Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
    DeM0nFiRe
  Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 am

Yeah, haha I don't think so.

Like I said, whoever does this with me has got to be pretty comfortable with 3D math.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

Kool Dude
  Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:25 am

ARGH!!!!
Oh no!!!
Someone! Anyone!!

HELP THIS MAN OUT!

Have you tried asking anyone at another forum maybe?
Perhaps, where there are a lot of smart people like you?

Top Top

Popper42
  Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:28 pm

ah come on dont stop now its so close mega support for ya demon :)

Top Top

Ricoman
  Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:24 pm
3D ambassador to RMXP

sooooo.......uhm...

is this thing still alive? or has it died in its sleep?

that would really be too bad :cry:

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:50 pm

I am going to finish it, I've asked glitch finder to help me make some demo scenes for it once I finish the API. It will just be a couple weeks before I start working on it again.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

Kool Dude
  Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:23 am

Woohoo!!!

It's still alive!
:biggrin:

Lookin' forward to these demo scenes!

Top Top

Ricoman
  Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:24 am
3D ambassador to RMXP

Hey Demo, did I ever send you the models, or was it just the pictures? I still have em if you want em...

will try to do a few more, sorry I've been out of it lately. Just got married, moved, changed job status, etc...kinda busy lol

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:42 am

At the moment it's on hold. I'm pissed that so many people decrypted it after I asked them not to. I'm working on some other things now until I decide what to do with this one.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

ShadowIce
  Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:10 pm

DemonFire, Despite it being on hold I think you should reconsider. I would LOVE to be a beta tester on your encrypted 3D demo! I don't want to see this as a dead project. So what if a few people decrypted your project? You created it, therefore, that gives you the automatic right to tell people they have copyright infringed your program, and they can get in alot of trouble for it.

Top Top

ShadowIce
  Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Who agrees w/ me? Should he continue to work on this?

Top Top

Ricoman
  Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:38 pm
3D ambassador to RMXP

OK Demo, then what do I do with these models?

:sad:

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:50 am

I dunno, just keep them for now. Don't bother making any more for now.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

Ricoman
  Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:11 pm
3D ambassador to RMXP

Hey Demo I found someone else doing 3D in RMXP. I think I'm just going to give him the models and work with him. It sucks to have to give up on this project with you but hey I can't sit around forever waiting for you to make up your mind. =(

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Sure, go for it, I've got nothing against that.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

Marin S.J.
  Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Great work I got two of your demos and they are amazing

Last edited by Marin S.J. on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top Top

Maneo
  Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:02 pm
Sponsor

Please finish this. It looks great. It would be so awesome to make a 3d game with this.

Keep going!

:biggrin:

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Nah, I mean, the main reason I did it was to see if I could. I was going to continue it, but most of the people decrypted it when I asked them not to, so I don't really have an interest in finishing this. I learned what I needed to learn from it, so I am happy with it as is :P

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

arev
  Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:55 pm
The Replicator Block
Sponsor

What about the promisses to the community? Forgot about them? ; )
Anyway, for anyone who wants to make a 3D game - check out Unity3D engine. It's more complex than RM an probably will require a help of a scripter, but the possibilities are near endless.

Top Top

Ricoman
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:22 am
3D ambassador to RMXP

DeM0nFiRe wrote:
Nah, I mean, the main reason I did it was to see if I could. I was going to continue it, but most of the people decrypted it when I asked them not to, so I don't really have an interest in finishing this. I learned what I needed to learn from it, so I am happy with it as is :P

So...it was really just all about you, then? that's pretty sick IMO...

I didn't do all the work I did just so you could "be happy with it as it is"

if you don't want people decrypting it then don't post demos...find people in the real world you trust and have them do the beta testing. Simple solution.

