Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Venetia
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:03 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Something big is in the works!

WHAT? :O

The forum has been around for a long time now, as RMXP.NET, RMXP.ORG, and as our current iteration, HBGAMES.ORG.

We've always (well--99% of the time) been around to let you guys do your thang, whatever that may be: programming, art, music, general silliness -- whatever.

Originally, we were all about Enterbrain stuff. But that's about to change.

CHANGE?

The big change will be announced shortly, along with a big fat contest for everyone to get all antsy about!

WOO!

Darn right, woo!

SO WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE IT AWESOME??

Putting it bluntly ... Money!
Most of the staff are kicking in whatever they can. I myself am going to be pledging $150 (and for every $100 we raise, I'll kick in $50 more ... up to $400).

Donate today!

Support the site that's always loved ya -- that some of you GREW UP WITH, and we're going to be giving the money straight back, in prizes for this upcoming contest.

As it stands, we have already raised a good bit of cash on our end: it's up to you guys to sweeten the pot even more.

If you donate atleast $20 for this event, we will put you down as having "special thanks" in the announcement you see on the forum index.

Donate atleast $50 for this event, and we'll make you a new member category: "Awesome Bro". It has all the same perks as a Sponsor, except its nameplate color is different, and you shall be known henceforth as being an Awesome Bro.

Don't give 'til it hurts--because we'd never want to hurt you.

Just give enough to feel good about yourself. Because we are ALL about making you feel goooooood.

Remember who loves ya.

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:18 pm
I'm a doctor in Costa Rica.
Sponsor

Party Mascot

Jesus Christ? Is this for real? I'm in.

Top Top

Venetia
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:33 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Super for real. And I am serious about the $50 per $100 thing -- I will hook on the street to earn the money to make that happen, if you guys make it happen.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:33 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
When was the last official forum contest anyways? its been a while hasn't it?

Top Top

Venetia
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:35 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

CONTEST contest, with prizes, yeah, it's been a bit. We've been discussing possibilities of what we want to do next for a while.

This could be big, and it will probably be quite fun, and the requirements for entering are going to be simple as hell, and there are going to be a lot of potential winners, so we wanna make the payout as big as possible for it.

Top Top

Mega Flare
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:39 pm
What is your weapon of choice,
What's your weapon of choice
There is no weapon to free us all
Awesome Bro

so ven if i win lets say the lottery tomorrow and donate 1 million you will donate 500k? if so guess time for me to start buying lotto tickets

Top Top

Eventing_Guy
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:42 pm
Awesome Bro

I hope it won't be a contest were a little guy like me, with a little bit of talent here and there, is completly over-shadowed by experts in what is to come.

Maybe add little perks to people who donate...?

Top Top

Venetia
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:53 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Mega Flare wrote:
so ven if i win lets say the lottery tomorrow and donate 1 million you will donate 500k? if so guess time for me to start buying lotto tickets

Well that certainly would be a lot of hookin' I'd have to do.

It'd take me many years to manage it, but I would definitely give it the ol' college try.

Eventing_Guy wrote:
I hope it won't be a contest were a little guy like me, with a little bit of talent here and there, is completly over-shadowed by experts in what is to come.

Definitely not. There will be lots of prizes available. We're hoping to have enough money to offer a prize to every single person/team who submits anything for it.
It should be easy enough for ANYONE--even total noobs in nearly everything--to participate in.

We won't be able to play favorites for everyone who donates, but if you donate atleast $15 and are not a sponsor, you will become a sponsor :)

If you donate atleast $20 for this event, we will put you down as having "special thanks" in the announcement you see on the forum index.

Donate atleast $50 for this event, and we'll make you a new member category: "Awesome Bro". It has all the same perks as a Sponsor, except its nameplate color is different, and you shall be known henceforth as being an Awesome Bro.

Top Top

Eventing_Guy
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:00 pm
Awesome Bro

Awesome Bro... LOL

----------------------------------------------------
Well I just put in 20$ :wink:

............ am I a sponsor yet?

............ I don't feel all that...?!

(What! Eventing_Guy's member status is evolving!)
----------------------------------------------------

Top Top

dadevvtsvre
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:03 pm
consul for life
Sponsor

Man. I'm really excited about this. And I hardly get excited about anything. Can't wait for this contest to get going. Hell, I haven't touched RPG Maker in years, and I'm even thinking about grtting in on this.

Top Top

Glitchfinder
  Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:18 pm
BEWARE: Glitchfinder's sense of humor sucks.
Staff

Party Mascot

So, yeah. I just donated $50. I HOPE the new name color is blue or something. (Variations of blue and turquoise being my favorite colors) Oddly enough, I am willing to donate more to a site I grew up with, for no real returns, than I am willing to pay for most video games, even if they're amazing.

