Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

HBGames.org Staff
  Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:08 pm
Administrator

L1 Slime

Here at HBGames, we've been looking for a new game making program to promote for a while. We tried, with Game Maker, but people weren't too interested, albeit we didn't do a very good job at promoting it! Well now a new engine has come along, and we thought we'd give it a try.

MoMinis (the Mo short for Mobile) is a suite for developing games for Android, and other platforms, of mobile phone.

They're running a contest - called Gamecast.

"The objective is simple: Build your mobile game using the MoMinis Studio and you can win the grand prize and a distribution deal! Creating games in the MoMinis Studio, an easy to learn game engine, results in games that are wholly cross-platform and ready to play on multiple platforms across Android, Blackberry, Symbian and J2ME devices."

The prize? A share of $15,000 split into three prizes, $10k, $3k and $2k respectively; and distribution deals with GetJar and SlideMe.

In order to promote this new engine, we are encouraging users to take part in this contest. We the staff will have a go too - and we've set up this forum for discussion and support for MoMinis. Feel free to share your works, write tutorials, ask for support, or just chat.

The deadline is July 10th for a rough draft, August 25th for the main deadline.

Oh, and to be nice, if nobody from HBGames ends up winning the contest then we will throw our own little prizes into the mix for the top games from this forum as voted by our members.

LINKS

Gamecast Contest

The Program (MoMinis)

Note: this is a learning experience for all of us so we're all on an equal footing here. Good luck!

Image courtesy of the Gamecast website.

Top Top

hima
  Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:18 am
Sponsor

Interesting! Though it's sad to see that the engine is Windows only. And I don't see a Window7 version in there :(

Top Top

Daxis
  Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:46 am
The arrow lives frugally.

the vista version works the same dude.
Try it out, you're HIMA
XD

"RPG ideation"

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:21 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
The Vista version works on Win7 for me (although I think it switches to Basic over Aero, unless that was another program I had open at the same time).

Top Top

dagarath
  Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 am

I am just going to state that I am going to win this competition, so if you want first place.. find another contest =P hehe. Step up your game, cuz my game is ;)

Top Top

Amy
  Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:57 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Oh dear!

Top Top

dagarath
  Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:32 pm

I mean it all in good fun, I hope nobody takes it too seriously hehe. Competition breeds winners, and losing breeds champions =)

Top Top

GameBoy
  Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:29 am
Awesome avatar isn't it?

One wor... post.
This:
http://playground.mominis.com/forum/index.php?topic=989.0
Badly written rules are bad. Very, very bad. Notice that this topic was made 4 days ago and no one single word of explaination from MoMinis crew...

Top Top

dagarath
  Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:55 pm

I will agree it is odd, but I have found they don't really reply to anything outside of getting started, advanced users or technical support quickly. I would probably contact support@mominis.com I have always gotten a reply within 24 hours from that email address

Top Top

Echo Magnum
  Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:47 am
Rookie Coder / Spriter

Quote:
I am just going to state that I am going to win this competition, so if you want first place.. find another contest =P hehe. Step up your game, cuz my game is ;)

:box: bring it!

Top Top