Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
    Maverick
  Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:32 am
Member

This ban is completely unjust. I made a topic WARNING about a problem on Youtube for people can check their videos. I did NOT have to tell anyone about what was going on at Youtube. I could have watch someone else in the future weeks or months to make a thread about the problem. Is this how this staff say thank you?

I did NOT make a return to be an active member of this site. I also NEVER said I was leaving the RM Community. I said I was THINKING about it. Don't put words in my mouth.

I know I made this account while having another, but I did it for JUST reasons.


Image

Image

Sign

-Franklin


Top Top
Profile      
 

    Star
  Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:41 am
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum.
User avatar
Sponsor


Location: I go where I please, I please where I go
Making a new account after being temp banned is grounds for permanent ban I think. You're just trying to make a big scene on the internet, but really, what is there to be won on the internet? You might as well call it quits and go home packing, what's the point in fighting a forum that you claim hates you anyway. Whether your ban is just or not, it wasn't permanent, you could of discussed this with an administrator or a mod in a pm, instead you chose the ridiculous route.

_________________
Image


Top Top
Profile      
 

    dadevvtsvre
  Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:47 am
consul for life
User avatar
Sponsor


Location: hamilton, ontario
Dude, it hasn't even been a month since you made your "leaving" topic so you gotta realize why it's a bit strange to us that you'd suddenly make a topic here so soon. Making a topic warning us about something... seems like it's less about helping us and more about redeeming yourself, some sort of grab for attention. (for whatever reason)

Maybe a month long ban was a little harsh but you have to understand our reasoning. You can't make a big deal about a bunch of peole hating you, create a whole topic for it, come back three weeks later and expect us to just be cool with it. If you're leaving then why does it even matter if you're banned? Anyway, yeah, like Star mentioned it might have been a better idea to PM a mod or an admin.

Anyway, it's not even a big deal. Complaining to us that you were banned when we have good grounds for it is not doing yourself any favours!!


Top Top
Profile      
 

    Maverick
  Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:51 am
Member

Dadevster wrote:
Dude, it hasn't even been a month since you made your "leaving" topic so you gotta realize why it's a bit strange to us that you'd suddenly make a topic here so soon. Making a topic warning us about something... seems like it's less about helping us and more about redeeming yourself, some sort of grab for attention. (for whatever reason)

Maybe a month long ban was a little harsh but you have to understand our reasoning. You can't make a big deal about a bunch of peole hating you, create a whole topic for it, come back three weeks later and expect us to just be cool with it. If you're leaving then why does it even matter if you're banned? Anyway, yeah, like Star mentioned it might have been a better idea to PM a mod or an admin.

Anyway, it's not even a big deal. Complaining to us that you were banned when we have good grounds for it is not doing yourself any favours!!


This is not the only RM site that received the warning. I am not looking to be redeemed. I was just say "hey be careful". If I was looking to be redeemed then I would have kept posting about other things like it was no big deal.

I did not PM an admin or a mod because I was thinking that they would ban me the instant I made this account to discuss this problem instead of trying to talk it out. From past experience with them, they normally do not like to discuss issues to solve them.


Top Top
Profile      
 

    dadevvtsvre
  Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:59 am
consul for life
User avatar
Sponsor


Location: hamilton, ontario
Maverick wrote:
I did not PM an admin or a mod because I was thinking that they would ban me the instant I made this account to discuss this problem instead of trying to talk it out. From past experience with them, they normally do not like to discuss issues to solve them.
yes, issues are definitely resolved when we make assumptions like this. also considering making duplicate accounts is against the rules, we have good grounds to ban this account right now.

you said you were leaving, why does a month-long ban even matter to you?


Top Top
Profile      
 

    Maverick
  Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:16 am
Member

Dadevster wrote:
Maverick wrote:
I did not PM an admin or a mod because I was thinking that they would ban me the instant I made this account to discuss this problem instead of trying to talk it out. From past experience with them, they normally do not like to discuss issues to solve them.
yes, issues are definitely resolved when we make assumptions like this. also considering making duplicate accounts is against the rules, we have good grounds to ban this account right now.

you said you were leaving, why does a month-long ban even matter to you?


