Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

9robin3
  Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:21 pm
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
Hi again, HBgames. I have been working on a Game Maker 8 Game for the last weeks. Now I have occured 2 strange errors I don't understand. The first is totally out of logics, the second one I recognise, but I don't know WHY it occurs. The second error is an error like this "the program has stopped working and windows is trying to find a solution to the problem". First it freezes the game and when it tries to find a solution it is just shut down. Totally.

the first error message:

the second (in game) error message:

^in swedish ("the program has stopped working and windows is trying to find a solution to the problem."The button says: "close program")

(A THIRD ERROR APPERS SOMETIMES AS WELL):

A VIDEO OF HOW MY ERROR APPEARS:

I have heard that these errors appear if you have to large / many sprites and / or sounds, backgrounds. Is this why these errors occur or WHY do they occur? I will not be able to upload this game if these errors persists.

EDIT: I NOW have a valid bought version of GM 8.0 Pro. (had problems earlier with licencing).

Is it a stack load problem maybe? I have a lot of auto-saves in the game. If so, is there a code to REFRESH stack and DELETE "old" information? I have my objects being destroyed once 'outside room' and so on. I also have a lot of persistent objects.

I DO have persistent objects following through all rooms (about 50 rooms) though...Does that have to do with this?

Please help!

Thanks in advice!

MY YOUTUBE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Last edited by 9robin3 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Top Top

bacon
  Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:23 pm
butts n booties
Staff

Party Mascot
You should try and make a copy of the file and then delete some resources to see if the problem persists.

Top Top

HiPoyion
  Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 pm
S Q U E E Z Y T R I G G E R
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I've spoken to my brother last night and he mentioned something about game maker. Apparently with the latest build of Game Maker, people are having trouble previewing their games. Have you updated recently or anything? I'm not sure if this is relevant, but those aren't really errors I recognize... Obviously I get the "This program has stopped working" one, but the other I don't get.
Maybe it is as you say, perhaps you have to many sprites, sounds, bgs and other stuff.
Otherwise I don't know. Hope this/someone else knows whats wrong. I would check Yoyos forums too.

Hope you get the help you need :3

Top Top

9robin3
  Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:17 am
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
I deleted some resoures and I don't come over the error as often as before. But I will update if the problems return (they don't come ALL THE TIME AFTER ALL). Thank you guys!

EDIT: The problem persists. It comes in periods.Sometimes ALL THE FREAKI'N time and sometimes not as much. Then I made 1 SPRITE bigger (600 x 400), and deleted some recources. It apperas that there are more "stuff" to load later in the game, because it works well in the first levels / rooms. Shouldn't I have resized that SPRITE?
Will it help if I upgrade to GM 8.1?

MY YOUTUBE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top

9robin3
  Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:16 am
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
HELP PLZ!

EDIT: I have now deleted about 12 objects (& sprites), 2 sounds and 5 backgrounds and the problem keeps coming.
I can't find a thing aroudn the net why it does that. Can somebody please help? I have a cracked version of GM, but I usually DON'T encounter problems (at all!) though I have a cracked version.

Is it a stack load problem maybe? I have a lot of auto-saves in the game. If so, is there a code to REFRESH stack and DELETE "old" information?

Thanks in advice!

MY YOUTUBE

GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top

9robin3
  Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:39 pm
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
Help!! REALLY-.-

MY YOUTUBE

GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:50 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Are the objects/projectiles being deleted once they are off screen? It's the only thing I can think of after seeing your video.

Top Top

9robin3
  Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 pm
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
coyotecraft wrote:
Are the objects/projectiles being deleted once they are off screen? It's the only thing I can think of after seeing your video.

Yes I have checked that too. All bullets / ships are deleted once 'outside room'

EDIT: I DO have persistent objects following through all rooms (about 50 rooms) though...Does that have to do with this?

MY YOUTUBE

GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
It could well be. I seem to remember some event commands to check how many of each event there are, this might help, just checking to see if there is an insane amount and then whittling them off as you go.

Top Top

9robin3
  Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:13 pm
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
Amy wrote:
It could well be. I seem to remember some event commands to check how many of each event there are, this might help, just checking to see if there is an insane amount and then whittling them off as you go.

do you know these events / codes? It would help very much!!

I have googled this and there REALLY really isn't much that comes up about a similar probem(s).

MY YOUTUBE

GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top