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:00 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Uh oh. I donated. Every thing I touch is doomed to fail. Its the reverse Midas touch. I've shown too much love for this site and now, like all my favorite TV shows, its going to disappear. I threw my money at Square-Enix and look what happened to the final fantasy series. Its all my fault. :cry:

Top Top

Jason
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:36 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
I have a little bit of money spare... so I'll most likely donate to become a sponsor, I mean I probably owe it to you guys since I've been a member here for over 5 years, and before that was a lurker for 2 years...

Top Top

Jason
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:45 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
There we go, just sent $15 your way, I'd have paid $20 but I didn't want to break into a tenner, lol, but meh, every little helps, right?

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:50 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Jason wrote:
I have a little bit of money spare... so I'll most likely donate to become a sponsor, I mean I probably owe it to you guys since I've been a member here for over 5 years, and before that was a lurker for 2 years...

What the- you can't be a sponsor! You're the highest posting person ever not to be one! It isn't right! :kiss:

Ven, how's the wallet feeling? :thumb:

Top Top

Jason
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:54 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Oh god you're actually right... fuck what do I do?!

Top Top

Jason
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:57 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
I've got almost three times as many posts as the next member down (that isn't banned), I'm going to lose that privilege D:

Top Top

Venetia
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:07 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Being made aware that I shall soon be bankrupted has never been so exciting!

Let us verify all the paypal xfers and we'll set ya'll up with your member statuses.

Top Top

Venetia
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:29 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

And so Glitchfinder becomes the forum's first Awesome Bro.

Congrats are in order.

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
That's awesome, bro. And now Jason is in the Wolves colours. Also awesome.

Top Top

Eventing_Guy
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 pm
Awesome Bro

--------------------
Cayotecraft: ?????

Jason: 15$

Eventing_Guy: 20$

GlitchFinder: 50$
--------------------

Looks like Venetia needs to cough up another 50$ now... :wink:

--------------------
(on a side note can I be in minecraft server?)

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:06 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Even though I hardly post anymore, I'm still really happy for this site. It's come a long way. ^^

Again, thanks for being awesome and helping me find Star. :D

I have some money, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to donate it since it doesn't come from a real job. I'll have to see. Maybe I'll do it as thanks. :3

Top Top

zeus81
  Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 am
prout

I can't donate to someone I've never seen. ;p

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
zeus81 wrote:

Not like its going into anyone's pocket. Last I heard there isn't a site owner anymore, just the admins. They probably use the hbgames paypal account to handle hosting and server expense and whatnot.

Top Top

Daxis
  Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:07 am
The arrow lives frugally.

I have about 8 bucks or so in my account. Honeslty I think I'll just give 4 or 5 bucks just to say I contributed something for once.

"RPG ideation"

Top Top

Glitchfinder
  Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:25 am
BEWARE: Glitchfinder's sense of humor sucks.
Staff

Party Mascot

coyotecraft wrote:
zeus81 wrote:

Not like its going into anyone's pocket. Last I heard there isn't a site owner anymore, just the admins. They probably use the hbgames paypal account to handle hosting and server expense and whatnot.

Last I heard, they were losing money on this site and the only reason it was still online was because they couldn't just let it go.

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

Mega Flare
  Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:47 am
What is your weapon of choice,
What's your weapon of choice
There is no weapon to free us all
Awesome Bro

well i felt like being nice. i just donated $51.17 CAD IE 50bucks USA... so i can be awesome bro now?

Top Top

Toams
  Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:13 pm
THAT foreigner
Sponsor

Glitchfinder wrote:
Last I heard, they were losing money on this site and the only reason it was still online was because they couldn't just let it go.
Yeah we get donations from time to time but at some point that wasn't enough to pay for hosting etc.

Also
zeus81 wrote:
Venetia wrote:
we're going to be giving the money straight back, in prizes for this upcoming contest.

Top Top

Toams
  Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm
THAT foreigner
Sponsor

Holy shit this is going to be huge indeed ;D

Top Top

Venetia
  Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:00 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

coyotecraft wrote:

Yeah the ONLY money we get for hosting costs comes from donations. At one point in our history we were in dire straits b/c no one was donating -at all-. But nowadays we generally can keep enough in the account for a few months' worth of hosting.

If we ever get surpluses (rare), we give it out in the form of contests. It's happened a few times before (the last "big" contest saw about $300 in giveaways).

The PayPal acct access is extremely limited and well maintained. None of us have ever dipped into it and never will--and anyway, it's never enough to even be a temptation, haha.

But if anyone chooses not to donate, that is perfectly understandable. I'm not trying to pressure anyone. Just trying to make sure this contest is as big as it can be :D

Top Top