Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Glitchfinder
  Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:47 pm
BEWARE: Glitchfinder's sense of humor sucks.
Staff

Party Mascot

I'd love to post a quote about how many people pull numbers out of thin air when they post statistics, but then I'd be pulling numbers out of thin air to post the quote. Suffice to say, never quote a number unless you've actually found research to support it. The "fact" that "90% [of] viruses come from torrents and "those" sites" is patently untrue. Especially since recent studies have shown that viruses are increasingly aimed at the user, and not the OS. (That's why the tech savvy are able to avoid so many viruses that, in retrospect, should have been easy to catch) That being said, the majority of viruses are still aimed at Windows, merely because the majority of operating computers connected to the internet are running Windows. Still, when was the last time you caught a virus through an exploit, instead of plain stupidity? Can't remember? Then you're in the majority.

And cookie, if you look, that's the first solution in this tutorial.

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:48 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I would just like to add something that probably won't affect anyone, but did affect me, so might affect someone else, I dunno.

I migrated to a new machine and copied my old /data hard drive. This contained my installation of RPG Maker XP.

Not realising this, I re-installed, then applied my key, and the trial message disappeared.

Later on I copied a shortcut to rmxp somewhere and for days was confused that it wasn't working - it kept bringing up the trial message. I was sure I had applied my key, and it was legal.

If you have two seperate installations, they are both entirely seperate with this authentication system. Try the other .exe :)

Not strictly related but sortof.

Top Top

reido66
  Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:30 pm
You can't make me believe what you believe.

what if you have "Windows 7"? (Latest ''Windows" system)

Current Projects
Content Hidden

Cheers!

Top Top

Glitchfinder
  Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:34 pm
Staff

Party Mascot

reido66 wrote:
what if you have "Windows 7"? (Latest ''Windows" system)

Generally speaking, you won't see this problem, then. I'm currently running RMXP and RMVX in Win7 64-bit, and haven't seen any problems at all. However, if you do see a problem, this guide should be able to help, since Win7 has the same base code as Vista, only refined a bit.

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

Tyrant-Rave
  Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:19 am
My life is, simplistic.

Hey you all, sorry if this is necroposting, not sure if thats allowed here, but I tried every single one of these steps and I still get the error! I'm trying to run RMXP on Windows 7 64 bit, and ideas?

Top Top

Glitchfinder
  Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:24 am
Staff

Party Mascot

Tyrant-Rave wrote:
Hey you all, sorry if this is necroposting, not sure if thats allowed here, but I tried every single one of these steps and I still get the error! I'm trying to run RMXP on Windows 7 64 bit, and ideas?

If you tried the registry method, and it still isn't working, make sure you try inserting the keys using both the normal registry editor and the one in the SysWOW64 folder (Generally C:\Windows\SysWOW64), since 64 bit Windows computers have two different registries. Aside from that, you might consider getting the newest version, since you'll never be able to connect to the Protexis servers now. (They're no longer online, since Protexis no longer handles RMXP's licensing)

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

Skyla Doragono
  Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:52 pm
The World is Shit
Retired Staff

Sewer Rat

Something you might want to note guys: I just tried running RPG Maker VX on a Windows 7 machine, and the ntitles server error wouldn't go away until I ran it in compatibility mode for Vista.

Top Top

MarioSuperStar
  Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:07 pm

I myself encountered with the "ntitles" error in the old version(1.02a), just needed to make it to be
compatible with Windows XP(Service Pack 3) and that fixed the problem.
My operating system is Windows 7.

Top Top

Drago del Fato
  Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:53 pm
Dark Slayer

L1 Slime

Just a notification:

Old versions (1.02a) of both RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX can be registered WITHOUT the need for updating to 1.04. Just do all of the three steps Glitchfinder mentioned and next time you run RPG Maker XP/VX it will say that license is expired. At that moment just put in your activation code you got for the old version (1.02a version and not 1.04) and the program WILL register without any problems. :)

It also works on Windows XP version, exception here is that you ONLY need to do step 3, while people running windows 7/vista (with UAC on) need to do ALL of the 3 steps.

Of course this greatly helps to those who got RMXP/VX in "other" ways. XD XD XD

Visit my little scripts corner here. :)

Top Top

WeaponOD
  Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:19 am
Nothing but pixels!

Don't mean to necro, but is there a fix for windows 7? One day rmxp suddenly stopped working for me, and I've tried everything I could to prevail. I've tried all 3 steps and still won't open.

Top Top

harleyotto
  Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:52 am

this help me thanks

Top Top

Glitchfinder
  Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:37 am
Staff

Party Mascot

Is there really any reason we should keep this stickied now? I could easily edit out the old tutorial and leave in the notice regarding the update. Especially since the old tutorial is only really useful these days if you're pirating the game. The updated versions (including the Steam one) are all fully functional in Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:41 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Good call. Actually I think, due to years of neglect and tectonic plate movements, most stickies on the site need replacing altogether.

Top Top

Glitchfinder
  Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:07 am
Staff

Party Mascot

Princess Amy wrote:
Good call. Actually I think, due to years of neglect and tectonic plate movements, most stickies on the site need replacing altogether.

Is it possible for you to update a few choice sections of those? Personally, I would love if we could have an up to date list of all of the bbcode we can use on the site, such as the twitter one. (Although the twitter tag seems broken at the moment, presumably because of an API update on their end.)

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:23 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I will go through all the bbcode at some point as a lot of it is broken. I'll make a new guide.

Top Top