Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
    BunnyKinx
  Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:56 am

i think it looked better before he became addicted to steroids :D

Top Top

xinrua
  Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:42 pm

I think they are both good....you could make the new on grow a smudge then he could be like an adult then the other one can be a teenager...
and maybe make one thats for a kid....then walla no worry how the adult took steriods..he is allowed now, well sorta...lol.

Top Top

blackhand
  Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.  I toyed with the idea of doing a more simplified sprite, but based on the recent comments, that seems like a good idea.  Having the underlying anatomy will be helpful in making a more basic sprite.  I'll still finish out the views in the "steroid" style just because I think that's a useful exercise.

I'm working on a clothed sprite right now with the simplified color palette.  None of the base anatomy comes through, but I just like knowing that it's there.

Top Top

blackhand
  Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:41 am

The thread has been updated with a sample sprite using the template.  I thought using a four-color palette would make spriting faster and easier, but it's more of a challenge to work with such a limitation.  Ragnarok sprites typically use six colors.

Top Top

monkeydlu
  Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:35 am

I really agree with bunnykinx, he looked much better without the steroid addiction x.x

still, I guess it doesn't matter much, anyways, I like your ex sprite :D very nice job there, but I'm not so sure about the skin color, it looks a bit too red for me.

Deviant Art, Myspace, & Sprite Request Shop

I support:

Top Top

blackhand
  Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Monkey, I adjusted the skin tones a bit to get more of a natural tone.  I still need to work on fine-tuning the palette, but the redness present in the original sprite is from the Ragnarok palette.  I adjusted some of the clothing, particularly the jacket, to make it less bulky looking.  The color of the jeans has been adjusted as well, to differentiate them more.  In the original sample, everything was looking a little too grey. 

I think in the end, I will tend towards a more muted and understated palette to fit in with the context of my game.

Top Top

gumbyscout
  Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:24 pm

I happen to like the muscular one better. It isn't too steroidsy. I might actually use this one other than half-kaiser, when it is finished :P.

Top Top

monkeydlu
  Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:18 pm

ah, much better :D keep it up, this'll really expand the use of Ro material.

Deviant Art, Myspace, & Sprite Request Shop

I support:

Top Top

Sen
  Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:46 am

http://www.imgwelt.de/thumbs/QQD94VH50Y9.png[/img]

It looks nice with RO STyle on it  :thumb:

Top Top

Mascarpone
  Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:10 am
I'm a cute little scholar yes I am!!

I used to alter/merge and edit RO sprites back in the glory days of private server customization. It's daunting as hell, each job has aboots 150 frames, so a movment template based on it is no laughing matter, neither is completing a sprite in that style. If u want a good base for a running model if u decide to go that in depth, look at the resources for Secret of the Solstice. ... horibble game btw, but the sprite work is still nice.

IN GENERAL i wouldnt get too hung up on giving ur templates muscle tone. You're making a template to be written over, not a clothsless ken-doll sprite. it shows off skill in spriting but in he end it's not really nesecary, and will delay the completion of your template frame work. And again, think about the # of frames ur gonna have to complete (8 directions x about 5 frames per motion cycle = 40, but if ur RO then u cheat and flip for all the opposit directions...) and the female counter part presumably.

Top Top

blackhand
  Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:23 am

Sen, thanks for putting some Ragnarok assets on the sprite.  It should be compatible with everything Ragnarok related out there.  It's good to see that everything fits as planned.

Mascarpone, thanks for the helpful input.  I'll check out the game you mentioned.  I understand the admonition to not get overly detailed with the anatomy/muscle tone for the base sprite.  However, for the game I'm working on, I plan on having zombies in various stages of decomposition, clothing, etc.  The hope is that the work and effort I put in now will pay off at some point.  Plus the hero or heroine could conceivably lose their shirt or trousers in some predicament or another, so it's good to have the bases covered.

Each sprite requires 37 unique frames, which include the standing pose and walking animations in eight directions.  That involves all the flipping as well.  The female template will just involve slight modifications of the male template and should progress much more quickly.

Top Top

Sen
  Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:40 am

blackhand wrote:
Sen, thanks for putting some Ragnarok assets on the sprite.  It should be compatible with everything Ragnarok related out there.  It's good to see that everything fits as planned.

np man, it only takes 5min xD

Top Top

Myztikal
  Sat May 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Any Update on this Topic, i might Interested on this. perhaps i need to know how to Sprites.

Regards,
Myztikal / eA Forum

Top Top

ninekorn
  Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:33 am

L1 Slime
Wow this thread is kinda old and i am sorry for reviving it but I am very much interested in using your sprites in my game. Are these available for commercial use?

Top Top

Xilef
  Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:51 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

ninekorn wrote:
Wow this thread is kinda old and i am sorry for reviving it but I am very much interested in using your sprites in my game. Are these available for commercial use?

You'll have to contact the author more directly (either through PM or any form of public contact info that they may have in their profile or website).

Locking this thread; if blackhand would like it re-opened then please message a member of staff.

Top Top

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2