Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

BizarreMonkey
  Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:53 am
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Omnipresent Merchant

Gotcha covered, Amy.
http://preorder.rpgmakerweb.com/rpg-maker-mv/

This phantom think he funneh.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:02 am
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I'll have to wait a long time to get this, sadly. It's so exciting though!

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:42 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
I won't be getting it right away. I don't think Dies Irae will be moving any time soon, although the resolution would be great for the character art. It would mean rebuilding the battle system in javascript.

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:16 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Man, the demo is pretty sweet. It runs on my kindle, it works really well with the mouse, it's great.

Top Top

arev
  Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:14 pm
The Replicator Block
Sponsor

I've noticed a slight lag between opening the message window and the text being filled. No biggie, I'm really impressed by the availability this gives to RM games. And what's best about it - it practically jumps over Apple's development hassle, should one be planning to release a game for iOS. Chaos is coming. Good thing! @_@

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
I got that too. I'm not sure if they did that themselves though, as there seems to be a pause between chunks of text that they have coded in. Maybe they started each message with that pause for some reason?

Top Top

arev
  Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:21 pm
The Replicator Block
Sponsor

I've started the game a few more times without chaching. Really seems like a content streaming problem. The message pause actually happens only with the first person you talk to, and only once. I also noticed the BGM starting with a couple seconds delay. I'm pretty sure there will be some way to download the data first, before actually running the map.

Top Top

Amy
  Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:31 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy
Can do it the same way I do for Afar, which is a bit rusty but works. Just shove every image in a page and put it in a 1x1 iframe.

...well, it works...

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:14 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
The beta testers have started releasing there games and people are downloading their preorders. It seems the cover art characters are indeed separate dlc. I've already read some disappointment that there wasn't more to them.

I downloaded one game and peaked inside the image folder. The big monsters sprites are odd. I'm not fond of the enemy artwork but its something I think people could have an easier time replicating.
I'm still bummed the tilesets are mostly rehashed VX stuff, at least that's what their game packaged - it didn't have everything in it.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:16 am
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

I'm probably going to end up downloading the trial version to make me feel... better. XD

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:19 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Why?

Apparently there's a performance issues and a problem with autotiles. And even though that added an top layer you can't edit layers individually.

I'm going to download the trial. Getting my hopes up about the battle animation editor. I'm sure I'll be let down.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:14 pm
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Who are you asking why to?

I chose the wrong words - looking at it now. I meant feel better about being broke, since I can pretend I'm messing with something new for a bit. XD

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:15 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Ok, the 256x256 map size sounded bad. But it's actually bigger than what I thought it would be.

The battle animation tab is unchanged from previous versions. That screenshot with the animation cell behind the character was a lie. I thought it might be a character height thing. Like an explosion played on the top character would appear behind the lower characters. But that's not the case; animations are always on top. Still can't change the battle back either.

Top Top

StrawberrySmiles
  Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:32 am
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

There's always ways to change this stuff, though.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:23 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Idk, Animation was a hidden class in the other version. You had to copy stuff out of the help file to see how it handled the Animation cells and and timing.
I'll have to search through the .js to see if their claim of no hidden classes is really true. Looks like its there.
Also, I though you were suppose to be able to change the tilesizes with a plug-in, but I'm starting to think that was a trick with parallax maps and changing character movement, and not an actual change in the map editor.
Edit: I knew it was too good to be true. The plug-in help tells you to make duplicate tilesets; one for the game and one at 48x48 that the editor will display. It works, but shame on whoever was overselling MV capacities - you can do the same thing in the other editors.

Edit 2: Ooo, it plays webm videos. If it support transparencies I might not even need the animation tab...

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:19 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Spent the night playing with plugins and typing out the beginnings of a guide for others.

I found not having the Script Editor really sped things up. Before, you had to close the script editor to playtest. Then when you got an error you'd have to open everything back up again and the cursor would be were the script failed but usually for me the problem was somewhere else and it just took more time to navigate.
But now all I do is ctrl+s, switch windows, and playtest.

Top Top

Xilef
  Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:04 pm
Staff

Big Dumb Guy

coyotecraft wrote:
Spent the night playing with plugins and typing out the beginnings of a guide for others.

I found not having the Script Editor really sped things up. Before, you had to close the script editor to playtest. Then when you got an error you'd have to open everything back up again and the cursor would be were the script failed but usually for me the problem was somewhere else and it just took more time to navigate.
But now all I do is ctrl+s, switch windows, and playtest.

If you use Notepad++ you could probably set up a macro to auto-magically launch the game with debug enabled (if that's still a thing). So that would be 1 more step removed from the process!

Top Top