Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    SephirothSpawn
  Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:22 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Nice additions.

I am currently spending most of my time working on a re-write of the default scripts all together. Working on including most of our MACL/SDK elements, as well as a few tricks I have yet to even release. It will be easier for me to convert that back into the MACL once it is completed. I have a lot of scripts to go through (250+ project folders, and half of them have snippets I've been collecting over the years) so I hope to have lots and lots of things to go through to get all methods updated. Going to re-do some formatting on methods and such.

Still working on that php system I started long ago. Luckily my php/mySQL skills are at the level where I can complete this. Run down on system plans so far.

Login System (Required to submit or propose modification)
- Registered users can add methods to a class, submit a modification and note behind a modification to be approved by myself (and selected admin), or submit a new class or mod. All additions require approval. Any setup constants can be added as well.
- Validation and IP address tracking to avoid abuse.

Build your owm MACL!
- Choose what script elements to build your owm MACL file. A selectable list will be generated for each addition to the macl. You'll see something like this:

[ ] 1.0: Ruby Additions (Classes)
[ ] - 1.1: Object
[ ] -- 1.1.1 <method_name>
[ ] -- 1.1.2 <method_name>
[ ] -- 1.1.3 <method_name>
[ ] - 1.2: Module
[ ] -- 1.2.1 <method_name>
[ ] -- 1.2.2 <method_name>

Select your parts, press submit and a .txt and .rb file will be generated. The text file will be what is placed in the editor and include documentation (credits) and setup (constants) as well as the code to include the .rb file. Rb file will be built for all selected elements.

- Instead of parts (MACL::Loaded << 'Ruby.array.misc'), methods will be logged (or new class and modules). More work to check for script dependencies, but will cut down size of MACL file (of course, will leave easier methods for scripters to just require complete MACL or bigger parts).

With all this re-vamping, I plan to actually break away from the MACL altogether. Planning on renaming this project all together, and going back to a 1.0 version. Each method will have its own version as well, starting from 1.0. This will help keep track of the most updated version (as people like me have 5 versions of the same method lol). All updates will be tracked automatically. So when we (admins) approve modifications and additions, a log is generated and the project version number updates itself. 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc. It will updated to 1.1, 1.2 when I perform huge updates personally. This will allow users and scripters to track updates a lot easier than versions in the MACL.

I am up for a new project name here. Plan on breaking away for RMXP specifically and making this a Ruby project (Rails, Wx::Ruby, etc.). So for now, main sections stand at:

Ruby Library (Classes)
Ruby Library (Modules)
User Library (Classes)
User Library (Modules)
RGSS Library (RPG)
RGSS Library (Classes)
RGSS Library (Modules)
RGSS Library (Editor)
RGSS2 Library (RPG)
RGSS2 Library (Classes)
RGSS2 Library (Modules)
RGSS2 Library (Editor)

All up for a new project name, or any suggestions for the direction this is going. Main goal is to make this more open than just a RMXP project, and making updates happen at anytime. I don't want to overcomplicate things, but I am always up for change and evolution.

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

Brewmeister
  Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:29 am
Paste above Main

lv 99 Balance Wizard

Seph's Method And Class Kit

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

I don't want my name in it, as it is a community project, and with what I have planned, any co-admin will be able to update it without me (and you better believe I am electing you for one of those positions). I only want to get it going and after that, will be here for maintenance purposes.

And besides, just like Trickster you forgot Module lol

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

Brewmeister
  Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:41 pm
Paste above Main

lv 99 Balance Wizard

Yeh, that occured to me too. I was just looking for a cool acronym.

Where's it gonna live? OWAI?

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 pm
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

Yeah, I'll host it there (will get a .tk domain once we get a name), but will perform regular backups and give all admins access to download SQL tables so if my hosting ever goes down and someone else wants to host it, I can walk someone threw it.

SRL (Scripter's Ruby Library)

or we can step away from acroynms altogether. Whatever we decide, you'll be able to find it at:

www.name.tk

Already begun working on index page, GUI, pages and and SQL table layout. Depending on how long it takes me to help a friend move on my days off, I could have this up and running as soon as friday night. :biggrin:

Top Top

gerrtunk
  Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:43 pm

problem with underline and spiketrough

im calling this:
self.bitmap.font.underline = true
self.bitmap.draw_text(0, 0, needed_rect.width, needed_rect.height, "text")

Give me a error:
cant covert finxium into string

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6