Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

aphadeon
  Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:16 pm
1987-2023
Staff

Generic Townsperson
I can make the window resizable, but not the box itself.
It would be better if I just made a larger box.

I'll have it done sometime soon.

Top Top

Ellie
  Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:38 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Not something I particularly find troublesome BUT something which comes up a lot in the "anti-rmxp" argument, is the 999 limit on seemingly anything. Out of curiosity, can such limits be lifted with an... "unspecific program patch"?

Top Top

aphadeon
  Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:08 pm
1987-2023
Staff

Generic Townsperson
That's a good question. I'm not sure offhand, but I'll give it a shot and post my results later.

Top Top

TickTock
  Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Amazing, brilliant. : )

Any update on the Call Script box enlargement?

@Kain Nobel: Wait, what, I never knew about that Batch Text feature. @_@ Helpful to know!

Top Top

aphadeon
  Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:59 am
1987-2023
Staff

Generic Townsperson
Sorry about the delays. I'm working on a funding project for Breeze, which demands a lot of my attention. I only have another week or so to go, at which point I'll be coming home and fixing up these loose ends again.

As far as lifting the 999 limits, I don't believe so. It's a hardcoded limit. I'll see what I can do though, when I get back.

Top Top

Comp0
  Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:46 pm

So,with a patch,you can edit the code,or what?
Depending on what you can and cannot edit, there is real potential here.

I will have to look into this more,being a programmer myself,perhaps I can try for a 4th map layer..

Top Top

aphadeon
  Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:51 am
1987-2023
Staff

Generic Townsperson
I was supposed to be back by now, but still suffering some echoing delays.
I can't edit code. All I can edit is the API calls to windows elements. Basically, the interface. Not hard to do if you can use Google, and read Russian (it's a russian... utility that exposes the interface.) If others want to try this, I advise you to pay attention to the security system on the file. My work does not adversely affect security in any way. Our goal is to support Enterbrain, not harm them by detracting from the security of the product.
It takes a little more homework, but it's worth the time. Good educational project, as well.

I tried increasing the box size for the 999 limits, but it's being called from hardcode. If someone can identify the compiled (machine code) language it's in (assuming some kind of ASM) with a specific model number, I can lift that limit. I took apart a Super Mario World rom awhile back, byte by byte, so I'm used to working with compiled opcodes and the like. I knew what model of ASM that was, though. This one isn't even similar, so I'm not sure where to begin.

Top Top

LockeZ
  Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey, this patch is awesome. It makes my life so much easier.

Is there a similar patch to increase the width of the Call Script window? I would love to be able to put scripts in events without having to micromanage the positions of my line breaks so much.

Top Top

Drago del Fato
  Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:29 pm
Dark Slayer

L1 Slime

Jap version was so much easier, all you needed to have was Resou*ce Ha**er.
How does that code look like, that one for changing the show text box? And speaking of ASM, if you can manage to decrypt it, how bout trying to open it through IDA Pro, since it has it's own code signature recognization? :grin:

Who knows, maybe it can help. :huh:

Top Top

Danielle
  Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:08 am

What a useful patch! If only we could get Enterbrain to see their senses and make it an official one. From what I gather, not much changed in 1.04.

Top Top

Saito S
  Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:46 am

Man, I haven't posted here in forever... I recently started messing around with RMXP again after a long hiatus. Saw this thread and was curious... has anyone used this patch with RMXP version 1.04?

I wanted to see if that would work. I thought about trying to get the program onto my netbook (I have it on my desktop, but it'd be neat to be able to work on it on the go), but the thing is, since I JUST downloaded the trial version onto it, it's version 1.04. Whereas the one on my desktop (which I purchased like four years ago) is version 1.02a. So, projects created/modified on the netbook cannot be opened on the desktop. I've been trying to find out if there is a way to update the one on my desktop to 1.04, but I am very interested in this patch, and wonder if it would work with version 1.04...

If it DOESN'T work with 1.04... I would almost rather stick with 1.02a, and not be able to run the program on my netbook. Sure, working on it on the go would be neat, but that 3-line limit thing is damned irritating.

