Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

9robin3
  Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:37 am
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
Hi! I am working on a project in GOOGLE SKETCHUP 8. I am doing it as a schoolproject. Now I want to make an "animation" of the house where the camera moves around and scrolls around the house. I were first into scrolling around in the actual program editor, using a screen recorder, but then I learned that's not the nicest way, cause of different reasons.

So now I wonder if there is a way to RENDER my project (the SKP) so that I actually can see it in a "separate" window / program that still makes it possible to move around in the house (but NOT to edit it). You could say that I am looking for a way to RENDER it, but I am new to renderer programs and plugins, so how does it work? And the renderer programs / plugins
there is, does them only render the project FIXED, OR can it make a separate "window" where you actually can zoom and scroll the extends even outside of the program (what I NEED)?

I hope this makes sense, but to take an example of exporting / rendering a GOOGLE SKETCHUP FILE, you can import it into BLENDER 3D, that is one way, but I know thats kinda advanced:/

SO AGAIN: I wonder if there is a way to RENDER my project (the SKP) so that I actually can see it in a "separate" window / program that still makes it possible to move around in the house!

Thanks in advice

9robin3

MY YOUTUBE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top

9robin3
  Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:54 pm
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
help!!

MY YOUTUBE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top

BlueScope
  Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:12 pm
The Third Man

Well, Captain Caps, you're not really going the right way about this. The way you can do camera flights in SketchUp is by using scenes. Scenes are essentially snapshots of a camera position and it's properties (such as direction, focal point, ...). So, what you're doing is create a first scene which will work as your starting point. Immediately create a second one so that you get a still frame at the beginning, which will make for a much calmer impression instead of directly launching into camera swings.
From here, create new scenes at different camera angles. You got to be aware of how the camera moves (so click around the scenes once you created a few to get a feel for it), and that every scene transition is exactly the same duration, no matter how far apart they are from each other. That, unfortunately, makes orbiting cameras very difficult (to the point where you need post-processing to get it back up to decent speed), but it's usually sufficient.
Once you're done creating all your scenes (I suggest that you use the still frame thing on the end a well), you can export them as a movie file right out of SketchUp. The cool thing here is that you can watch what you exported, and if necessary change scenes independantly, as well as change your model without losing your camera trail. It seems complicated and sturdy at first, but is definately a very cool system to work with... and good enough to get a company I used to work for a six figure contract with the help of some cool background music ;)

Be aware that all I said is true for SketchUp 6 and 5... never worked with the newer versions again since I'm in web design, but I'm assuming they didn't change the basics there.

If you have a slightly positive memory of my Power Shift contest game,
you might be interested in this development screenshot...
More info about that soon!

Top Top

9robin3
  Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:22 pm
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
Ok thanks! Scenes exists in sketchup 8, which I use. And yeah it would be the same, it must be:)

thanks a lot!

MY YOUTUBE

GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top