Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next
    Jason
  Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
So I finished Kingdom Hearts 2 on Sunday evening, and started my first playthrough of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep on Monday evening... decided I'm going to play it in chronological order, which is Terra > Ventus > Aqua.

Well, I actually finished my Terra playthrough last night, it literally only took me two evenings, AND I farmed 9,999 kills too to meet one of the requirements for the secret ending, which I'll unlock once I've finished Ventus' and Aqua's stories and picked up all the stickers during their runs, as well as the two secret reports that are in chests during Ventus' playthrough.

I've been playing Ventus' story for the last... just short of three hours, and I'm almost at the halfway point already, I even did a bit of grinding to help through the earlier parts of the game. I haven't played the game since it first came out on PSP, and I'm already further than I was then (I chose Ventus on PSP), but it felt a lot longer back then too... I guess it's because I spent a lot of time in the Mirage Arena and doing side content instead of focusing on the story, lol.

I've got all day tomorrow to play tomorrow too, so I could actually get his story out of the way and make a start on Aqua's... very fast progress for me, lol

Top Top

Hybrida
  Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:41 pm
••••••• Ultra Ego Maniac •••••••

Party Mascot

I'm playing Resident Evil 2 remake. Nice game. Way too many headshots required to kill a zombie with a pistol. Best not to kill every zombie you encounter.

I'm also playing Ace Combat 7. I'm currently on that mission with the Arsenal Bird. Hot chick with glasses trying to fire a large artillery cannon or something like that.

Both games features a Mr. X character. LOL.

Top Top

Hybrida
  Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:56 am

Party Mascot

I'm currently playing Quest 64 on an actual Nintendo 64. It's always a pleasure to dance with Queen Nepty. She's my favourite boss. (And who ever that red chick is in the long ass mine level. Her name is Shelf or something like that, LOL.)

Top Top

Jason
  Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:13 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Quest 64 is actually one of my favourite N64 games, no idea why it gets so much hate to be honest.

Since I've had no Internet (aside from mobile data) for three weeks, and won't for another two, I ended up finishing Ventus' and Aqua's stories on Birth By Sleep, then did the final and secret episodes... then I watched re:Coded to finish off the collection.

Rather than move onto the 2.8 collection I've taken a break from Kingdom Hearts and now I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn, and I must say... this game is PRETTY! I'm also going for the platinum trophy too since it seems very achievable and is bumping up my playtime, so far I'm at 45 hours and not finished the main story yet, lol. I also have the Frozen Wilds expansion, might dive right into it when I'm done...

Top Top

Dr. Funk
  Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:01 am
I AM THE RAP GAME

You're just playing Horizon Zero Dawn?!

And I thought you were a Playstation fan. I'm disappointed in you. That game is incredible. Probably one of my favorite video game stories in recent memory. Losing out only to God Of War and Spiderman (all PS4 exclusives, suck it Hybrida)

I don't know how far you are in the main story but MAN is it great. Frozen Wilds is a damn good DLC as well, it adds some of the best monstermachines in the game, as well as a better look at one of the less featured cultures, the Banuk.

I'm currently replaying Dead Space, which in my opinion is still one of the best horror game of all time. Picked up the first and second games on steam recently. The only downside to this is that I'm just getting even more pissed off that EA shut down Visceral Games.

Top Top

Jason
  Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:36 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
It always takes me a while to get round to playing games sometimes, like in this case, it takes years lol. It's all due to my massive backlog that I'm very slowly working through. Of course, I do have exceptions, for example last year I dropped everything to play both God of War and Spiderman day one, lol.

Although it also took me two years to finally play Uncharted 4, lol.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:18 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
I recently replayed vagrant story. My backlog is all steam games because I spend so much time on my computer I don't feel like playing games on it too. I wanna get away from it.
I still have mass effect 2 and 3 to finish. That was mostly due to not having a working ps3.

For steam, I have a couple tales of games, fairy fencer f, and last remnant. I refuse to buy any new games until I play those. I've had them over a year now.

