Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 918 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
    f0tz!baerchen
  Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:29 pm

Hello Community!

Well.. I think most of you already tried some other "Pixelmovement Scripts" like me. But there were some things, I missed. For example all scripts only worked with the hero, but not with the events and although you could move Pixel by Pixel, it was not possible to move directly next to a wall, a flower, etc. (= you couldnt move on a tiles which was already used by another object).
Because of this, I got the idea to make a similar script myself, but with those new features.

This I got at the end:
*klick* (just klick on "Scripts")

For a change log please see the ReadMe File.. ;)

This script has many more features. For Example a Minimap, Caterpillars, Looping Maps, 8Dir Movement, More Frames, and many more things.. View the ReadMe file for detailed infos please.. (;

If you have problems with the script please take a look at the ReadMe file first. Many things are explained there.. Anyway.. the ReadMe will help you near everytime I think.. ^^

-f0tz!

PS: Im changing this post every time when there are additions to the script, so you dont have to read the whole topic!

[EDIT] The script is located at: http://www.rpg-palace.com/mewsterus/Pix ... nt-1.6.zip

Last edited by f0tz!baerchen on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Dirtie
  Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:41 am

Dude, you do not know how long I've been waiting for this.

I have been away from the RMXP community for a while now, and just today I decided I should catch up on what's going on. I found RMXP.net has died, and most people moved over here. I join up here (a shame about the hacking), and lo and behold, a pixel movement script that has every function I wanted, all implemented - exactly what I've been waiting for since the original pixel movement script was released.

A while back on RMXP.net I made a post wondering if someone would have enough ability to do this, with 8 direction movement, caterpillar, and biggest of all, custom tile passibility, all built in - and it seems that this has now been achieved. My hat goes off to you sir, and you have garnered my respect.

Just one suggestion. I notice you have implemented limited "sliding" functionality - that is, when you walk into a diagonal wall at the right angle the character will slide along it. I was just wondering if you could possibly extend this slightly, like around corners if you are close enough to the edge (much like the previous pixel movement scripts) and in various other situations.

Top Top

arev
  Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:09 am
The Replicator Block
Sponsor

hail f0tz! ^_^
this scripts is revolutionary! a breakthrough ;)

Top Top

Wings
  Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:39 am

I would like to just point out that in the isometric map, the trailing characters jump (hop while walking) when you move up left and up right.

~ Wings

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:33 pm

@Jirbytaylor: I'll send you the new version via eMail when its finished, ok?

@Dirtie: thx :)
you mean something like this thing?
it already works but only up to an 45° angle.. to make it possible for bigger angles will be quite difficult because you could also walk straight towards a wall then..

@Wings: I'll fix this ^^

-f0tz!

Top Top

Dirtie
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:55 am

Let's say there is nothing jutting out of the passibility map, its just a square. Now lets say you walked downward to the top left corner. If your character was a certain amount of pixels away from the corner they would slide left around it. Here's an image to illustrate a little better (if a little exaggerrated):
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/226/test2ek.gif[/img]
In this example I would be holding "down" the entire time, but of course my character would only slide if it was close enough to the corner. I hope you get my drift :P

Go play Chrono Trigger or something and try running into various walls - if you could implement that kind of functionality it would be awesome. If not, the script is great nonetheless.

Top Top

halfling2
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:45 am

*subscribes*
You rock!:)

Top Top

Taylor
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:36 am

I tried the text file. (I'd like the demo, so I can see examples of features.) But there a two problems:

1. If there are no members in the party, the game crashes.

2. You can walk over everything that isn't an event.

Top Top

arev
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:11 am
The Replicator Block
Sponsor

1 - have you tried turning the caterpillar off?
2 - do you have the passability map for the tileset? :>

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:08 pm

1. doesnt have anything to do with the caterpillar script, which works without party members.. there was a small problem with the event sizes when there is now hero.. but it'll be fixed in the new version.. ;)

for the second problem.. like arevulopapo said.. do you have a picture called [tileset-name] or [map-id] in the passability folder? but I think you'll see it in the demo (just wait a few days ^^)

@Dirtie: ok.. now I know what you mean.. (although its near the same like I thought before ^^)
I'll try to implement it.. quite a good idea..

@halfling2: thx :)

-f0tz!

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:30 pm

Well.. I think v1.0 is finished now..

take a look here to download it.. intructions for the new features you can find at the top of the script!

