Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next
    Dargor
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:24 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Final Fantasy VI SDK
Version:Alpha 4.0

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Image Image Image Image Image

Latest News
Final Fantasy VI SDK On Social Networks
Want to stay in touch and receive more frequent update son the project? Maybe you just want to say hello or ask a question? Now you can!
The Final Fantasy VI SDK now has a Facebook and Tumblr page along this thread and it's recent Sourceforge page!
Read this post for more information.

Final Fantasy VI SDK now on Sourceforge.net

Project Details

The Final Fantasy VI SDK is a starter development kit for RPG Maker XP.
The goal of this SDK is to provide all the default systems from Final Fantasy 6, including a complete database, audio/graphical resources and new RGSS scripts.

Production History (as of September 2013)

This project started being developped on RPG Maker XP using RGSS1 as a base for programming. Now it is running on the latest version of RGSS3 but is still being worked on in the RPG Maker XP editor. Below you will find more technical details about the Final Fantasy VI SDK and also a list of tools that I am using along with RPG Maker XP.

Technical Details

This section is dedicated to various media such as images and videos of the SDK. Because an image is worth a thousand words.

Media Gallery

In an effort to be as transparent as possible during the development of this project, I have decided to upload the project on SourceForge.net.
From there, you can subscribe to the project and stay informed of any changes at any time. You are also welcome to test the SDK to find bugs, errors, crashes, etc. and open Tickets to help me fix all of these as fast as possible!

Final Fantasy VI SDK on Sourceforge.net
Read this post for more information!

Older versions and demos.

If you have any questions about this project, you can first start by reading this FAQ to see if your question has already be answered.
If you can't find the answer you were looking for, feel free to ask it directly in this thread! I am always happy to answers any questions!

Frequently Asked Questions

I cannot take all the credit, there is so much I could not have done by myself.
This is why I have dedicated a section to thank people that have contributed to this project, either directly or indirectly.
To all of you, THANK YOU!!!

Special Thanks

Stay in touch, ask me anything, receive updates and try out the lastest versions!

Tutorials

Last edited by Dargor on Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:26 am, edited 45 times in total.

Top Top

Skyla Doragono
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:37 pm
The World is Shit
Retired Staff

Sewer Rat

I think it's wonderful that you're rebuilding FF6's system in RMXP...

...but isn't calling it an "SDK" kinda... erm... what's the word I'm looking for...?

Anyway, looking forward to it. If you need help getting sprites, I'll be happy to help (need an excuse to play through that game anyway...).

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:41 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Your help would be appreciated! And the reason I used the word SDK is because it's a ff6 Starter Development Kit! Doesn't it make sens?? :S

Tutorials

Top Top

Amy
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:45 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Indeed. SDK wasn't invented by Near and co, it's a commonly used term. (i.e. Visual Studio SDK).

Top Top

Skyla Doragono
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:47 pm
The World is Shit
Retired Staff

Sewer Rat

Boy I seem to be on a rolling hill of stupidity today. Now all I need is a DURRR emoticon and I'll be all set.

*goes to grab some game genie codes, a ginger ale, and get PSP8 ready*

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:50 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

[QUOTE=Skyla_Doragono;110874]
*goes to grab some game genie codes, a ginger ale, and get PSP8 ready*[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to read this! Thanks:P
hmmm now its my turn to ask a stupid question. What's PSP8 ?? :-/

Tutorials

Top Top

Kiniko
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:55 pm

FF6 is a perfect game. I look very forward to seeing more of this! By the way, put Biggs in brackets beside the name Vicks in the faceset section of the graphics.

Also, why are there "pending" features? You have to add them to make it FF6. Rename it to "un-completed" features if you plan to add them.

Top Top

Skyla Doragono
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:57 pm
The World is Shit
Retired Staff

Sewer Rat

[QUOTE=Dargor;110877]I'm glad to read this! Thanks:P
hmmm now its my turn to ask a stupid question. What's PSP8 ?? :-/[/QUOTE]

Paintshop Pro 8. Graphics program. Great (imho) for pixels and not much else.

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:59 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

[QUOTE=Kiniko;110882]FF6 is a perfect game. I look very forward to seeing more of this! By the way, put Biggs in brackets beside the name Vicks in the faceset section of the graphics.[/QUOTE]

If the majority of you want a non-american version of this SDK, I will do it ;)

... I'd like to add a poll for this but it seems impossible :(

Tutorials

Top Top

Skyla Doragono
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:06 pm
The World is Shit
Retired Staff

Sewer Rat

Well, you WERE preaching about the difference between FF3a and FF6j... one would assume you'd use the Japanese names.

