Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Amy
  Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:57 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I reckon I can manipulate the forum system enough with minimal actual work ( :thumb: ) to create this:

Games get:

- A game page (forum post formatting)
- Comments (standard forum posts)
- Reviews section (forum threads attached to that thread that anyone can create and then anyone else can comment on)
- Dev Blog section (again, threads attached to that thread that only the dev can post and then anyone can comment on)
- Screenshots (a gallery like viewforum.php?f=324 attached to the thread that anybody can post in)
- Download link (replaced with "see post" if none available)

However, it would still be considerable work so I need to know if it'd be worthwhile.

Can I have some thoughts?

Basically, work-wise, it's just three additional forums (dev blogs, screenshots, reviews) with some programming to have threads tagged with thread IDs. Clicking dev blogs would actually do a forum search for threads tagged with that thread ID in the dev blogs forum.

Top Top

Injury
  Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:42 am
Ṱ̻̘o҉̸̴̮̬͉o̹̬̰ M̠͍͍͡a̧̺ǹ͍̝y̢̞̮̯ C̳͚͇̻̬͝o̴̡̲̼͕ͅo̶̢̧̠̫̹̳̬̣̭k̶̻̫̯s̴̰͖̭̟̱̯̀͜

Generic Townsperson
I'd say have the game pages allow for a header of sort prior to the "forum" based content. I'd like to see a mockup of what you think it will be, but my idea is:

HBG logo
Menu Bar
Game Summary content, including title, graphic, video/photo slide show, brief discription, site user rating, etc etc
update activity/dev blog entries
download link
forum post format, ie comments and etc

comments should go last. If you are trying to push a product, you sell at video/screenies description and then download link prior to comments.

that being said, I like where the download link is already, but also include it after the summary

I really want to see you stray away from forum based things, to something dedicated to a game.

I'll get drunk and work on a mockup at some point tonight.

<3<3

Thank you!

Top Top

Amy
  Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:52 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
This is how it'd look, altogether. (Order of the tabs isn't important as that can be changed.)

So, hopefully, while it's based on the forum, it feels like an area for that particular game.

Top Top