What new?
- compatibility with encrypted Projects
- possibility to change the Collision-Map folder
- New Method: "load_bitmap(bitmap)" (returns the loaded bitmap or nil if it doesnt exist)
- Rectangle Size for events
- Sprint Script
- Bugfix: turn_toward_hero, didn't work well
- Bugfix: hero freezed sometimes while a collision with an event
- better direction handling at walls
- Bugfix: Bushflag/TerrainID, etc. didn't work
- Bugfix: some glitches with the isometric feature
- fully working Pathfinding
- New passable? method for the Game_Character class(faster!)
- Anti Lag Script
- better Sliding

-f0tz!

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:23 am

o0.. I dont understand what you want exactly.. ^^
the collision maps can already work like tilesets and the char animation is working fine so there is no need to add things.. !??

-f0tz!

Top Top

Dirtie
  Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:40 pm

Excellent work dude, the sliding now works pretty much exactly how I had it in mind, well done.

Now there's only one thing left to do - test it with a certain one of my custom scripts.

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:06 pm

*klick*

I just made another small update.. ;)

I rebuilt the passable? method of the Game_Map class, its much faster now, so there is less lag and the pathfinding works now with about the double speed.. ^^

-f0tz!

Top Top

Wings
  Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:23 pm

Another problem...but it shouldn't be too hard to fix. The character slides upon collision with some objects (i.e. the bridge).

Example: (yay for ImageReady!)

56k Warning ...Large .gif image

Last edited by Wings on Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

arev
  Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:50 pm
The Replicator Block
Sponsor

and this "sliding thing" makes some events hard to activate sometime. also I've found a bug with pathfinding. when $isometric = true the patfinding crashes...
it seems to choose the same way as when $isometric = false, but due to different steps this route cannot be completed this way. also there are some strange player behaviours sometimes. I dont really think the pathfinding is finished, but it keeps getting better :)

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:15 pm

@Myonosken: thx :)

@Wings: I hope its easy.. I know why this happens and I already have an idea how to fix it, but Im not sure if it works.. ;)

@arevulopapo: I'll change the sliding so that the player doesnt slide anymore at an event..
you're right with the isometric and pathfinding.. I just forgot this aspact ^^
But except this the pathfinding itself is finished.. but sometimes it still makes some problems because I didnt want the route look like on a normal 32x32 Raster.. ;)

-f0tz!

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:29 pm

*klick*

thise bugs are fixed now..

@ChopSuey!: net yet, but I'm working on it ;)

-f0tz!

Top Top

Taylor
  Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:28 am

Thanks for the email. The demo works, but how do I get the pixel walls to work?
I created "ZPasability".
I tried creating a file both with the same filename and ID.
The file is only 2 colours.
The black is on non-passable areas.

But I can still walk over everything.

I've also discovered this strange problem.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7783/wtf7cq.png[/img]

I'm using events for trees. But when I move away from them, they move with me. (Settings- All boxes unticked, Action Button, no event functions.)
They disspear when another script runs. (e.g Crafting or the Menu)

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:17 am

you have to name the file either TILESETNAME OR MAPID (if its an png, jpg, or bmp doesnt matter)
Just look again into the demo..;)

for the event problem.. yeah.. this is really strange.. also because the problem doesnt appear at all at my project.. are you sure you dont use any other scripts? maybe its a problem of compatibility..

and because of the Skill Grid Script.. It seems like it doesnt start at all, when you do no call the map 'Sphere Grid'.. are you sure its the whole script?
and.. what does the script do at all? I just dont know what "Skill Grid" is ^^

-f0tz!

Last edited by f0tz!baerchen on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

arev
  Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:34 am
The Replicator Block
Sponsor

I also had this event-problem once. I tried to make a semi transparent doors with event, but I because of this I was forced to use panoramas :p
other scripts I've had at that time were CMS, CBS and HUD. I don't think they even used the same classes as Your script.

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:39 pm

@arevulopapo: Im sure they do somehow..

If someone has this problem again, please tell me exactly what you've done before it happened..

mh.. does anyone have a link of a minimap script? I dont know exactly, how it should look like at the end (ingame).. ;)

-f0tz!

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:13 am

yeah but this is only a passability map.. and because this script uses collision maps a passability minimap would look quite strange.. so I think a real minimap is better.. ;)

-f0tz!