Top Top

Dargor
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:29 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Indeed. But in fact, i don't mind. Yes, I prefer some names in the japanese version but I won't make this script SDK only for me!

Tutorials

Top Top

Sol_Fury
  Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:45 pm

I've got a suggestion for implementing the battle algorithms. The big problem with those is it factors player and monster level into the calculations. Player Level is no biggie, you can do that using attacker.level but it'll fail for monsters as you can't define their level.
However, with a bit of work, you might be able to eliminate the use of the ATK stat and transfer its functions to STR, then rewrite ATK to be the actor's level and use the monster's ATK to set its level. I'm not intimately familiar with the algorithms, but that was something that when I tried cloning them for my RPG needed to be worked around.

Top Top

Jennestia
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:11 am
Sponsor

Seeing as I'm native Japanese, I've never actually played any translated/later released FFs, would it be possible to do both?

Top Top

Mac
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:10 am

This should really belong inside New Projects....as its more than just scripts.

Standard Development Kits are a mix of areas and therefore technically classifed as a precustom set up game...unless i'm wrong then please correct me.

I like this idea alot though

Top Top

Kururu
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:51 am

This will be good when it is done.

Top Top

shinasura
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:55 pm

NOt to be the one to ruin your fun but copying a game like this would be breach of copyright

Top Top

Armor King 108
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:38 pm

If I recall correctly, Final Fantasy VI has some wacky stat business going on.

Like, Evade does nothing, while Mblock does everything...255% Mblock makes you untouchable. Vigor has little effect on how much damage you actually do, Speed doesn't do all that much either. Then again, this info is all from a FAQ I read...

Also, don't forgot the good ol' Vanish + Doom = Instant Win...
Speaking of Vanish, are you gonna make a State like it? Or has someone already done it? You know, avoid physical attacks but unable to dodge magic attacks and magic attacks do more damage (I THINK!) and cancel the Vanish state?

And will you make Sketch have a chance of glitching your files? That would be awesome!

Anyway...I'd like to see how this goes. I rather like FFVI, and one of my projects stars Mog from FFVI (the other characters are from different games though)...and it would be neat having a bunch of features and stuff that work like FFVI.

Top Top

Unrivaledneo
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:39 pm

OOO this is looking good can not wait to see more, I also found a script somewhere with a blitz system if u want me to dig it out for you?

Top Top

Prexus
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:46 pm
Sponsor

[QUOTE=Armor King 108;111306]If I recall correctly, Final Fantasy VI has some wacky stat business going on.

Like, Evade does nothing, while Mblock does everything...255% Mblock makes you untouchable. Vigor has little effect on how much damage you actually do, Speed doesn't do all that much either. Then again, this info is all from a FAQ I read...[/quote]

128% Mblock makes you untouchable I think.

As far as stats go, Dargor/Sol_Fury.

GameFAQs by Master ZED wrote:
0 Guard

Found at: Narshe (Vicks/Wedge/Terra raid), Vector

Level: 5 HP: 40 MP: 15 Exp: 48 GP: 48

Bat.Pwr : 16 Speed : 30 Hit Rate: 100 Mag.Pwr : 6
Defense : 100 Evade : 0 Mag.Def : 140 M.Block : 0

Steal: Potion, Tonic
Win: Tonic
Morph: Antidote, Green Cherry, Eyedrop, Soft
Morph miss %: 0%

Absorb:
Nullify:
Weakness: Poison

Rage: Battle, Special
Sketch: Battle, Battle
Control: Battle

Protected against:

Special Info: Human

Regular weapon graphic: Dirk
Special Attack: Critical (Attack LV. 1)

Stats : f0200 Rage : f4800 Sketch : f4500 Control : f3f00
Steal/Win : f3200 Cmd. pointer : f8600 Sprite : 127200

These are the typical stats of any given enemy.
(ff6 stat name = rmxp stat name)
Bat. PWR = Strength (STR)
Speed = Agility (AGI)
Defense = PDEF
Hit Rate = Dexterity (DEX)
Mag PWR = Intelligence (INT)
Mag DEF = MDEF
MBlock = Evade
(The enemy's "Vigor" is randomly assigned between 55 and 63 at the beginning of each fight)

Assuming you will fix the evade bug yourself, you made need to change MBlock with Evasion = Evade, and somehow incorperate MBlock elsewhere (those are the only stats Monsters have in the database).

