Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Star
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:25 pm
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum.
Sponsor

Me and my girlfriend StrawberryFlower just bought a house together. Come to find out getting internet in our new house is going to be a bit of a hassle. So unfortunately, we won't be around very much until we get it back. But we are really enjoying our house, and we have a lot to unpack so maybe it will be for the better.

Not like you'll miss us anyway right? :thumb:

Top Top

moog
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:27 pm
Sponsor

awesome sauce

what part of town did you buy it in

Top Top

Star
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:30 pm
Sponsor

Lexington, SC. THE WHITE SIDE OF TOWN. XDDDDDDDDDDDD!

No break in's for me.

Unless there's a crazy white man.

Top Top

moog
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:33 pm
Sponsor

hey thats where i was born ;D (and went to elementary school there)

god you shoulda got a house in cayce or something its really chill (but then again cayce isnt that far from lexington so it works out)

man i used to go to lexington for that krispy kreme factory (if its even still there)

Top Top

Venetia
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:45 pm
venerable inertia
Staff

congrats! you're probably too late for the new home buyer tax credit though right? :(

didn't mean to rain on your parade. enjoy your new digs and thanks for supportin' the economy pal :thumb:

Top Top

Star
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:35 pm
Sponsor

Holy crap it really is a small world. Well I really liked this house so igave into it. Omg I go to a krispy kreme in cayce. I think its the closest one to downtown. There's a kreme factory in lexington! Woah I'm gonna have to check that out.

Unfortunately I only got the 5000 sc homeowners credit. It helped with my downpayment. I bet barney frank is proud

Top Top

moog
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:39 pm
Sponsor

Yeah man, born and raised in Lexington :D, I moved to Blythewood (if you know where that is) for the remainder of my younger years, and I actually went to USC for school before moving out.

Im not sure if the KK in lexington is still there, I LOVE the KK in cayce though (my pops worked there as a kid, he was born and raised in cayce). You should check out the comic store in cayce too, since cayce pretty much sucks shop wise beside that.

also lol maurices bbq, is that giant pig sign still there? that racist fuck

Top Top

bacon
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:39 pm
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot
Have fun throwing huge parties in your brick house.

Anyways, hope to see your soon. Your a good member and its sad to see you leave. :c

Top Top

moog
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:40 pm
Sponsor

fuck theres also some really delicious mexican place, i forget what its called but its like a giant sombrero (dk if its still around, it was near maurices)

Top Top

moog
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:40 pm
Sponsor

FUCK YOU BACON

You are evil, so evil. I hope you get shot by that mexican.

-bacon

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:28 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Good luck and grats dude!

Top Top

moxie
  Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:51 am
singin potatoes

Whoo! Congratulations. :)

Top Top

dadevvtsvre
  Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 am
consul for life
Sponsor

if i need a place to stay and happen to be in south carolina, i expect my own bathroom jsyk

Top Top

Star
  Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:26 pm
Sponsor

dadevster wrote:
if i need a place to stay and happen to be in south carolina, i expect my own bathroom jsyk

Good thing we are getting another bed. Too bad it's hot as hell down here right now. You should probably come in the winter Canada boy.

Dude! I saw that comic store and wanted to go there. I actually went to a comic store in West Columbia on Bush River rd. They were having a DnD meeting there, lmao! I still work off of Broad River Rd. Working in an Apartment community. I'm not so sure about that Mexican Restaurant cause I don't really frequent those establishments. One thing I do like about Columbia is Groucho's Deli. Not sure if Maurice's BBQ has the pig or not. Haven't been there since I was a kid. Funny thing is I saw black people in there. They love BBQ regardless of the Confederate Flag

Bacon praised me :cry:

Update: I just ordered Windstream cause TimeWarnerCable was being an Ass. We'll see how long till I get it back. Right now I only have it at lunch time for like an hour.