Top Top

Dirtie
  Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:58 am

Quick question about the caterpillar system - could you maybe give and option to set a flag so the characters walking behind don't "merge" with the first character when you stop? ie. the instant your first guy stops, the characters following stop at the same time where they are.

Top Top

ChopSuey!
  Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:41 am

[QUOTE=f0tz!baerchen]
and because of the Skill Grid Script.. It seems like it doesnt start at all, when you do no call the map 'Sphere Grid'.. are you sure its the whole script?
and.. what does the script do at all? I just dont know what "Skill Grid" is ^^

-f0tz![/QUOTE]

Ok heres my skill grid and PM. If you delete the pixel movement, and then try to go to the skill grid, it works. Then add the script back in and it dont work.

>>>CLICKY<<<
Please only f0tz! click this unless ur helping. Thanks.

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:57 pm

ok.. with the sphere grid system was much easier than I thought.. you just have to change one method in the sphere grid script.. ^^
its the Check Range starting in line 899, just replace it with this one:
Expand to see the code.

(the problem why it didnt work was, that the range was equal to 1 before, but a range of 1 means only 2Px on the map, because of the pixelmovement script.. (normally 1 is a whole tile = 32Px)
now you only have to make a collision map and it'll work..
for the event sizes of those switches you cannot write a comment yet inside the event for the sizes, because the sphere grid script also uses comments.. ;)
but I'll change this in the update of the pixel script, so that you can also use the second comment in an event for the sizes.. (e.g. like this: )
Expand to see the code.

at the end I also found out that you have to turn the sprint switch of the pixel script to off while moving on the sphere grid, otherwise the game will crash if you try to spring on the sphere grid.. ^^

@Myonosken: of course this would be very easy, but it also would look very like.. THIS, which is a collision map for an inner map of my project.. looks quite strange, doesnt it?^^ So I think real minimaps are much better.. This is also no problem, but I dont know yet how it should look like at the end.. I think nobody needs a minimap which only shows an extract of 640x480Px of the map because you can already see this without a minimap.. ;)
anyone has an idea how to solve this?^^

@Dirtie: I'll add this.. ^^

so heres a small to do list again, of what I'll add the next days..
- Minimap
- New option for the caterpillar script: chars dont merge anymore ( for this I had to rebuild the complete Caterpillar Script..
- New option for the sprint script: you can only sprint for a special time and after this you have to wait some time
- Better handling of the event sizes (this is a thing which you wont feel at all, but it'll be easier for me.. ;) )

-f0tz!

Last edited by f0tz!baerchen on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

ChopSuey!
  Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:27 pm

Sweet it works now! Thanks so much. And for the sprint, how exactly do you turn it off.?

Also, is there a way to make a certain map not have pixel movement? Because i actually dont want the pixelmovement on in the skill grid.

Last edited by ChopSuey! on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:11 pm

*klick*

Whats new?
- New options for the sprint script: you can only sprint for a special time and after this you have to wait some time
- Better handling of the event sizes
- Improvement of the Caterpillar Script
- possibility to change the size of the player
To-Do list
- Minimap (will be done next)

@ChopSuey!: forget it with the sprint script.. in the version above you dont need to turn it off anymore..
you cannot turn off the pixelmovement script, sorry..
but if you add this line in line 2319 ff..
Expand to see the code.

..you only need to set $no_pixel=true and the player walks without pixelmovement (but you still need a collision map..)

I wont add this as a feature because this really only changes the movement of the player..

@Myonosken: I'll see, but first let me finish a general minimap, please.. ;)

btw.. I'll add option which let you change the corner where the minimap is shown, the size of the minimap, and the scale.. (+changing between minimap/collision minimap)
are there any other things I should add?

-f0tz!

Top Top

ChopSuey!
  Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:21 pm

[QUOTE=f0tz!baerchen]
@ChopSuey!: forget it with the sprint script.. in the version above you dont need to turn it off anymore..
you cannot turn off the pixelmovement script, sorry..
but if you add this line in line 2319 ff..
Expand to see the code.

..you only need to set $no_pixel=true and the player walks without pixelmovement (but you still need a collision map..)
[/QUOTE]

Can i change that in-game with an event?

Top Top

f0tz!baerchen
  Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:26 pm

the code you have to change in the script it self, but the "$no_pixel=true" you can put in any event you want using a script command..

-f0tz!

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 918 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next