I never said I was leaving. I said I was THINKING about it. Doing and Thinking are two different things.

Yes, assumptions are not good. I only did this because of past experiences of trying to get things solved in PM and the staff was unwilling to solve the problem.


Top Top
Profile      
 

    Daxis
  Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:35 am
The arrow lives frugally.
User avatar
Member

Dude, here are what I have observed so far:

Your topic that said you were thinking about retiring? It said Retiring, not thinking about retiring. Those are two very different things, as you have pointed out.
Because of that, we all thought you were retiring. I would rather think that such an assumption cannot be blamed on the administrators; you see a sign says Under-Construction, it usually means that they're under-construction, not that they're thinking about going under construction.

Second, in your retiring topic, when people were CLEARLY saying good bye to you, you did not choose to correct them. This only solidifies our assumptions that you were ACTUALLY RETIRING. If you had, at that point, PM'd a mod to clarify things or whatever, hey, that argument of thinking/not doing would work now. Obviously, it doesn't. Everyone justifiably thought that you were actually retiring.

Third, why would you have needed a topic to tell us that you're THINKING about leaving? Hell, I could just go to the IRC or to the What's on Your Mind topic and gotten proper responses rather than make a thread about it, because, guess what, It would be what's on your mind (leaving that is). Creating a topic is clearly a waste of space. "Hey i'm thinking about making an awesome game"- goes into game concept, because, at that point, it's a concept. The introductions/farewell board is not a concepts board, as far as I can tell.
Because of the fact that you posted a entire topic in that board, we, in good faith, thought that you were actually being serious and retiring. Naturally, we would not thing you were wasting forum space by saying "Yeah i'm thinking about doing something," because that would be some shitty doubt on a member. We thought you were serious, dude.

Fourth, you still could have contacted a board administrator without an account, I believe, over email. Creating another account casts doubt upon your character, which does not help your cause. And if you have bad past experiences with the admin, it usually means the admin has bad experiences with you, so already, you were naturally on a short fuse.

Fifth, WTF DOES A 1 MONTH BAN EVEN MATTER WHEN YOU SAID YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT LEAVING? You clearly did not clarify that you were "thinking" about leaving in your thread, even as people obviously thought you were, you did not have enough trust in the admins to be good to you, you BARELY post here ever, and you have bad experiences with us. Why does a month long ban even matter enough to you to create a duplicate account?

_________________
A foop foop

"RPG ideation"


Top Top
Profile      
 

    bacon
  Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:45 am
butts n booties
User avatar
Staff

Party Mascot
If you were thinking about it then why did you make a thread about. Again, its absolutely ridiculous that you baww out time and time again without anything being done and its quite pathetic that you haven't got a clue. You have been rude to members trying to give you solid criticism and you have been rude to the moderation staff during your time on this site. Here you are again making an unnecessary scene. Im quite done with this whole drama. If you want, PM an Admin about your ban but I am locking this.

_________________
Art Blog
Art Thread


Top Top
Profile      
 

    Perihelion
  Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:49 pm
Peril Hellion
User avatar
Sponsor

Inept Evil Stooge
RKO, the Introductions board is for alerting the community about absences and arrivals, not unnecessary "maybe going to leave" threads. It's been our longstanding policy to enforce absences after dramatic farewells.

Introductions Rules and Guidelines wrote:
If you say that you are going to leave, do it. Posting a dramatic farewell, then dragging it out for weeks tends to attract spam & flaming, and will be dealt with swiftly & accordingly.

Your ban was in violation of the rules and is therefore justified. In the future, please PM an administrator if you take issue with a ban. We do, in fact, listen carefully to complaints, but stirring up more drama precluded any meager sympathy we might have otherwise had for you.

_________________


Top Top
Profile      
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

We are an independent, not-for-profit game making community.
Homepage
Board Index
About Us
Downloadable Games
Free Browser Games
Games in Development
RPG Maker Support
Game Maker Support
Construct 2 Support
HBGames the eZine
Advanced RPG Maker
Site Announcements
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group