Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Animalmad
  Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Sorry, if this is the wrong section but I am new here :/ , as you may have read in my introduction, I use Game Maker Free to make games, but obviously it is rather restricting but I am unwilling to pay the $20 fee, are there any other alternatives to Game Maker that are cheaper? Thanks for your help :)

Top Top

Jason
  Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
You could check out the free version of Construct 2, it's a great engine and so much easier to work with than Game Maker!

Top Top

onzephyr
  Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:10 pm
Awesome Bro

Jason is right about Construct 2. Definitely check it out.

Few more worth checking are are.
Construct Classic
Gamesalad
Stencyl

Also checkout Venetia's thread [ TOOLS for GAME MAKING ] for a nice list of some of the other types of tools often needed.

Top Top

Animalmad
  Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks for your suggestions , I'll definitely have to check those out :), i was looking around the internet and I came across this http://www.darkflow.net/, is this a decent looking piece of software?

Top Top

onzephyr
  Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:32 pm
Awesome Bro

Never heard of Darkflow. They do have a demo/free version, so I'd say just download it and check it out.

From the look of it it, it's still early in development, or at least it's not showing off many features. The workflow seems to be a little like game makers based on this video
One thing i'm not seeing is a community for it. Maybe I missed it. That holds a lot of weight when trying to learn something.

Top Top

Animalmad
  Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:58 pm

onzephyr wrote:
Never heard of Darkflow. They do have a demo/free version, so I'd say just download it and check it out.

From the look of it it, it's still early in development, or at least it's not showing off many features. The workflow seems to be a little like game makers based on this video
One thing i'm not seeing is a community for it. Maybe I missed it. That holds a lot of weight when trying to learn something.

Thanks for the advice :), I'll try out the free version and see how it is , sorry for the lateness of my reply

Top Top

Animalmad
  Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:56 am

I've tried it and its quite easy to use and i've started producing a platformer called Pogo JoJo, on the Dak Flow forum there is an example of a new physics engine which looks cool :) so I'm looking forward to that xD

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:17 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Thanks for that, we'll have to check it out as staff and get to adding it to the list.

Top Top