Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

This is the Half Kaizer template by Showkaizer edited for RPG Maker VX and RPG Maker VX Ace. There are some full walking animations and some idle poses mixed in.

Please do not credit me for this, all credit goes to Showkaizer, original creator of the template. I just moved things around and positioned them in a VX template.

These can be used in any engine, not just RPG Maker, but are formatted for RPG Maker VX/Ace.

Author: Amy

coyotecraft
  Tue May 20, 2014 6:42 pm
Sponsor
The HK template was revised a handful of times.
Image Image
I don't think many people ever saw Showkaizer's "complete" HKtemplate.
Because of it's size and the limited number of frames, the walk cycles looked really stiff. Probably would have looked better with more frames but it was hard enough keeping a standard to make resources for. People kept going back to the old template.

Pretty sure Tana made most of the poses and body variations for the early template. But IMO, the only pose the template really needed was a downpose and I've never seen it done well. A few people attempted diagonal sprites, but that might be lost now.
poses and junk

Top Top

Amy
  Tue May 20, 2014 7:13 pm
Staff
Thanks for posting that, I'm glad someone had it saved, I've been having a lot of trouble finding them on the net.

Top Top

WinterSage
  Wed May 21, 2014 5:04 pm
Baking bread while I get baked.
Wow, that's a lot of poses O.o. Looks like the pose set was a simplified version of the template, almost like it was left cell shaded. I wonder if that was on purpose.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed May 21, 2014 9:51 pm
Sponsor
They were originally made for a gRTP contest thing that had a rule of 3 shades per color.

Top Top

WinterSage
  Thu May 22, 2014 1:10 am
That makes sense then. Actually, That would be the easiest way to compile a lot of work at once and fast. O.o

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Thu May 22, 2014 3:56 am
Sponsor
That was the idea. Rather then pay a pixel artist to create graphics for his game maker studio, Near Fantastica figured it was a good idea to get a forum full of teenagers to make it for him. And offered 3 PSPs and 2 $100 godaddy gift cards to the top 5 places. That was the build it! contest a.k.a gRTP
Of course it sounds terrible when I say it like that.

Top Top

WinterSage
  Thu May 22, 2014 12:16 pm
LOL, well, it's not that bad.

Top Top

Jumping Jack Flash
  Thu May 22, 2014 8:42 pm
rubbish in maps anyway the tilesets don't fit them at all. even when theyre 4 high like people say.

Top Top

Amy
  Thu May 22, 2014 10:24 pm
Staff
Somewhere around three tiles high always seems best.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri May 23, 2014 3:22 am
Sponsor
I've got some unfinished tilesets saved from the HKCP. Also some from the gRTP which just look like outlines and flat colors. If anyone wants to use them as a reference.

Top Top

Amy
  Sun May 25, 2014 12:33 am
Staff
A simple start would be just to look at the rtp and work out which bits aren't modular (like wall tiles) and tweak them to fit the template. In fact I might do that at some point.

Top Top

POG
  Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:55 am
What are the terms of use of Tana's templates?

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:35 pm
Sponsor
Technically, if you look back at the the gRTP contest terms it's only meant to be used for near's game studio. Whatever was made for the contest, including Tana's templates, relinquished their rights. But the studio thing never happened as far as I can tell.

Tana took all her resources down. So I don't know how she feels about people still using them. Or using wayback to dig it all back up. Like her lego templates. Probably just play it safe with your basic creative commons: Credit , Non Commercial use. yada-yada

Top Top

Amy
  Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:11 pm
Staff
Well, they're templates, so in theory the actual sprite disappears at the end of it, your work goes on top of it and all that is left is perhaps the skin of the face and the eyes.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:17 am
Sponsor
Whatever you build on will still be subject to the template's terms. You can't place new restrictions or change the licence. So if you make a character, people would be free to edit it and use it in the same way as the templates.

Top Top