Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96
    coyotecraft
  Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:59 pm
Sponsor

Competent Minion
Oh WHAT!
So in rpg maker you can have events move/turn toward/away from the player. It would be so nice to direct them to other events too without needing to know their location.
Turns out YOU CAN! The "move to player" command uses the method .moveTowardCharacter(), it's hard coded as .moveTowardCharacter($gamePlayer) but using the script line you can substitute $gamePlayer with any event. Even simply drawing another event towards itself using (this).
I can't believe I never knew this before!

There is some quirkiness you should be aware of:
you can use .moveTowardCharacter(this) in the event's own custom route settings and draw another event to itself. However outside of it, say using the event process's Script command, "this" will be interpreted as something else so you have to specify $gameMap.event(whatever#)

Also, in the event's custom move route, "Wait for completion" is locked. One event steps forward and then another event follows. It kinda works for a literal Caterpillar movement, inch by inch. But if you want 2 event-character-segments to move in unison you have to use a script block with parallel process. And let me tell you, it moves fast! Like a split second after loading the map, they're already at their destination. So doing it that way requires some care.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:12 am
Sponsor

Competent Minion
I played around with a lot of different techniques to make this. I think it came out pretty well, but i think it could use a little more tweaking.
I started out with this size. I'm not sure if anyone would want it bigger than this. Making it smaller is a simple task.
The center is about 3 tiles above where you place the event. Make sure you set the event graphic to "Below Character"
test out the character sheet yourself

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:50 am
Riding High above the world, ascended and pure.

Competent Minion

Good news, Pixel Game Maker MV just went on sale at 60% off, from 114 AUD to less then 50 AUD. I snapped it up and will now be able to begin on Crowfeast proper.
https://www.crazychimps.biz/crowfeast
Whenever I feel like getting around to it, anywho~!

Jake got me yet more compositions. Fyori's hero mode / battle theme, and Wi's first battle / hero mode theme. Pro-tip, it will be far from the only one. Each Twin has three main battle tracks, and Yi has a bit of an extra in the calmer-starting 13 Insidious Architect.

And Pjcr got me the fixes for Lily's portraits, her ears are now like a Fennec fox and her angry/alert poses have both arms up.
And so work proceeds apace.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96