Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    valkyriegames
  Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:28 pm
Awesome Bro

rosareven wrote:
Some of you may be aware that I won a standard Construct 2 license at the Construct 2 Reddit give-away. I'm still waiting for an email regarding my license, but if transferable, I will give it to the 13th place contestant.

Wow rosareven, that's really generous of you! I'm sure someone will really be appreciating this!

rosareven wrote:
I feel that the 13th place deserves the engine more than me who bailed out the contest.

Don't say that, I'm sure things got hectic for you. You'll be able to do more once you have more time again!

Edit: You will continue working on Crypt of Vidae won't you?

Content Hidden

Content Hidden

Last edited by valkyriegames on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Venetia
  Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:34 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

Once you give them your email address, the license is non-transferable, AFAIK.

The license itself is linked to your email address.

A few people have already mentioned that they'll be donating their licenses to runners-up, should they win, though, so I don't think you need to worry too much about it <3

If I could afford it, I'd buy every participant a license who wanted one.

Top Top

Eventing_Guy
  Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:26 pm
Awesome Bro

Like me... Even if I Win 1st - 3rd Im giving my Licence to a runner up.

(But keeping the money mind you ) :tongue:

Top Top

rosareven
  Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:35 pm
House Vidae
Sponsor

Hey Venetia, Tom just got back to me on Reddit saying that there's going to be a slight delay on giving out the license from the Reddit contest, but that also means they haven't linked my email to a license yet and he can give the license to someone else instead. I've told him that I would like to give it to the 13th place of this contest.

Top Top

01lifeleft
  Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:00 am
Maya researching...

No, rosareven, you WIN the prize, you deserve it!

Top Top

Venetia
  Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:21 am
venerable inertia
Staff

Yeah I kind of agree here; you wanted the license, and you DID work on the contest. I would personally recommend that you keep your license for yourself, so you can put it to good use :).

If you feel like giving back, hold onto a couple of bucks, and donate a little when the next contest comes around, so we can increase the prize winnings. You don't have to do that either, but it's a suggestion :D

Don't feel bad about winning something, even if you didn't exert a whole lot of effort to get it. The cases where these types of things happen are rare in life, and you should be happy for the few times they happen :D

Top Top

joannesalfa
  Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:25 am

rosareven wrote:
Hey Venetia, Tom just got back to me on Reddit saying that there's going to be a slight delay on giving out the license from the Reddit contest, but that also means they haven't linked my email to a license yet and he can give the license to someone else instead. I've told him that I would like to give it to the 13th place of this contest.

Why? you shouldn't to lose your license what you get this reward if you keep developing C2 games for all releases what you can get money. It's worth you save this license.

Top Top

BlueScope
  Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:05 am
The Third Man

@rosareven: The thing here is, you want to give the license away because you think an actual entrant deserves it more. Now what's that certain entrant going to think when he got a license even though he wasn't supposed to by the contest rules - give it away? And to who, another one who will give it away again? ^^
Keep it! :thumb:

And I'm saying he because with my luck, it's probably me ending up in 13th XD

If you have a slightly positive memory of my Power Shift contest game,
you might be interested in this development screenshot...
More info about that soon!

Top Top

rosareven
  Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:13 am
House Vidae
Sponsor

Awww you guys, you're really not giving me an excuse to slack off a better, beyond-free-version-limit update of my game XD

While feeling bad for getting the license without completing my entry was my main reason to give the license away, being an intermediate programmer also allows me opportunities to try what Glitch did with his entry - coding plugins that massively save the number of events used.

But if you all really insist me to keep it... well... I'll just have to make better games for you guys :blush:

Top Top

valkyriegames
  Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 am
Awesome Bro

Haha, well then you should definitely keep the license and make something great! We'll all certainly enjoy it! :)

Content Hidden

Content Hidden

Top Top

rosareven
  Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:22 am
House Vidae
Sponsor

@valkyriegames: just saw your edit on your earlier reply. Yes, Crypt of Vidae is to be continued even if I do give my full license away. I already have ambitious plans to revamp it, now that I'm not bound by the time limit of a contest.

Top Top

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8