Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

So fist
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:30 am
Has fist, will travel.
Sponsor

Okay so we're going to be working on this skin for the next few weeks, fine tuning it until its sleek and efficient. This thread is your chance to suggest a tweak that you think will be useful to make. Some of you are already making suggestions in other places, but if you really want it to be heard it will be better for you to place the suggestion in this thread.

Top Top

PK8
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:58 am

Heya, posting things that stick out to me/could improve.

Things that look sort of stick out to me in a bad way

Image 1

I'll post other things later. Super busy at the moment. ;_;

Also, are you planning on changing the color scheme of this site soon?

Top Top

Surmuck
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:15 am
oficial anderson coop fan club presdent

Quote:
Also, are you planning on changing the color scheme of this site soon?

From what I've heard, yes. I think Venetia is workins on it.

Top Top

Kingdom Ablaze
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:28 am
Smile, you never know when you are on camera!

im on most everyday and so are a few of my freinds and we think that it would be awsome if you could choose your own color scheme, like i want green, and my towo homies want black and red. it would be cool, idk if im out of place here?...

Top Top

Nachos
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:47 am

no, you're not.

Uhm, to see the user's profile by clicking on his name

Top Top

dadevvtsvre
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:53 am
consul for life
Sponsor

Not sure if this is the right place, but are you guys going to bring back user statistics? Back with SMF, there was a page in everybody's profile where you could see the forums they posted the most in, when they were on the most, etc. I liked that feature, so are you going to bring that back or no?

Top Top

shadow
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:54 am
*shivers in his shorts*
Sponsor

Sounds like a cool idea, deathbethecost, but it might be a little above my coding experience.

Top Top

Surmuck
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:15 am

Dadevster, (hehe it comes in handy) there still is statistics in your profile. Their not represented in bar graphs like in SMF, but some of the information is still there. Like yours:
Quote:
J
Most active forum: Project Discussion
[ 251 Posts / 23.50% of user’s posts ]

Most active topic: what's on your mind?
[ 59 Posts / 5.52% of user’s posts ]

Top Top

Kingdom Ablaze
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:07 am
Smile, you never know when you are on camera!

not meaning to spam, but yes i am on most everyday, doesnt mean i log in if i just want to read up on this or that post

Top Top

PK8
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:17 am

deathbethecost wrote:
not meaning to spam, but yes i am on most everyday, doesnt mean i log in if i just want to read up on this or that post
I think he meant "no you're not" as in "no you're not out of place". But yeah, back on topic.

One thing that I can't believe is missing is the ability to link to an individual's post. Here's hoping you guys bring it back.

Ooh, how about a fixed navbar? And are you guys going to have a glossy web 2.0-looking style in your new skin?

Top Top

Tindy
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:55 am
blahblahblah
Sponsor

nahchito wrote:
to see the user's profile by clicking on his name

Also some general text size discrepancies... The author's name is HUGE for some reason (I'm in normal reply), also like Punk pointed out the post name is kind of too ridiculously huge.

Search bar readily visible would be *AWESOME*. Of course, since the switch nothing seems to show up right anymore :/ I searched for "pallet swap" and it was like: " 'Pallet' is not used in any post." O:

EDIT: Blech, also spacing issues re: the text under the Request forum link in Resource Analysis.

Top Top

PK8
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:04 am

Tindy: It's "palette". :P

Sorry for the useless reply. So tired right now, I'll post something useful when I'm up.

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:22 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
1. Centre the avatars :tongue:
2. I am using 1024x768 resolution, and the menu bar appears over two lines
3. I'm not personally a fan of Image buttons, I prefer the old ones, but thats just preference
4. Hot topics is a lame idea imo

Top Top

Makasu
  Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:32 pm
Peri did my avatar! <3

I agree with wyatt the new icon buttons are weird to me.

I also don't like how I'm taken to a screen that tells me that I've posted something and have to wait that breif period to go back to it.

2. Its really hard to tell the topics I have viewed already. When the old skin was in use topics I haven't viewed were bold blue and when I have visited them they were normal and thin. I'm not to sure if that makes much sense.

3.I think the quote button should be at the top of the users post. In the lower corner it bothers me. :(

4.Everyone's name color keeps changing as well! One second someone is purple [[for Global Moderator]] and when I refresh them I see them as black [[for unregistered]] then green and sometimes orange.

Dead on Arrival is the name of my project. Topic thread coming sooner or later. Game is now in the early stages of development. Tech demo soon to be released...

Me on deviantart.com
My talents

Top Top

dadevvtsvre
  Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:26 am
consul for life
Sponsor

This is the thing that bothers me the most.

Makasu wrote:
2. Its really hard to tell the topics I have viewed already. When the old skin was in use topics I haven't viewed were bold blue and when I have visited them they were normal and thin. I'm not to sure if that makes much sense.

