Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

TexanForLife
  Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:54 am

L1 Slime
Since this is my first post, I'd like to say hello to everyone to start. A lot of the sprites I have seen on this site are absolutely amazing, and that's why I am here. I am fairly new to the process of spriting, and I would like to get more skilled before I begin making assets for my game. I have a lot to learn (those jacked up claws are one glaring issue), so if anyone would care to critique my work, I would greatly appreciate it.

Top Top

AnnTenna
  Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:52 am
alien

Hello! Good, I like it. It must be a hunter. ^_^

If you need сritique- mustache and beard looks a bit strange. At first I thought it was the neck.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:38 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
I think the issue with the claws is that they're too small relative to the head. Either Bigger arms or smaller head. I definetly think the fur should drape over the shoulders more, but maybe you want to keep them separate pieces. You can exaggerate the shoulder pads more if you need to by going further out.

With shading and lighting, I try to achieve a roundness to the shape. On the bear-head and boots you've done some pillow shading which gives it depth from front to back, but it makes it flat from top to bottom. The top of the box catches more light than the sides. The top of the snout should be catching more light than it's sides. The top of the foot should technically catch more light than the front of the leg, but because it's closer to the ground it shouldn't be as bright as the head and shoulder area, I tried to illustrate this in the corner.

Top Top

TexanForLife
  Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:50 pm

L1 Slime
Ahh yes, I knew those boots were throwing it off for some reason. It didn't look as bad when I had that layer hidden but couldn't put my finger on what was causing it. Thank you both for your comments, now I'm off to try and fix this bugger.

Top Top