Staff

Download: PNG - PDF

No downloads required for newer issues!

Top Top

Amy
  Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:59 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Not sure what to say really, even the date is wrong.

Top Top

Xilef
  Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:33 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

It was okay. I think we had more discussion in the past month than showcasing

Top Top

95enthusiast
  Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:35 pm

L1 Slime
Cheers for the mention.

Top Top

Amy
  Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:36 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I was going to make a better one but I've screwed up my timetable for the next two weeks. Stocktake. Don't have any days off...

Top Top

Injury
  Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:00 am
Ṱ̻̘o҉̸̴̮̬͉o̹̬̰ M̠͍͍͡a̧̺ǹ͍̝y̢̞̮̯ C̳͚͇̻̬͝o̴̡̲̼͕ͅo̶̢̧̠̫̹̳̬̣̭k̶̻̫̯s̴̰͖̭̟̱̯̀͜

Generic Townsperson
*blushy*

I like the article on decryption, breaking into a game and stealing assets. It takes a lot to make a game, and to see something stolen away with no credits is the real crime.

It's byfar, my favorite tatoo, next the blue ones.

Top Top

95enthusiast
  Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:36 pm

L1 Slime
Would you mind if I gave this a thorough review?

Top Top

Amy
  Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:38 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Sure, go ahead.

Top Top

valkyriegames
  Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:03 am
Awesome Bro

It's been so long since I've been back here, and I just realised HBGames now has an e-zine! It's great to read. Will there be any new issues coming out? :)

Content Hidden

Content Hidden

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:28 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Haven't done one in about a year unfortunately, I've been too busy, but I'd be happy to work on another if others were interested.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:16 pm
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Omnipresent Merchant

The only thing I could really suggest is some coverage of the CCC, we recently had our two year anniversary and we're starting to finally make a name for ourselves.

There's 16 of us who are in the corporation, however in total there's more since some enjoy the social aspect and don't wanna lock themselves into a commitment.

I seem to recall us talking on skype, so in the scenario you haven't blocked me and still boot it up you can talk to me about this idea.

We've released two games recently, M:R (Menagerie: Remastered) in December and P:A (Perseverance: Adherence) in March for 3/14.

Top Top

Jason
  Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:34 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
... But what does that have to do with HBGames?

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:01 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

Sorry for the late response, had a lot on my plate recently.

I've come to the realization that this is quite different to what i thought originally, there's a similar style of Magazine Amy also seems to help out with called Advanced RPG Maker or something.

Sorry to waste time with my suggestion, well me and Melanii have been doing sketches neck to neck on the sketch thread, maybe we could do something with that? Melanii's way more talented with anatomy than I am, though.

Looking through some of these I see I'm actually mentioned occasionally and haven't even known till now, that's cool.

Issue 15 particularly caught my eye with the whole page (#7) about multimedia fusion contest with Menagerie as the support images.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Yeah, we have. XD You show yours more often, though. My anatomy still isn't that great.

There are some hidden projects going on around here... Like Peri's 3D modelling, my recent art, the screenshot thread, etc. I wish we were a bit more open. ;_;

Top Top

Jason
  Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:51 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
The main problem being nobody seems to be working on games anymore :wink:

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:55 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

I'd offer you all a formal invite to RPGarden, since this place is dying slowly but surely, and we're pretty new, with a congregation we could easily create quite a spark.

But up to you guys.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:06 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Link?

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:53 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
It's probably about time we had an issue 23 anyway tbh.

Trouble is beyond one or two submissions it's usually just me doing it and I'm not a very interesting person.

Always happy to take submissions even if they're just thinly veiled self-promotion.

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:23 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
By submission I mean just literally throw some text or ideas at me and I'll splice it in btw. No formalities needed.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

The IGMC will start again sometime this year. Maybe it will be interesting to mention it.

Also, perhaps I'll think of something when dealing with working in a team or doing things about the wrong way. o.o

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

oh right, wow i musta been tired last night

Amy already knows but here's rpgarden: http://www.rpgarden.com/index.php

Princess Amy wrote:
Always happy to take submissions even if they're just thinly veiled self-promotion.
Well if you wanna take me up on the offer I made earlier about the CCC and our advances which is indeed thinly-veiled self promotion I'm more than happy to provide any details you need.

There's a lot of information here: http://crazychimpcollective.blogspot.com.au/

Not only about as a company and our standpoints but also our past struggles with rivals, which somehow despite being small and often severely outnumbered by our competitors we always make more of a win out of than a loss.

It says something when a man and his 15 betters make a game that trumps all of the efforts of the dweebs at RMwebs despite the vast size difference, and for the inspiration, they certainly had me geared to show them up.