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:14 am

Ahahaha, that's pretty funny. Obviously my asking you to do art wasn't just to see if I could ask you to do art, use some common sense. By the time I started asking for help, then I had switched to trying to make it useful for others. Then those people started decrypting it, so I have no reason to finish it. Like I said, it's not about the fact that people saw the code, it's about the fact that people decrypted it when I clearly didn't want it decrypted. If people can't do me that courtesy, why should I do them any favors? I've got a lot of other things to be working on, and I'm not gonna waste my time on something that isn't going to help me in any way at all when the only people it will help can't give me any common courtesies.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

Jason
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:17 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson
By your theory, directors should stop making films and game devs should stop making games, because people are pirating their products... yet they still carry on and satisfy the customer...

Seems you're just being a whiny bitch because you're scared that a few people have decrypted it, which by the way, doesn't hinder your progress in the slightest...

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:25 am

Derr, way to not read my post at all. I said the fact that I asked them not to and they did anyway bothers me. It doesn't matter whether YOU think it is a big deal, because I've never made it a secret how I feel about pirating and such things.

Oh, also, terrible analogy there. Your examples were industries where money is involved. This was just me using my time to try to do something useful for people, and people clearly didn't want to do me that small favor of leaving my stuff alone. I've got a ton of stuff I need to do, and I am not going to dwell on one thing like this if people don't appreciate it (Oh, but people make enough noise when I decide to stop. I think people could have figured out ahead of time that decrypting my shit would piss me off)

EDIT: The only one who actually has a reason to have a problem with this is Ricoman because he did put work into it, but all I can say to him is he's I put work into it as well, and in the end it was practice for both of us. I would have liked it to have turned out different, but my schedule for what projects I work on is very full and I just can't justify working on something that has no benefit to me and only benefits people who couldn't do that one simple thing I asked.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

Jason
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:33 am
Awesome Bro

Generic Townsperson

Top Top

Amy
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:40 am
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I never understood why it was encrypted in the first place, but hey, to each their own.

Unfortunately if you post something like this it is going to get decrypted. It's just a fact of life.

When I posted Vengeance, seven people decrypted it, even had fun with two guys who edited the database and their sprites etc. But that was 7 out of a total of 100 players, who I know about, so just imagine how many more kept quiet.

I'm not trying to defend the decrypters or anything, I am just saying the fact people did decrypt it is a silly reason to give up on a cool project.

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:47 am

Well, like I said, it bothers me more than it bothers most people. In the future, I just won't release demos, but on this particular project, it just bothers me too much that people couldn't do that one little thing for me. I mean, while I was on the IRC channel talking about how I was pissed off, more people we sending me PMs asking me why I did X thing in the code and crap like that. It was just completely ridiculous. I'm working on other things now that will hopefully be of use to some people, but it'll also benefit me. Maybe those things will go better.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

Ricoman
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:04 am
3D ambassador to RMXP

DeM0nFiRe wrote:
I'm working on other things now that will hopefully be of use to some people, but it'll also benefit me. Maybe those things will go better.

well, I'm glad to hear that :smile:

if you can use any of what I've done or want something more along those lines, I'm more than willing to help. Just this time, please don't pull the plug if someone hacks you off...there's got to be a way to finish this without putting it into the wrong hands too early :wink:

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:21 am

Well, yeah, I won't release demos for people to decrypt anymore! Oh, also, the stuff I am working on now doesn't require anyone else's help, so I can do all of it myself. Another problem with this project was that, of the 4 or 5 people I tried to get help me, you were the only one who was actually doing anything.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

Zeriab
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:26 am
Hugging Lion
Sponsor

Have you considering opening up this project so others can continue working on it?

Top Top

9robin3
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:10 am
Robin Andblom

Party Mascot
wow, is this hard to do? :)

MY YOUTUBE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GAMES IN PROGRESS:

Top Top

DeM0nFiRe
  Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Actually, no, it's really not hard to do.The hardest part of the whole thing is just making a scheme to keep track of objects on both the dll side and the RGSS side.

I didn't open source it, because if someone can't come up with a scheme of their own to do that (And someone should be able to come up with something better than what I did anyway) then there's really not much they could do with the project. In other words, this project was more about design than it was about actually coding it.

) # $ ) ) #
^ $ & % $ ( # @*
# ) * % ) $

Top Top

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next