I intend to make some scripts for RPG Maker MV when it comes out. I'll be making a game with them, but I want to also publish them to the community for folks to use. I would appreciate some input and suggestions if you have any.
Basically it is the MV version of Netplay+
, although it will be a much more polished, but basic, system. It will be more like a kit than a game - you'll use systems in it however you need to in your game.
I know that this is a big promise to make. As this shall form the basis of my own game though, know that if I fail, my game fails too.
- There will not be live player sprites on the screen. This is very resource intensive.
- This will not be a full
MMORPG system in many people's eyes.
This system is based on the proven backbone of Afar
, which, like it or not, has been online for the past five years and basically works
.Current planned featuresSubject to change
• Login and register system (secure, encrypted)
• Server-stored save file
• SimPvP Combat: play an AI controlled version of any real player
• Co-operative events
• In-game chat, powered by IRC (may not be possible, depending on the engine)
-> if not, general in-game chat
• In-game bulletin boards / forums / messaging system
• Wiki-based online manual within the game
• Social media integration
• NPC renditions of real players: though you won't see a player's movements live, you will still see them roaming the map they are in, and you will be able to interact with them: message them, fight them (sim)
• Auction house system
• Automatic game updates
All of this is doable in RPG Maker XP, with a lot of work. I have the system working. RPG Maker MV however will make it easier, faster, and more secure. It's almost built for online gaming.