Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Amy
  Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:11 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
That could be the first step, a minicontest to make the best base sprite. Winner gets to be the sprite.

Also I thought about Canvas, but there might be an issue overlaying it on the existing EXP bar images. A transparent PNG can be.

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:16 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I've just thought about a potentially crazy idea...

What about an API for RPG Maker that works like Miis?

An interface where you type in your HBGames username, it connects to the web, and grabs some information about you. (Nothing personal like passwords, just integers for the items you're holding and how your sprite looks). You can then play that game as your character.

Silly idea? It'd be easy to implement. I know a simple way to do it via PHP/HTTP, have used it before for a different purpose.

Top Top

Xilef
  Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:21 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Princess Amy wrote:
I've just thought about a potentially crazy idea...

What about an API for RPG Maker that works like Miis?

An interface where you type in your HBGames username, it connects to the web, and grabs some information about you. (Nothing personal like passwords, just integers for the items you're holding and how your sprite looks). You can then play that game as your character.

Silly idea? It'd be easy to implement. I know a simple way to do it via PHP/HTTP, have used it before for a different purpose.

That's something I was planning on mentioning in the future, so we'd pull XML/JSON information on a person's skin setup, but with that I was also thinking of doing full username API stuff, so developers can reward users on the forum with skins from their game; an example would be a full set of clothes based on the main character of a game.
EDIT: We could even do something like unlocks in games for if you have an account on the forum, so a room would open up filled with junk if you sign in on the forums.

I made my doll bases in a couple of minutes, I'm not a spriter but the pose I was going for was easy to accessorise, you can attach a yo-yo, a sombrero and a shield to my template easy in my opinion, I believe this should be what the base goes for, not a front-facing pose or a stiff-arm pose, something where we can attach weapons, armours, capes and not have it so some items are 4px in size due to obscured angles.

I'd like to see a template that is facing semi-side-on so we can have rucksacks/jetbacks as items.

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:38 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Online/offline button replaced and little doobries moved next to usernames. I never noticed how unreadable sponsor usernames are before...

(Actually took some doing as I had to move everything to take the username bar into the same scope)

Top Top

Injury
  Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:58 am
Ṱ̻̘o҉̸̴̮̬͉o̹̬̰ M̠͍͍͡a̧̺ǹ͍̝y̢̞̮̯ C̳͚͇̻̬͝o̴̡̲̼͕ͅo̶̢̧̠̫̹̳̬̣̭k̶̻̫̯s̴̰͖̭̟̱̯̀͜

Generic Townsperson
Looks pretty awesome!

Top Top

Xilef
  Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:54 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Princess Amy wrote:
Also I thought about Canvas, but there might be an issue overlaying it on the existing EXP bar images. A transparent PNG can be.

Canvas supports transparent backgrounds, it would work fine (My HBGames animated logo is an example of this)

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:57 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Thanks, will go down that route then.

Top Top

Jumping Jack Flash
  Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:43 pm

L1 Slime
ok this is sounding a better idea now. also like the new badges.

Top Top

Amy
  Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:19 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Added gold for now. Any suggestions as to algorithms are welcome, but I won't say what it actually is. Keeps it interesting. Generally, you've got to participate to accumulate.

Top Top

Amy
  Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:52 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
So, gold will now accumulate as you participate in the site. Certain actions will yield a higher possibility of getting gold. You'll never know what they are though. As an example, however, such things might include commenting on a picture (but not posting one) in the mapping improvement thread, or welcoming a member to the site. (But might not! It's a mystery.) Just participate, and you'll notice your gold start to rise as you do stuff.

Top Top

Jason
  Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:47 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
... So someone might welcome a new member and get gold, whereas someone else could do the same and might not get gold?

Top Top

Amy
  Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:02 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Nah I'm just saying it may or may not be a way of getting gold.

Maybe this secrecy thing isn't such a good idea.

Top Top

Jason
  Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:00 pm
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
Honestly, it really isn't...

Top Top

Injury
  Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Generic Townsperson
I don't think we need a public display of gold. It should be in the user panel. I don't go around telling everyone I have 23.60 in my wallet do I?

MAYBE I DO.

Top Top

Xilef
  Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:33 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

Making it hidden sounds good, at least keep it hidden until there is a use for it (might be cool to have people unaware that their posts have earned them gold, so they would be surprised that they fan buy stuff for their doll when that gets announced)

Top Top

Amy
  Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:57 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Makes sense to me.

Top Top

Injury
  Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:05 am

Generic Townsperson
For now, yea behind the scenes until things are figured out, but ultimately throw it on the user control panel would be appropriate.

Top Top