The only other thing that is a little annoying is not being able to click the user's name to go to their profile. And when viewing a user's posts, the posts are all touching each other, which kind of makes it difficult to discern the posts. (maybe that's just me though) And I liked how the old quotes were, where it told you the time the post was made, not just their name.

Top Top

Amy
  Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:48 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Makasu wrote:

phpBB already does this :/ for me, anyway

Top Top

Nickster
  Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Tindy wrote:
Search bar readily visible would be *AWESOME*. Of course, since the switch nothing seems to show up right anymore :/ I searched for "pallet swap" and it was like: " 'Pallet' is not used in any post." O:
Same for me. The search always returns negative when i search for words. i believe i got results only when i searched for the person who i knew made the post.
Commodore Whynot wrote:
Makasu wrote:

phpBB already does this :/ for me, anyway
Mine is just like makasu.

Top Top

So fist
  Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:02 pm
Has fist, will travel.
Sponsor

Folks, search results has nothing to do with skin modification. Second, I will be running the search indexer tonight.

Top Top

Brewmeister
  Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:56 pm
Paste above Main

lv 99 Balance Wizard

We don't care if it's skin related, server related, config related, it's fucked up & needs to be fixed! :scruff:

[edit] footer in profile is misaligned

Top Top

Untra
  Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:41 am
Jack of all Trades
Sponsor

Each users individual post count is shown. I don't like that, and I think this could lead to some competition ("Oh! I have more posts then you, asshole!"). Shit like that. Also the users join date does not have to be shown as well. It looks quite ugly and can be removed.

When I click a users name on their post, I want to go to their profile, and not have their name appear in my next post.

The "Report this post" button is a small shitty icon of a !. It needs to be on the same level as the Quote button. These buttons then need to be on top of the post.

The new smileys suck, but thats just me.
Other then all that, thats as much as I can think of that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Edit: Also, fix those image tags soon. If they can't be fixed, either the mod team needs to go on a mass editing trip on various members and mods can be given the responsibility of editing and deleting various topics. Bit of a big jump there, but I personally like being able to see the pictures in my posts, and I'd be willing to do ANYTHING to have that option back again, thanks.

Edit again: When it says whose viewing the topic, is it possible to get rid of displaying the bots and spiders that are viewing it as well?

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Quote:
The new smileys suck, but thats just me.

You just invalidated the entire rest of your post. :|:

Quote:
Also, fix those image tags soon. If they can't be fixed, either the mod team needs to go on a mass editing trip on various members and mods can be given the responsibility of editing and deleting various topics. Bit of a big jump there, but I personally like being able to see the pictures in my posts, and I'd be willing to do ANYTHING to have that option back again, thanks.

We are :/ but pictures work? You just need to edit them back into your post.

I.e. Image

Top Top

Keegzilla
  Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:57 pm
InsaneAsylumUtube Team Member

What about new replies? I miss having to click on a button andcheck on the topics I was posting on, if there is another way, I'm stupid. I don't even though why you changed the skin...

Top Top

Surmuck
  Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

From what I've seen, 'View Your Posts' is much the same thing, Keegzilla - except it encompasses anything you've posted, but it'll show you if there's new posts in the threads you've posted in too.

Top Top

seven
  Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:43 am

I should mention that the number of posts item is not only unneccessary, it can also be bugged. I saw one where it said the user had 16777207 posts when he actually only had 25 (I used search posts so I'm fairly sure it was 25).
EDIT: Another glitch I found is that the Quick Reply box shows up even if the topic is locked.

Top Top

moog
  Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:48 am
Sponsor

its not bugged some accounts were fixed that way (i.e despain)

Top Top

Venetia
  Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:21 am
venerable inertia
Staff

narutofan231 wrote:
its not bugged some accounts were fixed that way (i.e despain)

his was, but it was an smf conversion error from last year that caused a large number of members (like, 400 or so i think?) to have wonked-out post counts.
I'd go through and fix them but editing the accounts of ~400 people (most of whom are inactive) does not really sound like a good waste of my time.

edit: oop, looks like the post count has been killed anyway now so it doesn't matter anymore!

Top Top

Cryranos
  Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:49 pm
i broke it again
Sponsor

Sometimes my page will scroll down to the quick reply box when it loads, and it takes me forever to find my spot again... it's quite annoying when I'm reading through a long topic.

Top Top

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN
  Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:51 pm

I would like our profiles to be more customize. We can post our pictures. Have a comment section.

Top Top

seven
  Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:44 am

Isn't it a bit redundant to have the group NAME written under the group USERBAR? :p

Top Top

Tindy
  Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:55 am
blahblahblah
Sponsor

Sorry, another thing not entirely skin-related - Can we get our "Report" button back for private messages?

Top Top