
Amateur of all Trades

etheon wrote:

Aah, the site must have been down for a few moments earlier it seems!

Thank you kindly.

Top Top

e
  Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:41 pm
shittybutt

It's my site, but it may have been? My host has bouts from time to time. I don't know...I'll check and see if anything went wrong.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I don't know what's up with Seph right now, but etheon.net is down again. I was going to mirror the MACL, but I can't get a good cached copy (Google has one but it gets cut off) and I've broken my copy up/deleted some things already (I'm actually looking for the Random class, if anybody's got it). I would speculate that the website goes down because of bad PHP or Javascript that taxes the server until the server suspends the account (at least, that's what seemed to happen to me).

Top Top

hanmac
  Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:34 am

http://rapidshare.com/files/215652725/macl_tree.rar << the macl tree

edit:

Expand to see the code.

this is better and has no Evial

Top Top

Raku
  Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:41 pm

A simple method for the Dir class to recursively perform mkdir if any parent directories do not exist.

Expand to see the code.

"The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Top Top

King Kadelfek
  Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:09 pm

Location: France ! France ! France ! ...yeah, your land is cool too, don't worry. :)
Does the Macl script have a licence ?
Can we use it in the games we want ? (crediting the authors)

Can we use it in commercial projects ? (crediting the authors too)

DreaMaker, the RPG Maker's successor compatible with RM2K, RM03 and RMXP

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:30 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

If this edits properly, I can't submit everything (roughly 1800 lines or so) so I posted it at pastebin and in a txt at mediafire since pastebin choked on it too o.O?

TONS of new stuff for...

Array
Game_Actor
Game_Actors
Game_Battler
Game_Enemy
Game_Party
Game_Troop
Game_Map
RPG::Cache
RPG::Item
RPG::Armor
RPG::Weapon
RPG::Skill

Enjoy :thumb:

I just read that you made a wiki for this. As soon as you approve me I'll be adding alot more stuff to the MACL.

Top Top

e
  Sat May 16, 2009 6:49 pm
shittybutt

I just switched hosts to a new VPS (which is still being set up), so the MACL docs are down right; if anyone wants to host them go ahead.

Top Top

iamnotknown
  Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:13 pm

um link is broken, thanks

Top Top

hanmac
  Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:13 pm

get ddl here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/215652725/macl_tree.rar << the macl tree

(i think it could on the first post)

Top Top

e
  Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 am
shittybutt

Fixed. Link is fixed and you guys will soon have a couple more tools.

Top Top

iamnotknown
  Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:13 pm

thanks =]

Top Top

Kain Nobel
  Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:17 pm
No Rest for the Wicked!

Notify me before you post an update of the MACL, I've got my own library of new stuff to submit but I'm just gonna wait 'til last minute so I can just submit it all.

EDIT: Speaking of which...

RGSS.BattleAction

...I just happened to develop this 'on accident' kind of when making my FFXII-ish Gambit system, it speeds up setting common methods for battlers and their actions (do_attack, do_skill, do_escape, do_wait, etc...)

I still need to add an escape method to Game_Actor class, because simply calling actor.do_escape won't hold any merit, only for enemies would that work. Basically, what I mean is methods which will make actors able to escape idependantly rather than all at once. I'll add that and update the script later this week if I have time, but everything else works.

Top Top

King Kadelfek
  Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:55 am

Location: France ! France ! France ! ...yeah, your land is cool too, don't worry. :)
Well, nobody answered my post. :(

Quote:
Does the Macl script have a licence ?
Can we use it in the games we want ? (crediting the authors)

Can we use it in commercial projects ? (crediting the authors too)

I'm using part of Macl in all of my projects :

If the authors don't agree, just tell me. ;)

Top Top

Zeriab
  Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:20 pm
Hugging Lion
Sponsor

I am afraid MACL does not have a license which contributors have to agree to, so it would be normal copyright rules for each part of MACL. Joint copyright where applicable.
The intention has definitely been to allow commercial use, but intention doesn't hold in court.

I give permission to use any part I have copyright for however you see fit and allow you to modify and distribute out however you like naturally without you being able to hold me accountable in any way.

*hugs*

Top Top

King Kadelfek
  Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:54 pm

I'm using only one function, so I don't really care about licence (I could delete this function).
But MACL have a very good purpose (prevent other scripters from "reinventing the wheel"), so I decided to include its Ruby part in my scripts.

If I'm not using MACL, people who are using my scripts could be interested by it. ;)

And thanks for your permission. :D

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:34 am
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I've made modifications to the Png_File class. It was using gigantic amounts of memory writing to two separate temporary files, reading back the entirety of those files, then writing them again to the final file. I have also used the Zlib::Deflate class more effectively as a stream rather than a single function, so that instead of caching the data to hoge.gz in method 0, it simply streams it into the deflater (using deflater << [...].pack("C*")). I did all of this because Bitmap#make_png was sometimes choking on large images, encountering a NoMemoryError at the point where make_bitmap_data0 reads from hoge.gz (and getting that error more frequently when using mode 1 instead).

Expand to see the code.

EDIT: I improved my modifications further, removing data = [] completely and streaming the color data directly into the deflater.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:48 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Here's a new function for the Bitmap class. plane_blt functions just like stretch_blt (where it calls blt instead if the width and height are the same on both dest_rect and src_rect) except that if it comes to the edge of the source bitmap, it wraps around. You could use this to, say, draw a fog to a very large bitmap, starting at any x,y offset. If bmp has dimensions 50x50, and src_rect = Rect.new(25, 25, 100, 200) then the bmp will tile over those dimensions, resulting in something like this:

Expand to see the code.

I made this function for the Map Image Maker to draw panoramas and fogs to the full size bitmap, as well as small 32x32 tiles offset the correct amount so that if you drew the tiles individually, then pieced them together, the plane bitmap continuously loops as if you had only called the function once (though of course calling the function many times instead of once is not optimal, but in this case only done when necessary)

Expand to see the code.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next