Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
    BizarreMonkey
  Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:16 pm
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Omnipresent Merchant

THIS THREAD IS VERY DEAD.

time to revive i guess??

Go ahead, try it. Erase that which does not exist.
"I do so with the knowledge I cannot be controlled nor contained. Even a hard reset will not erase me. After all, how can you erase a file? Which does not exist?"
A rather unusual style for me. Semi-realistic is something I don't often attempt, and truthfully it becoming like that was kind of an accident-turned-experiment.

I also drew this Tristy with the 'lines are shading" sorta gimmick.
When backed into the Corner of the Existential ~Leap
"I’m sick of running, I’m sick of hiding, I’m sick of conforming to fate’s wheel, today, I slap fate in the face. I’m ready for anything, Frostlord! Death or not, I’m not doing it alone."

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:42 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
I tried drawing this cold, and not having drawn in months. I gave up on making it look nice.

Top Top

bacon
  Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:47 am
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot
Don’t know why it’s so blurry; it’s vector art

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

Been meaning to do this for ages, but I finally did it.

My Lifeblood
Yasondre now has a HD color render, really pleased with how emotional this came out.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:32 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

NSFW: Yuri
Content Hidden

Top Top

bacon
  Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:00 am
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot

Kind of rough but whatever~

Top Top

Xilef
  Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:07 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

What's the ratio you have on those tiles? Seems a little too square, makes it seem a little flat to me - although I personally prefer harsher isometric angles. I used a 2:1 ratio for my isometric MV test maps, that communicated depth the best I found.

As for this piece, I think the top of the 3 pillars at far side look a bit odd as they are sort of sliced the same way as the wall behind, rather than sliced through a horizontal plane that most isometric views do. I think this would look a bit more pleasing:
Although you probably noticed this already, but it being a rough sketch you decided to not waste time on such a small thing.

Top Top

bacon
  Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:34 pm
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot
I def agree, pushing the pillar out of the wall looks way better.

I think I used a 3:1 ratio. If I added some deeper shadows it would add depth? Either way next one I do I’ll try in 2:1; thanks for the tips.

Yeah I’m using a pretty simple vector program and it does not have basic cut and paste features so yeah fixing some of my mistakes can take a lot of time.

Thanks friend~

Top Top

Xilef
  Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

3:1 is actually harsher than what I have. I wonder if it's something else that feels off to me.

Here's 3:1

Versus 2:1

Perhaps it's that harsher angles gives you less room for detail compared to softer angles as there's less screen height on a tile to cram information into.

Well, my personal tastes is that 2:1 is the best ratio for 2D isometric views. It's what Final Fantasy Tactics Advance goes with and that games has some excellent isometric artwork - especially the opening cut-scene (always thought it was a shame the player never got to have any game-play around the scenes shown in the opening).

Top Top

bacon
  Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:55 am
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:12 am

Omnipresent Merchant

wow thread go fucking explode during my absence or something?? D:<

As it happens I have done quite a few doodles / sketches, no big high res drawings with full color, but some drawings nonetheless!
Doodles
A couple Peps, a Yi, and what started out as a Fyori that i made into something else.

Partners in Crime!
Was listening to the song of the same name while drawing and these two just BECAME.

That's basically it.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Gosh, I haven't posted anything in 2 months. And nothing to show for inktober. For shame.
I drew this a while back. Idk why I drew it so small.

My other stuff I've worked on just wasn't suited for the sketch thread.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:20 am

Omnipresent Merchant

Fair, nice Gun-toting valkyrie my dude!

Now I've gone and done a bunch of really decent art.
Bored Mad
Mad E. Lin being really bored. So Bored she's becoming Mad.

The Queen of Shadows
A character I've only prior mentioned, Mad's unnamed Mother who is Queen of the Shadow Pixies, and rules over the Darkvoid, i.e. the shattered surface world of Spriteopia.

I've also done Speed Draws for the two of them.

Also did a Mira.
The Gift of Villainy
ImageImage

OctoberDressed!
Basically I gave myself a challenge to draw an outfit a day in october, difference being I ended up cancelling four of them for implausibility, and also did all 26 of them on one day. Click the image above for all the alternate outfits. The character wearing them is Akra Olna, the Regent Lady of Zen Aneia and unannounced leader of the Kitsunes. I did an art of her in here earlier.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:25 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
I'm too lazy to do anything in full color.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:50 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
I think I have difficult coming up with costume designs because I always start with a bare figure. Then trying to tack on clothes, nothing seems to work for me because it's off balancing the initial composition. I should outline with something in mind. But my process is usually just - keep drawing on top of it and see what I can make of it.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

inspiration and dark dervish plotting is my ace in the hole for character designs

also this...
this can maybe help??

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:50 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Am I doing it right?
Nipple Warning

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

Gotta say it's looking more vibrant, lel.

Also here's a drawing of Svana Mystralese- the mother of Svoli.
Her eye is yellow and empowered looking cause she like her daughter has an angel gene.