Ever since RMwebs was I haven't seen eye to eye with them, and they've done nothing to help that tension, quite the opposite rather.

Difference is between them and i is that I'm cunning and they're not, I'm also not watching my life circle a corporate toilet which probably has more to do with it than intelligence.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:02 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I'd love to see the CCC blog edited into article form. You're a pretty crazy chap Chimp.

Amy you should put that erotic Clippy fic in the zine. Or don't if it's actually serious. I've seen enough of The Worst Things For Sale blog to know that sort of thing can be serious no matter how much one thinks it looks like a joke. And apologies if I'm trampling on your annoying animatronic paperclip fetish. I suppose the thing DOES have a pretty long dong. I mean that's basically its whole shape. I just hope the end gets rounded off or something first.

Wow. OK well I'd offer something self-promoting but I'm sure nobody cares about me. I'm definitely more boring than you Amy. Unless people really, really want a side-view ship tileset matching TheInquisitor's sets which I could finish up and release in a matter of a couple of months. But I'm much more excited about Dargor's continuing work on the FF6 SDK. And we should totally have a feature on Xilef's OpenGL work in RPG Maker. I know that back in RMXP's heyday that would have been the biggest deal ever and all the scripting greats would have been all over it. Too bad nowadays I'm stuck wondering if it's even worth it using that to build a lag-free updated Mode7 script. I know I could but would anybody care?

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:09 pm

Omnipresent Merchant

Is Dargor even still around?

Also wondered if you were from here, or the RPG_Palace as it were.

We should call for a Union between these smaller communities, and merge as one, I think that will be a good way to not only boast the very new RPGarden the purpose of which is very expressional (we're changing name, place your ideas!) Under one banner I think we could do amazing things. We already are! But we are so spread out, if we all moved and congregated our submissions and stuff to one site, and called it home, I think it'd be a more glorious shadow than this, whatever this is.

However, it'll be up to the leaders of each to discuss the realness of all that, I'm merely the impetus shifting between the voids, hoping to merge them into something more.

Top Top

Jason
  Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:13 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Considering his last post was on Friday, and his last visit here was yesterday, I'd say he's still around... haven't you checked out his FFVI SDK thread? o.O

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:26 am

Omnipresent Merchant

I did once back in the day, apologies, seems I'm mistaken.

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:14 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
OK. I'm Putin together a quick one and then we can work from there.

I could do with something for the frontpage though, I've been scouring the screenshots and while there's plenty to feature, there's not much I can stretch out to fit. 600x800 with space for header.

Top Top

rey meustrus
  Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:16 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
Maybe you could use part of the map for the Pokemon MMO? That's pretty big and it looks nice even if it was just a request for pixel artists anyway.

BM I suggest you take a good look at the activity at RPG Palace before you get serious about any mergers. Not that I wouldn't love being staff at an active RPG Maker community again. But at the moment it's so pathetic that it hasn't even been worth my time to deal with the whole web site being cached due to Google bots punching CPU use through the roof. Although the real solution is some pretty serious upgrades that would be worth thousands of dollars if I were billing them to someone else.

...Amy, do you want a story about the decline of RPG Maker communities? It might be an interesting exercise to research all the different communities and how they've kind of fallen apart over time. And depressing. Let's put together a team. Can we have a budget for beer?

Top Top

ZenVirZan
  Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:20 pm
very undead
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge

gah i need to get off my ass and release ZenABS, im sure thatd provide for some reporting content

... but all motivation for that project went out the window a while ago, even if it was the best battle system RMXP has ever seen :shades:

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:33 am

Omnipresent Merchant

Princess Amy wrote:
OK. I'm Putin together a quick one and then we can work from there.

I could do with something for the frontpage though, I've been scouring the screenshots and while there's plenty to feature, there's not much I can stretch out to fit. 600x800 with space for header.
Maybe I can help.
http://i.imgur.com/jQPne17.png
http://i.imgur.com/erfkKR6.png
http://i.imgur.com/VYOBM4K.png
http://i.imgur.com/W5K8a3S.png
http://i.imgur.com/BtB5Pyg.png
http://i.imgur.com/fEIdU1Q.png
http://i.imgur.com/Z2KNXQg.png
If you want any of these minus decals let me know.

Also, some news.
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=78609
Decided to quit being a lazy butt and make thread.

Top Top

Amy
  Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:29 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I wanted a merger with rrr, was even considering saving up and buying it. I wonder if it would be worth contacting ientry about it, since they aren't using it. As for other sites, I dunno, it would kind of kill their identity to do so, when they're so small and cosy. Working together would be better, rather than everyone moving together, I think? I'm not sure.

Top Top