Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7946 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265
    Jason
  Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:18 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
I never understood the point of gaming laptops considering they usually have absolutely terrible battery lives and overheat like shit, or at least that's what happened with the two people I know that owned gaming laptops... yeah, they went back to PC and just bought cheap little notebooks for out and about typing and browsing, lol.

Top Top

Xhukari
  Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:33 pm

Generic Townsperson
Yeah, heat is super problematic. I get about 2 hrs~ on the battery, and about 56-60°C. But if I'm plugged in it soars to like 65-80°C. But the lithium battery really doesn't like heat, so much so it expanded into some soft pudgy thing over the 2 years of use, and it somehow damaged my screen, breaking the colours. Was an expensive repair.

Plus it keeps having issues detecting the GPU anyway, so much so I have Device Manager on my Start-Up list, just so I can check it is detected... I moved over to laptops when I started University in 2012, and in 2016 or 2017 I got my first gaming laptop... If I didn't keep moving practically every year, I would totally be on a gaming rig instead.

Fun lil' update on my gaming issue... so Mirror's Edge Catalyst was throwing out some 'DXGI Error Device Removed' which usually is caused by a driver issue, so of course I've tried all those standard fixes, but to no avail. Though I have a Windows 10 license arriving today, so I can upgrade my PC and use Adobe Animate... I'm kinda hoping the clean, new install of an OS somehow fixes my issues...

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:43 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I've been without pop for about 2 weeks now. Somehow I managed not to get caffeine headaches or other withdrawl symptoms.
But they might have been masked by a cold that I had. Been getting lots of sleep. Lots of water.

Normally I'd feel like a zombie. But instead I just feel stretched. Which is normal this time of year. Everyone has events. And then surprised funerals.
Unfortunately I can finally say I know someone who had Covid and died. A distant relation. He was getting old and couldn't take care of himself. So his family put him in a nursing home. Which had Covid Cases, so it wasn't long after that he tested positive, developed respiratory problems and then passed away.

Top Top

Ellie
  Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:36 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Been self isolating for two weeks. Miserable. Now the country's tightening restrictions again. Miserable.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:40 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
The kittens that we were feeding are basically full grown now. The momma cat was pregnant, again, and got really big. She must have had them somewhere a few weeks back. We kind of figured she abandoned them and that she'd be tired of nursing all year.
But we were wrong. She's got like 5 or 6 under our porch now. Shit.
And the older kittens are attracting tom cats we've never seen before. We're trying to chase them away so they don't get pregnant. We'd get them fixed. But it's pretty expensive.

Everyone keeps saying we're in for a "hard" winter. What does that mean? Cold? Lots of snow? I dunno. Well, maybe this herd of cats can keep each other warm. Keep the vermin population down. I know they're catching mice and moles, so that's good.
We're adding coconut oil to their food, which supposedly kills fleas and parasites.
I'm telling myself we're preventing a plague by keeping a stock of healthy cats around.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:39 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Omg there's at least 8 new kittens.

Top Top

Jason
  Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:32 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
I keep saying I'm gonna' do more pixel art and stream more... maybe even stream while I do pixel art instead of games every now and then... but I can never be arsed, and it's starting to annoy me that I can never get myself in the mood to do either thing since it's not like I don't enjoy them... not a fucking clue.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:32 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I'm like that too when it's a hypothetical audience. Know what I mean? Like, if I wrote tutorials or made a video, I can reason that someone will read/watch it and have a sense of purpose. Same with other resources. I can reason someone might use it.
It's reasonable. But it's not a certainty. So instead of doing that, it's easier to make anything and everything else a priority. I could spend all afternoon word crafting. Or I could go outside and do 100 mindless chores that I'm certain I can get done.

It's weird to call it procrastination when the only one holding you to it is yourself. You don't have to perform. And you can probably find plenty of other interests to pursue.

I get wanting to accomplishing something. But I find that facing a challenge is more satisfying. Right? If you lower the bar too low it's not fun anymore. Only the problem with making accomplishment a challenge itself, is endlessly redefining it. Like this fangame I was making for Bizmonkey. I keep revising it and setting new goals for myself. Originally it was like a 3 page fanfic. I could have just published that and washed my hands of it. But then I thought, what if I wrote it as a visual novel? And then a few months go by, and then it's like - what if I added included this battle system?
And now it's become an intellectual scratching post. I don't want to go back to it's simple beginnings. But I also don't want to complete it because it's given me such much to think think about, continuing to think about it after it's finished would just lead to regret.
That's just my avoidant personality, I guess.