Top Top

Cryranos
  Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:16 pm
i broke it again
Sponsor

I could not manage to make it work with 1.04, but I think if you have the old Protexis .dlls and fix your registry, it could work. I don't know, though.

Top Top

Ellie
  Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:57 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
Backup your files, try it, if it doesn't work, restore your backups.

Top Top

aphadeon
  Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:36 pm
1987-2023
Staff

Generic Townsperson
Is there still a demand for this to be updated to 1.04? If so, I'll look into it. But as doing it without removing security is tricky, I'm only going to invest the time if people still want it.

Top Top

ardow
  Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:37 am

L1 Slime
Dear avarisc,
Sorry for the thread necro but you did ask for replies. I forum registered just to post this reply.

I'm just found RMXP, yep in 2014! The three line limit is in 1.05a and is irritating.
Batch text gets round it sort off but I'm using a text script called AMS & having a wider text entry box with 4 lines as standard would be GREAT.

Please can you look into spending the time updating your patch?
I have tried using your current one but Win8.1 will not load the file so I had to restore my backups of the exe.

Regards,
ardow

Top Top

Ellie
  Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:32 pm
Staff

Omnipresent Merchant
I think I know a way to do it, will have a look if avarisc doesn't get around to it.

Edit: I did it, but I don't know how to turn it into a patch, and can't be going around handing out edited system files from RPG Maker... I'll wait for Avarisc.

Top Top

aphadeon
  Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:24 pm
1987-2023
Staff

Generic Townsperson
Sorry, was ... afk... or whatever the forum equivalent of that is.
They've changed the security/compression format slightly, and I only make patches that leave all security and compression in place. It will take me a bit to get the details worked out, but I'll get it rolling.

Top Top

Glitchfinder
  Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:18 pm
BEWARE: Glitchfinder's sense of humor sucks.
Staff

Party Mascot

avarisc wrote:
Sorry, was ... afk... or whatever the forum equivalent of that is.
They've changed the security/compression format slightly, and I only make patches that leave all security and compression in place. It will take me a bit to get the details worked out, but I'll get it rolling.

I think "absent" or "missing" or "departed" might apply.

Just call me Glitch.

Top Top

aphadeon
  Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:54 pm
1987-2023
Staff

Generic Townsperson
So, after trying to figure out the protection on the exe, one of my tools pointed out it doesn't seem to be protected. So I tried a straight-forward edit, and thought it had worked. But it gives me an application load error. So, apparently there is some protection.

Still looking.

Top Top

Injury
  Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:52 pm
Ṱ̻̘o҉̸̴̮̬͉o̹̬̰ M̠͍͍͡a̧̺ǹ͍̝y̢̞̮̯ C̳͚͇̻̬͝o̴̡̲̼͕ͅo̶̢̧̠̫̹̳̬̣̭k̶̻̫̯s̴̰͖̭̟̱̯̀͜

Generic Townsperson
I doubt this will get updated, but the four line patch for steam version of RMXP doesn't work. Trying to figure it out.

Top Top

Sated
  Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:12 pm
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle

Generic Townsperson

Doesn't ccoa's Universal Message System fix this?

http://save-point.org/thread-2394.html

I used RMXP for such a short amount of time, I forget if it did...

Top Top

Injury
  Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:34 pm
Ṱ̻̘o҉̸̴̮̬͉o̹̬̰ M̠͍͍͡a̧̺ǹ͍̝y̢̞̮̯ C̳͚͇̻̬͝o̴̡̲̼͕ͅo̶̢̧̠̫̹̳̬̣̭k̶̻̫̯s̴̰͖̭̟̱̯̀͜

Generic Townsperson
That .ips file attaches right to the RMXP.exe in the program files dir and resizes the text box to fit four lines of info.

UMS isn't what I'm really looking for, though it might have to be the solution.

I never liked UMS for RMXP, the resolution and font size never seemed to jive well.

Thanks though

Top Top