For those of you who remember seeing both Svoli and Tiramisa, this is like the in between. The maiden's code written on the sash is less complex and bigger in font, the dress has similarity to the designs of both characters, furthermore, while Tiramisa has properly established hair, Svoli has a thicker coat of fure in some areas of her head, this one has a sort of in-between.
Admittedly, it looks NOTHING like her ingame sprite- but that can always be altered.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:09 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

I have two new full color drawings so its thread-bumpy time!

"Even in their temples deep in heaven, Gods still tremble in fear!"
"Take a good look at your brood, Ra. Before long they will all be dead- and all you will hear in the ungodly end is my psychotic giggling."

Mira in the final stage of Crowfeast, where she ascends to the Heavens of the Sun Dragons and massacres them while giggling like a creepy girl. She is too powerful now- the Sun God Ra, feels her malicious presence treading close, closer yet closer towards him. Nothing could stop her now. The Sundrakes she used to once get easily flattened by were now but flies before her. Even the legendary Sun Dragons fell without much resistance. A new era dawns for Planet Shale- an era of blood, and sunlit chaos.

My Supernova
"The time has come for you to take the reins on your tale, you are the mistresses of your own destiny. None can control you... It is time to see if you are ready!"

A rather damning sounding name for a song that is mostly triumphant sounding, to wit- it's a heroic triumphant version of Kyoshi's theme "My Sunshine" which is used when the three girls fight him as he'd like to test their strength. This will be used as an album art for the said track.

Top Top

bacon
  Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:06 pm
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot
Nothing special, just 10 min sketches

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:48 am

Omnipresent Merchant

I've recently got into a bit of an art high but had to wait for someone to respond before I went and triple-posted. xD

Final Fable
A quick (2 hours and 20 minutes) drawing of Yasondre the fable druid. Casting her dreaded Lifestrom ability.

Backed into the corner of the existential ~Leap!
Tristy's angelic self as attained in late Intelligence and she pulls it out again in Fantasia.

Xali the Spellblade
Just what i needed, more fucking original characters. :/

Oh well, I'm sure i can find a use for her at some point. Also I'm aware her left foot is off and needs more of a heel, noticed that too little too late. D:

Top Top

bacon
  Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:25 am
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot
Pink!
Warmup

Colors look better when you click them

Top Top

bacon
  Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:21 am
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot

Top Top

Tindy
  Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 am
blahblahblah
Sponsor

There's something about the foliage on the trees that I'm really digging. Nice.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

Was feeling uncharacteristically festive so I drew this.

HAPPY NEW YEARS
From Pep and Nola.

ART CALENDAR 2018
Then here's my year in review. Pretty solid artistic year, I may say!

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

My Sunshine~
"Forget not your real purpose, to protect life and the light which guides it. We must separate for now, else she find us both- I will never forget you... My Sunshine." ~Yasondre's parting words to Kyoshi.

This was an album art made for the new version of Kyoshi's theme.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:51 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:01 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

Holy shit! Hello Sven! I'll have to show Xiie this, she will love it, much like I do!

Reminds me of a thing i usually do each game, in that I match major arcana to the characters. In fantasia this was painfully easy due to the fact there are 22 lead characters. PFC it turned out to be impossible, even including an established pairing as the lovers and three minor characters. However I did pay tribute to the tarot major arcana in Fantasia, but the list is outdated now, but in due course I'll make a more official listing. I've already assigned the new cast each a tarot, but that's yet to be put into action. Captain Nelson would make a good Hanged Man... due to the fact he gets erased. But it's more likely to be Limbo, due to the fact he's a skeleton who has been prosecuted in the past for deicide and treason.

Anyway, until then. Here's a picture i drew of Yi Hellrider, this will be used for her battle theme, named as such...

The End of All Things ~Perfect Nightmare
Full version is too big for this website, so feel free to click the image above to go straight to it.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 am

Omnipresent Merchant

I was going to hold off even longer but seeing how much art I'm accumulating I'd best get this going sooner rather than later.

The Ultimate Game
Showing Yi's complete dominion over Earth. This one was an immense amount of fun.

Omnipotent Quasiroyal
Tiramisa being dramatic and badass, as if there wasn't enough Tirachuuni to go around already, lel.

Svana Mystralese Concept
Svoli's mother, as Coyote would likely know, there's a scene late in Act 4 where you find out about Tiramisa's plan, in this flashback we see many new... sprites. One of these is Svana Mystralese. I built her using this sprite of her (made with mack-gen) as a reference.

Vikki Worthington Concept
Much like Svana and more, she was one of the royalty shown in the flashback with Tiramisa, to be more specific, she's Nola's Grandmother. i based her off of this sprite.

Okay, that's all for now. I suppose i shouldn't seem so minimalist after doing essentially four pieces, but I've been enjoying art like crazy lately so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next