Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86
    HiPoyion
  Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:16 am
S Q U E E Z Y T R I G G E R
Sponsor

Generic Townsperson

Struggled for a while to get enums to string but the workaround was using preprocessor to define a macro that takes in keys as arguments and puts them both into an enum and a char array.
Was my first time dealing with preprocessor stuff and it's actually really handy.

In all the initial design of the project is finally shaping up, but it's not quite there yet. I'm trying to make my core game loop as professional as possible but I feel that in the end I've just needlessly bloated it. Can't be too hard on myself though. We legit went from project one "In teams of 3 make a game." to project three "In teams of 1 make a game and link it to your own controller that you build yourself." with the exact same timeframe for both assignments.

Edit: Looking into preprocessor macros, looks like you can actually do some cool debug stuff with it! Though I doubt it's something I'll implement for my current game, I would definitely love to do it in a future project.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86