Top Top

Fayte
  Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:42 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
WE HAVE 40 TWITCH SUBS ON OUR CHANNEL OMGGGEEE..

Nah but really though the support has been insane and so freaking cool. I’ve never had a semi-successful twitch channel so I’m just liked geeking at every accomplishment. We’ve only got 119 followers though so we still have a lot of work to do as far as getting our channel out there.

Constant. Consistent. Content.

Top Top

Xhukari
  Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 pm

Generic Townsperson
Congrats Fayte!

If I spent as much time on game dev, as I do checking the forums, I would also have...
Constant. Consistent. Content.

Top Top

Fayte
  Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:21 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Thanks! The 3 C’s rule is literally the most important part to being successful at whatever endeavor you’re in!

Top Top

Fayte
  Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:10 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
updated by PC for the first time in 3 years and OH MY GOD. My PC now boots up in 7.4 seconds. I'm in actual literal love. New video card comes in tomorrow and I'll be able to rock the dual monitor set up. I AM SO EXCITE.

Top Top

Xilef
  Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:37 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Thanks for reporting the spam posts, made it a looooot easier for me to find them

Top Top

Ellie
  Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:23 am
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I really need to post here more :(

I tend to Discord more than Forum nowadays.

Top Top

Xhukari
  Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:19 pm

Generic Townsperson
Doooo eeeeeeet Ellie!

Got my own ideas I'm slowly working on. Nothing to show though; Dark Souls series is distracting me...

Top Top

Jason
  Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:47 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Just finished my affiliate stream on Twitch about an hour or so ago... still shaking from it, so overwhelmed with how well it went!

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:23 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I should do something for Halloween

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:58 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Been running windows updates all day. It freak'n changed the theme to a light grey.
DON'T. DO. THAT.
That's what old internet viruses used to do. Its triggering.

Top Top

Nathaniel3W
  Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Inept Evil Stooge

Coyote, maybe for Halloween you could change someone's theme to light grey.

Jason, congrats!

Xilef, you're welcome.

Fayte, I'm using a computer that I think is about 10 years old. I hope to join you in the 21st century soon.

Ellie, I hope we see you around more. You still building your isometric MMO?

Top Top

Fayte
  Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:46 pm
Sponsor

Party Mascot
@Jason: congrats!! happy for you!

@Nate: well it’s good to know that they can run just fine for that long lol. I’m in absolute love with my setup. I found out my brothers computer only have 2x sticks of 4gb ram so I’m going to get 2x 16gb and give him my 2x 8gb. And then I’ll be happy with my machine (although I would LOVE a new motherboard and processor)

Top Top

Jason
  Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:04 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Cheers guys, surprised I managed to become so "successful" so quick lol

Top Top

Jason
  Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:14 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Made enough money from my last stream to buy myself a decent mic and webcam though, so that's great... or more than halfway to a PS5 lol, think I'd better go with mic and webcam as much as I'd love to get a PS5 asap, better stream quality will bring more people I reckon.

Top Top

Ellie
  Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:38 am
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Hmm, the spam trap works! Hurrah!

Currently doing the RuneScape Hallowe'en events to muster up some inspiration to gammak.

Top Top

Jason
  Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:34 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Just done a follow-up stream and even though my numbers weren't as high as my affiliate stream, they're still much higher than anything I'd previously had, also made quite a bit off bits and donations, got some new followers too... a few more like this and I'll be having that mic, webcam (Picked both out, just need to order them) AND a PS5 too! feelsgoodman

Top Top

Jason
  Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:35 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Ellie wrote:
Hmm, the spam trap works! Hurrah!

Currently doing the RuneScape Hallowe'en events to muster up some inspiration to gammak.

What's this year's event? I've not actually done a Halloween event in about 2-3 years now, lol

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:39 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
My niece and nephew have braces so I get all their halloween candy.
Mwhahahahahaha!
Edit: bleh. none of it is any good.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7946 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265