Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Amy
  Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:28 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Ok I'm getting paranoid, as nobody has submitted anything to the resource gallery in weeks. Is it broken? Is it too complicated? Is there something wrong?

Regardless, if you don't have time do add them yourself then I guess post your resources here with a short, non-formatted description and I'll add them when I get around to it. Or add them yourself :p

Top Top

SephirothSpawn
  Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am
Support/RGSS Bitch
Retired Staff

As with everything we have ever tried, I think its more of a matter of getting people to add them in, and after posting them, I think people are too lazy to add them.

We could probably have this done for us by using an automated system when topics are created by adding and reading tags within post.

Resource Tags (Please add this to your post before submitting)
Content Hidden

and have that added resource submissions topics (as we did with our script topics). Shouldn't be more than modifing our existing post.php (or whatever) code. I could probably do it myself if you guys give me codes for adding stuff to our resource center (assuming its done with mySQL). Shouldn't be anything more than some regexp and I am sure we could do with allowing even multiple submissions within the same topic.

I am always looking for scripts to look over and offer my advice on people's coding. If you want your script reviewed and to further develop your scripting skills, just put a [Review] tag in your topic. I will always post in any scripting topic marked [Review] offering whatever advice I can give.

Top Top

WeebamNa
  Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:50 pm
Treasure Hunter

It's broken for me. I don't see a submit button anywhere, and there's a bug where when I type something into the description box, the text is white on the white background so I have to highlight it to see it. But yeah, the lack of a submit button may be kind of a big problem. I'm on firefox and just tried it on IE with the same result, as well.

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:56 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
What the hell :|

Sorry about this, it worked fine for me so I assumed it did for everyone else.

I'll try and fix it tonight.

Christ, why does nobody tell us these things :/

Top Top

piggman77
  Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Sorry about that, I had posted that it wasn't working for me (same exact problems as Dustin says) awhile back in another of the resource gallery threads here. I guess a PM would have been better.

Top Top