Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

rey meustrus
  Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:13 pm
Master of Dark Magic
Sponsor

Party Mascot
It might be really cool if all the RM places could cross-post certain categories, like game and resource threads, and more closely integrate the different "shoot the shit" type forums. Integrated like "Click here to shoot RRR's shit instead" links for any forums with the same purpose.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:04 am
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Omnipresent Merchant

Princess Amy wrote:
I wanted a merger with rrr, was even considering saving up and buying it. I wonder if it would be worth contacting ientry about it, since they aren't using it. As for other sites, I dunno, it would kind of kill their identity to do so, when they're so small and cosy. Working together would be better, rather than everyone moving together, I think? I'm not sure.
Impossible to say for certain, but the more we stand divided, the further our domains get run into the ground.

Top Top

Xilef
  Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:51 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

BizarreMonkey wrote:
Impossible to say for certain, but the more we stand divided, the further our domains get run into the ground.

That actually goes against web trends and practices. The most successful websites are niche websites at first but grow with their audiences, websites that generalise or merge don't usually grow, they stagnate and shrink.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri May 01, 2015 11:59 am
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Omnipresent Merchant

I suppose that's one way to look at it, if you want to be entirely one-dimensional and biased.

I don't think I need to cite examples for generalized sites that have gone far, and lest we forget all sites start as niche, unless it's a promotional addition to an already trending enterprise.

And it's not as if the union could be a detriment, as if each our hovels could shrink or stagnate much further.

Still up to you guys, obviously, but if you're going to debate it at least try to be a bit less black and white about the matter.

Say I straight-faced with an avatar that is black and white but shhh :0

We wouldn't be generalized, either, I've no idea why that was even brought up.

Top Top

Amy
  Sun May 03, 2015 7:02 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Issue 23 is in for quality control. I also need to sort out QF codes. Other than that it's done.

I did a page on CCC but didn't do a BIG FEATURE because I'd like to play more of the games first (or get someone else to who knows them better), and do a feature issue on it at some point.

There's probably other stuff missing because I've been trying to limit it so there's enough to make an issue next month too.

Erp, other than that I think it's OK?

Which doesn't sound good? Because I'm ending sentences with an upwards inflection? And aren't Australian?

Top Top