Top Top

Nathaniel3W
  Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Inept Evil Stooge

In just the last few months, because of offers from Humble Bundle and Epic, I've picked up a lot of games for free: Super Meat Boy, Axiom Verge, Subnautica, What Remains of Edith Finch, Jackbox, Lego Hobbit, and Lego Lord of the Rings. I've only played Subnautica all the way through. I loved it. I've started some of the others. My kids like the Lego games, but because I don't normally let them play video games, they're not very good at it, and I have to tell them virtually everything needed to pass a level.

I don't remember the last time I actually purchased a video game.

Edit: Oh, also Braveland, Layers of Fear, Payday 2, Destiny 2, The Darkness 2, For Honor, and The Division. I'm pretty sure I got all of those for free too. It's a wonder anyone actually buys new games. I have such a backlog of free games that by the time I actually play any of those, the new games I want to play will be free or almost free.

I think the last games I actually purchased--sometime in the last two years--were Darkest Dungeon, FTL, Shadow of Mordor, and Alan Wake. I probably paid no more than a dollar or two for any of them.

Top Top

Xilef
  Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:22 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Finished Deus Ex Human Revolution. Had a rather shit ending, and the game certainly isn't as industry changing as the original Deus Ex (which I hold in slightly higher regard now that I've finish HR, still can't recommend it over HR to new comers though).

I think I do personally prefer the original game. When going through the original I was think "Christ this is boring, can't wait to play HR" but the original game felt way more open and respectful of the player's freedom to solve the levels in their own way. Had far more flexible dialogue (dialogue when killing characters in particular comes to mind).

The first game just seems more charming in general. HR is more streamlined and modern, removes the crap that bogged down the first game, but it lost the way you could project a hilarious personality onto your character. I did some crazy shit in Deus Ex and the NPCs would be shocked and JC would just say some tone-deaf dialogue to justify whatever choice I made and it was hilarious but made sure to respect my choices. HR lost that, Adam has too much writing put into him.

Top Top

Nathaniel3W
  Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:21 am

Inept Evil Stooge

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is on sale for $4.49 on Steam. Might be worth picking up if you're a Deus Ex fan.

I never played the original, but my friends loved it. I played the first iteration of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, before the Director's Cut. I thought it was a good game overall, but from what I hear the Director's Cut is much more open with how you can proceed through the game. I got the experience where the blood-soaked walking massacre cyborg build was the only viable build. See related: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2011 ... mprovement

Top Top

Xilef
  Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

I decided to play through the series (skipping invisible war - for now) because I was surprised to see I owned mankind divided without remembering buying it. It was the director's cut of HR I played through this time, it's much improved over the original version when it comes to boss fights (like, waaay improved), but not sure I'd be able to spot the other differences.

Oddly I feel the original game had slightly better boss fights. It was more on the player's terms, rather than being locked in a small arena.

Top Top

Hybrida
  Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:57 am

Party Mascot

I'm playing Mortal Kombat 2 today. Having a 90's moment. Remembering the good times, before SJW's and Snowflakes...

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:38 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Loaned my TV to my parents until they get a replacement. I hooked up my ps2 to an old TV and started a new game of ffx. I played it straight up to luca when auron joins.
Lol the game doesn't even go full steam till then.
Wish I could play it this weekend.

Top Top

Hybrida
  Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:43 am

Party Mascot

Lulu master race...

I'm playing Red Alert 2 today. A classic RTS game. My faction is standard Russia. I normally just battle multiple difficult AI's. 7 vs 1. I get my teeth kicked in, but it's so fun.

Top Top

benos
  Sun May 26, 2019 2:03 am
"I'm gonna have to take out the trash sooner or later".

Tales of Symphonia. I'm properly going to get the whole series by now.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Started making progress in Fairy Fencer F. Not sure how old my save file was but I hadn't been tempted to play it at all. It's weird because for a Compile Heart game, the game is kinda fun. It's got a good scene of character progression. I like how the game gives stat bonuses to characters depending on how you use them.
12 hours into the game and the story is finally getting interesting.

Top Top

Fayte
  Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:48 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
grandia 3 and I'm having a hell of a time. debating on playing 1 after I beat this to finish out the trilogy.