Additionally, you need the character's level. I made this quick script:

Expand to see the code.

Now you name your enemies as something like Guard|5 and the number after the | becomes the level, easy enough.

I've also gone ahead and done that, and all the algorithms in RMXP, I suppose I can post that for you.

Expand to see the code.

You need to use the .damage_effect method now, instead of attack_effect and skill_effect. To use it properly, if you send it one parameter (a object) it will assume an attack.. such as..

target_battler.damage_effect(@active_battler)

And if you want it to be a skill attack, you just do

target_battler.damage_effect(@active_battler, )

I got almost all my information from:
FF6 Damage Algorithms by Terii Senshi

GFX Ripping requests with scripting rewards:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74252
http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74253 [self completed]

Last edited by Prexus on Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Dargor
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:13 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

First of all, Thank you everybody for your help.

About the algorithm, every stats are important. I have every algorithm ff6 uses. If you want to know more about that, click here.
It's the same algorithm you mention, Prexus

@Prexus
Your algorithm is interresting, it's almost exactly the same attack algoruthm as ff6. Well, i'm sure that it's the exact same thing! But, to rewrite the whole algorithm, i'll have to add new parameters.

Your enemy level script is nice but wouldn't it be more simple to use Seph's dynamic enemies script?

EDIT:
Ahh nevermind, with your script, level aren't set with the party's average level.
Thanks!

To make the database and algorithm, i'm using Lord J's editors. They gave me every informations I want about enemies, weapons, items, ect.

@shinasura
Making a replica of those systems isn't illegal. If it was illegal, then a lot of scripts here are illegal.

@Razaroic
Yes, i can do both of 'em

Tutorials

Last edited by Dargor on Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Prexus
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:22 pm
Sponsor

Yes you're right you'll have to add parameters, but I was just showing you how I did it.

Those algorithms are exact except they don't account for the specific weapons (such as Fixed Dice). I also didn't add anything for damage being dealt FROM the back row (it works if the enemy is attacking a player in the back row, but not if a backrow player is attacking an enemy)

GFX Ripping requests with scripting rewards:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74252
http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=74253 [self completed]

Top Top

Zodiac
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:25 pm

Awsome work! I look forward to more progress =)

Top Top

Chaos_Prime
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:48 pm

Well if you can create the battle system I'm all for it.
Because IMO Final Fantasy 6 is the best Final Fantasy game to date. I mean were else can you see a world almost get destroyed by an insane clown?

Top Top

Trickster
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:52 pm

Moved to New Projects since there is no script or demo

Top Top

Dargor
  Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:11 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

[QUOTE=Chaos_Prime;111494]Well if you can create the battle system I'm all for it.
Because IMO Final Fantasy 6 is the best Final Fantasy game to date. I mean were else can you see a world almost get destroyed by an insane clown?[/QUOTE]

Well, if anybody, like Prexus, keep up helping me like this, you'll have a pretty good SDK ;)

@Prexus
The algorithm you wrote is perfect for now. I'm starting to work on the battle system and there's no need to add any special algorithm neither for the weapons nor for the back row right now. Thank you, it saves me time.

Tutorials

Last edited by Dargor on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Granas3 REMIXED
  Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:48 am

Are you using ripped grahics for this? because i think it would look cool with rtp style. (but i just gennerally think rtps sprites rock.)

Top Top

OdioOmnus
  Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:45 pm

If you need the FF6 sounds, google for Kefka's Revenge, a Sphere fangame. It has A LOT OF the sounds. If I were you I'd ask permission from the creator first though.

Top Top

sandgolem
  Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:38 am

Quote:
If I were you I'd ask permission from the creator first though.

SquareEnix would say no. They have a blanket "no fangames" policy, or used to anyways.

Top Top

Dargor
  Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:34 pm
Retired Staff

Party Mascot

Yeeah, I'm using Kefka's Revenge to rip some tilesets and characters.
About the copyrights, first of all, to rip isn't illegual (too many people are using rips) and i'm sure that i don't need to ask the permission to squarsoft 'cause i'm not making any money with that and i will not say that i'm the one who has made the graphics and music! That would be illegial! :P

By the way, here's a little update!

The main menu is almost finished, except the skill menu. I still need to make the esper system. I'll add some pictures tonight!

Thanks for your support!

-Dargor

Tutorials

Last edited by Dargor on Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

supmith
  Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:42 pm

holy cow, this thing is amazing bro, keep up the good work.

long live FF6

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1550 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 52  Next