Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HOME FORUMS DISCORD GAMES RPG MAKER SEARCH

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2981 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100
    BizarreMonkey
  Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:23 am
An insufferable bitch with inescapable magnetism.

Mysterious Wizard

Location: The Intangible Nexus that divides realities into observable manifestations of being.
Yeah we have very different writing style, but that adversity was what I imagined may help.

But it could be counter-productive too, mind.

I am very much a long-form writer, although i spend most of my writing resources on characterization and interaction, rather than focusing on cosmetic details, as one look at the cover art of my occasional 'books' will reveal the characters appearance. I also in some pooks have a grayscale faded image in the background behind the text to depict certain scenes.

I did such with my first book, which was 26 pages long.
Trusting Hardships

My second book was much longer, at 88 pages.
Tome with No Name

My next one was much shorter, and wasn't really written with book format in mind, unlike Queen of Shadows and Trusting Hardships which definitely were.
The Last

As for game, I've made a bunch of progress but I'll wait until a bit later to unpack all of that.

Top Top

Nathaniel3W
  Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:39 pm

Inept Evil Stooge

I'm finally moving Himeko Sutori from Early Access to full release tomorrow. I'm kind of nervous about it. I know the game still has bugs and there's more content I would like to add. But I think I can say that what I have right now is a complete game, and less buggy than other full releases I've seen. I have one more building interior I want to make for one more NPC named after a Kickstarter backer, who will sell one more kind of item I want to put in the game, for which I need to make one more sprite sheet (maybe with some recolors) and a crafting recipe... or maybe I should just make this item available for purchase with gold instead and save myself a step. Anyway, I think I can do all that by tomorrow.

And I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut a little content too to make tomorrow's deadline. There's one town late in the game that I made that I think I'm just going to erase from the map. It doesn't have any NPCs in it, and it doesn't serve any story purpose. It was mostly there just to show the player that this region has people living in it. Making a town's populace, with shops, night/day variations, dialogs, and maybe a quest or two is probably at least a week of additional work. Maybe I'll add it in a future patch.

After this, I'm going to force myself to focus less on adding content. I'm going to fix bugs, improve QoL, balance the game, build for other operating systems and distribution platforms, and maybe start some more localizations.

I've been working on this full-time for four years. And I started working part-time about two years before that. I'm not planning on this making me rich. I'm not even planning on this making as much money as I might have made had I kept my old job. I did this as an escape from that job, and a chance to start over doing something new. So tomorrow it'll be done, besides support and maybe some future content updates, but like emotionally and symbolically, I'll be done. This chapter will have closed. I'll transition from working on Himeko Sutori to looking for my next thing. I have no idea what that's going to be.

Top Top

Xhukari
  Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:02 pm

Generic Townsperson
Oh wow, that's brilliant Nathaniel! I imagine it is part relief after all this time, eh? Such a long project!

Top Top

Nathaniel3W
  Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:32 pm

Inept Evil Stooge

Thanks Xhukari! Yes, I think relief will be a part of it. I hope so, anyway.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:18 pm

Mysterious Wizard

Location: The Intangible Nexus that divides realities into observable manifestations of being.
Never thought I'd see the day Nathaniel, epic stuff my dude!

Well... I suppose it would be a bit pointless to post again without sharing any news... wouldn't it?

Very well, then. Allow me to share with you some of the work I have done, in small still glimpses. The Large update will be made to wait, but this shall be my way of holding you over.

E N J O Y .
That will be all for the time being.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:47 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I'm trying to keep myself immersed in the psychological genre. So I'm watching & reading a lot of things of that nature. But my fear is that I'll run out of fuel before I ever contribute something of my own to it.
I'm digging into older literature. But the further back you go the less "psychological" it is and more spiritual and mythical it becomes. More to do with Orpheus and Mystery Cult rites.

I had a longer post detailing the specific things that I'm reading into, and what my thoughts and opinions on it are. I'll spare you the madness of suicidal writers.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:37 pm

Mysterious Wizard

I'd suggest looking into animes, they in general delve very heavily into the psychological, OreGairu (My Teenage Romance has gone horribly wrong!) is a good one. There are others with much darker themes like Kanji (basically what Yu-Gi-Oh's origin story was born off the back of before Wizards of the Coast decided to make a showboat out of it to sell worthless pieces of cardboard as something more valuable) and... uh-- I'm not much of a connoisseur of the animes, please forgive me! 83

As for me, Pjcr has been waited on a while so I'ma just show you all a bunch of what I've gotten done because I'm tired of waiting on poor yellow boi.

Remi-chan
-Deciding to skip the boss fights for time being, I've jumped forward significantly on main story production. Galaxia and the effort to rescue Wizard is done, Zen Nekoma and the effort to acquire Limbo is done, as is the scene afterwards which goes into Koko's past. After which i am also done with re-acquiring Tiramisa frm Byteopia, just some story stuff left to do there in regards to Tiramisa's mind.
-Remastered FS08 near completely.
-Working on the same treatment for FS06.

As for main story, I'm now so far along progressing would mean making placeholders for characters like Xaela (Xali's second in command) as I've already had to do with Xaramitsi. That or I just wait for Pjcr to get me said files. The reason there aren't many videos is due to not having up to date portraits for a lot of characters, such as young Koko, many of the ENNUI, and so on.

So I'll focus on remastering or doing redrawn art/anims for pre-existing cinematics now.

Not to say i have no videos at all!

Here it begins!

Dealing with Red Devil

We see a more humane and sympathetic side of Yi in this one, and get to see Wi actually do something.

Ashe the Bashful

The Enma being mad adorable after initial repulsion.

The Frozen Tear's Frigid Heart

Tiramisa goes rather cold, brought about by an unflinching desire to supercede her own morality in favor of the many over wants of the few.

Fantasia Scene 08 - To the Estranged Earth

Rebuilt from the ground up, now with the actual voice actor's lines.

So now in spoilers I'm gonna push some sexy screenshots, hope ya'll don't mind getting quite an eyeful! I have been quite productive lately, regarding art and gamedev both.
Content Hidden

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:22 am
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
Thank you NASA for reminding me I haven't made any progress with that Perseverance Fan game.

Top Top

BizarreMonkey
  Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:02 pm

Mysterious Wizard

BizarreMonkey wrote:
I'll just, drop this here and let myself out. :3
(Video)
You will discover what all this is about before long, I'd imagine.

It is time...

Junked is a new game ... a side project I've been working on now and then while I'm progression-locked due to my artist's not getting me resources.

Now the game's demo is release-ready... it will be playtable and released come the 8th anniversary of the crazy chimp collective.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:54 pm
Sponsor

Mysterious Wizard
I'll have some free alone time in about a week which I'm going to dedicate to production. Maybe I'll have something worth showing this month.

Top Top

Hybrida
  Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:45 am
••• Ultra Ego Maniac •••

Party Mascot

Right now I'm actually preparing to post a little bit of my project on Google drive. Primarily the battle mode. I want HBG to mess around with it. You guys might enjoy it. So anyway, I'm trying to improve some basic features before I upload.

It will feature some of the best battle animations ever seen in RMXP and excellent sound FX... I can swear on that.

Currently I'm creating a tutorial and combat tips file. The game is hard as hell, but rewards smart thinkers.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2981 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100