Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

PandoraShock
  Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:16 pm
Programmer!

Sewer Rat

Hello guys!

So I'm working on a 2D Roguelike game in RPG Maker XP, this is where I was then I started a post only 30 minutes ago.

I was requesting help for making Tile Based Lighting, with a ray factor to allow the light to pass through only open space and over objects but not through pillars or walls and even doors.
because obviously this would take away the element of surprise or fear in a dungeon of the unknown.

I was looking for Something more similar to this, and was unsure of how to go about it.

I was not 100% sure how to accomplish this, and was in dire need of help!

But laughingly directly after I was about to post this I was writing up an example of what I might need. and what do you know.. the sample was the solution xD! I am now happy to show you ray based, tile based lighting:

The system also has the ability to allow me to "peak" through doors so that you can see into the room on the other side and check for monsters while 100% un-seen :) (of course this will only work with key-whole or windowed wooden doors.)

This script may also have other applications, I still need to work on encountering other lights because I'm currently only drawing for the player, but once I do ill touch base again. If this is in the wrong section I'm sorry <3

Thanks for being awesome and checking this out It seems I fixed my own problem and did not want to just not post about it (made me feel pretty rad ;P)

=================

UPDATE

=================

Finished merged lighting, and made your torch flicker :)

Also starting on inventory

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:55 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Oh, that's pretty awesome! I love how you get different distances depending on your line of sight.

Top Top