Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Amy
  Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:41 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I'm a little stuck. I have lots of events going on through battles, based on conditions and such. But I want to run one specifically when all enemies are dead. Unfortunately, events don't run then (such as condition: monster 1 HP is less than 0%), because the battle ending gets in the way and stops it.

Is there a quick solution to this, to suppress the battle ending just so that an event can run inbetween all enemies being dead and the battle result screen?

Essentially what I want to do is an event which asks you if you want to accept the reward, or do something else (and the something else will invoke an abort battle amongst other things), so it needs to go between all enemies dying, and the reward being given.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:37 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Yes, pretty sure. I know what you are talking about. I can't remember how to do it exactly. I found a way once because I wanted to use a special animation and dialog when the enemy died. I'll have to think on it.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:10 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Ah! Hold the mouse over the enemy Hp% battle condition, The help box explains it.
0 hp takes priority. So to show a message at the end of battle you have to make the enemy immortal and manually add the KO status at the end of the event that runs when their HP falls below 0%

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:15 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Cool, that should work. I'll just find a way to make all enemies automatically immortal. Thanks.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
In Ace I think you have to make them resist the death status. The "immortal" option isn't there anymore with the "appear halfway" when you right click the battlers in the troops menu.

Might be easier if the message came up as soon the enemy died and you got the reward. Instead of a bunch of condional branching to find out who is the last battler standing to give all the rewards at the end.

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:36 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Solved it. Game_Enemy, line 36, added

add_state(10)

Affects all enemies of course but that's what I want.

Top Top