EDIT: the video game gods love me

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:45 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Grandia II is another RPG on Steam that I have yet to finish.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:39 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Finished Fairy Fencer F. The last boss felt pretty good. My experience with Idea Factory/Compile Heart games has made me anticipate a difficulty curve that spikes towards the end of the game, where the final boss is 20 levels over you and you're suppose to grind another 10 hours to get through what is otherwise the last 15 minutes of the game.
But surprisingly, that wasn't the case. The last boss hit hard, but it was manageable and didn't take long. Felt good knowing I was going to beat him on my first try.

Check that off my backlog.

Top Top

Fayte
  Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:54 am
Sponsor

Party Mascot
somehow got coerced into playing final fantasy 14 again. so I’m currently juggling Grandia 3 and Final Fantasy 14.

Top Top

Fayte
  Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:03 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
coyotecraft wrote:
Grandia II is another RPG on Steam that I have yet to finish.

I love, love, loved grandia 2! It was so good (at the time) and so much fun. Good story too.

Top Top

Xilef
  Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:43 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Very quickly rushing through Borderlands 1 on PC. Some dude gave me his OP sniper rifle as thanks for helping him achievement hunt and now I'm taking on missions that I'm super underleveled for. Another dude gave me insane legendary weapons (and many to sell) because he was trying to unlock a particular one from a random chest (made 2 million instantly from selling his spares). When I am high enough level to use these weapons I'll be insanely over powered.

Top Top

Fayte
  Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:16 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Xilef wrote:
Very quickly rushing through Borderlands 1 on PC. Some dude gave me his OP sniper rifle as thanks for helping him achievement hunt and now I'm taking on missions that I'm super underleveled for. Another dude gave me insane legendary weapons (and many to sell) because he was trying to unlock a particular one from a random chest (made 2 million instantly from selling his spares). When I am high enough level to use these weapons I'll be insanely over powered.

When news of borderlands 3 came out me and my brother ran through 1 and 2 and now we’re at the end of the DLC for borderlands 2 that connects the game to 3.

Top Top

Xilef
  Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:12 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Fayte wrote:
When news of borderlands 3 came out me and my brother ran through 1 and 2 and now we’re at the end of the DLC for borderlands 2 that connects the game to 3.

Yeah I'm running 1 solo with the idea of playing 2 with my friend (who has never played borderlands before).
EDIT: Borderlands 1 completed (15 hours).

Top Top

Nathaniel3W
  Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:39 am

Inept Evil Stooge

Did you finish Borderlands 1 with all the DLC? What character did you play? I'm pretty sure I played through as Roland.

I played Borderlands 2 as Salvador. He's supposed to be the highest DPS character by quite a margin, but I don't think I ever really mastered him. If I remember correctly, I wanted to play him with 4 pistols, with the swapping/reload/ammo skills so I just run around swapping guns and never stopping to reload or worrying about ammo. But I never got the hang of it and I was always running out of ammo, and I never could do the constant run-and-gun that I think Salvador is supposed to excel at. I probably would have played better as Axton.

Top Top

Xilef
  Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Played as Roland, I like the turret. I have all the DLC, but I just did the story missions - which was rather tough as I was severely under-levelled for majority of the missions.

Top Top

Fayte
  Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:55 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I played as Roland too and didn’t beat the DLC for 1 either. I played through Borderlands 2 as Axton he’s a funny dude.

Top Top

HiPoyion
  Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:48 pm
S Q U E E Z Y T R I G G E R
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Streaming Life is Strange 2. I absolutely love this game but because I'm limited to streaming it I have to wait to play it again!
It's such a good game and I really like these kinds of stories.

Top Top

Fayte
  Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:46 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I’m still splitting my time between FF14 and Lunar. I haven’t touched grandia 3 in some time because of 14. After I beat Lunar I’m gonna play Lunar 2 and see how that is.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:31 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
I spend the last couple nights working my way through Mass Effect 2. Moving on to number 3. (I had the Trilogy as a set)
ME2 was really buggy. Painfully slow loading times. I like the movement in ME3, running actually feels like I'm going faster and not just shaking the screen. I've only played to where I can start visiting other planets.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190  Next