Top Top

moog
  Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:15 pm
Sponsor

yeah the black people are always in there reguardless, they're the true meaning of slaves lol

also the bush river road one was Heroes and Dragons, was it not? I got my Cowboy Bebop box set there when I graduated high school, it was pretty cool. If youre over in Irmo check out a mom and pop store called Software Seconds, its badass and sell pretty much every video game known to man, plus the imports. The owner is a bad ass dude and they sell oldschool PS1 games (Grandia 1, Wild Arms 1, Xenogears, Legend of Legaia, FF7-9) all for like 20 bucks, its great. I tend to stay away from Bush River though, that Gamestop next to the little shopping center got robbed 4 times by the same guy (lol south carolina)

But yeah that one in Cayce is Silver City i think; Some hot chick in pigtails works there shes pretty cool tbh. Just DONT go to the anime ship in Columbia Mall called "Fine Art of Base Ball", some fat faggot works there and he sells shit overprices (A Cloud Strife action figure for 100 bucks GO FUCK YOURSELF)

But yeah besides down town everywhere else in SC sucks. Grouchos is pretty chill they have one in Blythewood by the Food Lion near the HS, its pretty good but so small, hard to get an order cause its usually crowded. Also, if youre in Lexington look up Rhino Games, its near Lexington Middle School so you should find it pretty easily. Lexington's a pretty cool place to live so lucky you

Top Top

united washcloth express
  Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:32 pm
Silenced Security
Sponsor

L1 Slime
watermelon's wrote:
yeah the black people are always in there reguardless, they're the true meaning of slaves lol

The current black community does seem to generate an outcry towards references to slavery as if the current generation is full of black people that were slaves at one time. Reverse racism is as bad as racism. Really, it is just a cheap way to make money now. What is even worse is when a family member passes away do to the negligence of the city and the family sues. Now I can understand one suing for the amount one is paid through their employment for time missed during the funeral, hospital time, and initial grieving period of losing a loved one. In some cases, even suing for some of the funeral costs may be somewhat justifiable. What I do not understand is suing for hundreds of thousands and up for "pain and suffering." What is this individual, or group of individuals trying to say? Do people mean that little to each other now that one requires a gratuitous amount of money to drown away the feelings of loss in material possessions? What is even worse is that the money does come at the expense of tax payers. While it may not come directly from a source funded through a tax, the city will generate income through a taxable source whether it be through raising a tax, or establishing a new form of tax that can be tacked on to an existing tax.

Top Top

action
  Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:47 am

she's a brick and I'm drowning slowing
off the coast and I'm headed nowhere

Top Top

Jason
  Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:48 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Post a picture of your new home, and have a Home Sweet Home sign up somewhere!

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:58 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Top Top

Jason
  Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:04 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Pretty house.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:19 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

If we had a camera, we'd take a picture. There are a lot of people wanting to see our new house, too. :3

Yesh, we got the interwebs back. <3

Top Top

Jason
  Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:23 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Yay for internet!

Top Top

Maneo
  Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 pm
Sponsor

Congrats. see you when you get back.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:38 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Thanks. I'd say we're back, but let's wait until Star says so. :3

Top Top

Star
  Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:48 am
Sponsor

Yup. We're back. Online and cooking! Let's hope I can get a picture of our house. I had a digital camera once, and then I busted the lens on it the second I used it. I have bad luck or something.

@Watermelons Yeah that's Heroes and Dragons. Man, I feel like you still live here. I wish you did. I am gonna have to check out Software Seconds, maybe I'll do that this weekend. Gotta lot of stuff planned and I only just started, but I'm officially back for good.

Top Top

moog
  Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:52 am
Sponsor

Star, Im coming home for a few weeks in late August; If you wanna meet up and chill around Harbison (maybe go to Frankie's or something) let me know, Id be more than glad to hang with ya.

Also yeah, check SS out, its down a little past the dollar theatre in Lexington. Its in a small strip, so you might miss it, so you look carefully. Its a little before Irmo high school and I think its near a Cici's and a Matress shop. Its an awesome store, man. Youll love it.

Top Top

moog
  Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:52 am
Sponsor

god, irmo high school

memories @_@

Top Top

Star
  Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:12 am
Sponsor

XD I never went to high school here. Instead I went to high school in Laurens SC. Yeah we will hang out, just let me know when you're coming and I'll plan everything accordingly. Frankies sounds great, I went there twice already since I've been living here. (only a year)

Top Top

Maneo
  Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:09 pm
Sponsor

StrawberryFlower wrote:
Thanks. I'd say we're back, but let's wait until Star says so. :3

Haha. Totally didn´t see your post there, Strawberryflower. :)

Top Top

moog
  Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:47 pm
Sponsor

Oh wow, Laurens, thats far. Near Greenwood? Or am I off? One of those is District 55, I used to teach out near Ninety-Six. I went to school right in bumpkin town, then in columbia for a bit, then back in bumpkin town :D

also USC and Midlands Tech are both garbage dont ever go there

Top Top