[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Amy
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:35 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

1. Did you know we had them?
2. Have you ever used them?
3. Would you ever now that you know?

These buttons, below "report post" on the first post of threads, allow you to share the thread amongst various social media and content sharing sites: stumbleupon, digg, reddit, del.icio.us, twitter, and facebook.

Just a little call out because I know I did a bad job of promoting all these little mods when I made them.

Top Top

Holder
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:04 am
Dancing on the sand.

I recognise the t and f, though like I mentioned in the other topic I'm not one for using these sites.

To be honest, even hovering over them for the redirect link name I'm not even sure I've ever heard of some of those before, gawd I hate it when you get the moments of feeling old.

Top Top

glorious caesar
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:03 am

Warnings: 1
what those icons should be instantly recognizeable to anybody with an internet connection: stumbleupon, digg, reddit, delicious, twitter and facebook.

hey guess what: it's not hard and this is 2011 and everyone should know these things. this is the way the world functions now: social media sites are a MASSIVE HUB of information.

these are good, amy. not only is it a nice feature but these days it's pretty much NECESSARY for a website. awesome job for you guys trying to keep these forums relevant in the modern web. i mean people aren't going to be using them much because there's still a big "my irl friends use facebook i dont wanna share hbgams w/ them" mentality but that's going away as our culture evolves to become more and more netbased.

Top Top

glorious caesar
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:04 am

Warnings: 1
although personally i think there might be a better PLACE to put them. like maybe next to the quote button or can you float them on the right side of the bar with the username and the postdate? actually yeah dude i think that would be a great place for them

Top Top

Spoo
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:02 am
Certified Bad Pun Aficionado
Sponsor

Party Mascot
I've always been aware of their presence, I just don't frequent social networking sites or anything of that sort (which is likely why I rarely have any idea of what's happening atn but whatevs).

But I see their usefulness. Do what Des said; they're awkward where they are currently.

SMITE | PATH OF EXILE | BATTLEBLOCK

Top Top

Juan J. Sánchez
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 am
I'm a doctor in Costa Rica.
Sponsor

Party Mascot

1. No.
2. No.
3. No.

Top Top

bacon
  Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:48 am
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot
I knew that they were there but yeah,
I didnt know what half of them were like holder

I dont think its not knowing the internet. Tbh, if you dont really explore and browse it constantly then I think its safe to say that you wont know what half of those are

Even when you named them I still have never heard of StumbleUpon or Delicious and a vaguely know what Reddit is

but yeah, Ive always known they were here and they look nice~

Top Top