Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 74  Next
    Volrath
  Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:55 am
Sponsor

Link: Download the complete game!

This it it, everyone! The entire finished game. Only took six and a half years.

This is meant to be a complete collection of all the arcs, so "New Game" will put you in Arc I. However, ArtBane has taken great pains to make sure save files from previous versions of the game are compatible. So if you still have your file from when you completed Arc VI or the revision package (which had a section of Arc VII in it), you're good!

Estimated Length (Total Game): 25+ hours
File size: approx. 500 MB (apologies in advance to those with slow connections...)

Welcome! For those new to this project, Master of the Wind is a superhero game which takes place in the fantasy world of Solest. It is a story told in six chapters, referred to as "arcs." (You know...like story arcs. It makes sense once you think about it a bit)

Cade Mistral and his best friend, a skeleton named "Bones," work as armor merchants in the beautiful seaside town of Port Arianna. Unbeknownst to the townsfolk, Cade also protects them as the spear-wielding wind mage known as Shroud. Bones joins him as Stoic, a mighty undead warrior who has lived through roughly one thousand years of history.

The story begins with our heroes keeping their fellow citizens safe from smaller threats like robbers or the occasional vampire. However, when larger and more organized foes begin to descend on their humble home, our heroes realize they are in for more than they bargained for. They will have to make new friends, confront deadly foes, and travel all over the world to deliver justice once and for all.

Main Characters

Chosen from a cast of dozens!

Some Arc V screens!
Check it!

More Info

Master of the Wind has kept the RRRB fairly busy. Flash has reviewed four of the arcs and those write-ups can be found here. Also, a long time ago we got a "T" (Teen) rating from them, if anyone's interested in that.

For anyone having trouble with puzzles in Arc I, here is the strategy guide by The Darklord/Falcon. Guides for Arcs II, III and IV are in development.

If you want to check out a few more screenshots from Arc III or see other random MotW stuff, definitely check out our site.

Download the Super Pack!
Download the Super Pack Non-RTP! (doesn't require RPG Maker XP)
Master of the Wind - Arc III
Master of the Wind - Arc IV
FAQ

Userbars

April Fools '08

Last edited by Volrath on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:02 am, edited 7 times in total.

Top Top

ArtBane
  Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:56 am
Sponsor

Volrath's Lesson

Here is a new comic to read while you wait for the game to download. The story takes place about a thousand years before the events in Master of the Wind. It is a short look at one of the events that led to Volrath Blacksteele's rebellion against the ancient Knighthood.

Kindred Spirits

And in case you missed it, above is a short and light-hearted comic about when Shroud and Stoic first met.

Last edited by ArtBane on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Enkur
  Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:19 pm

Due to a lobotomy attempt, the data in this post was unable to be recalled. Since this post was edited at some point, the author can go take a nap, have a strange uncomprehensible dream, and replace this message with that information. Otherwise, please pretend you never read this and erase it from whatever personal memory you may have. The Enkur apologizes; he has taken measures to ensure that he will not be allowed near a computer again.
***********The Enkur**************

Last edited by Enkur on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Arathe
  Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:44 pm

Well, I finally made my way into Arc II, (Arc I was fantastic by the way, I had a great time playing it. ^^) and I've come to a puzzle that is thoroughly kicking my butt. So, I've come to beg a little help.

Content Hidden

Oh, and don't forget to put any answer in spoiler tags so that we don't ruin it for anyone else. :)

Top Top

Volrath
  Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:49 pm
Sponsor

Glad you enjoyed Arc I. I'll help you out, Arathe. We gotta get this thread active again!

Content Hidden

Top Top

Arathe
  Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:17 pm

Got it! Hehe. Thanks!

On my merry way I go. I'll be back to gush about how fantastic it was after I finish. ;)

Edit: Uh-oh, found another bug. And unfortunately, this one prevents me from progressing unless I start over. ;_;

It's in the room with the switch puzzle. This is how it looks before I enter the code:

Content Hidden

I'm pretty sure the foreman isn't standing in the same spot as he was when I first entered the room. I think (I did it yesterday or the day before, so I'm not sure) that when I first entered the room he was standing on the track, facing me. At that point, I think all I did was turn around and save my game again. Also at one point I went back to look at the other foremans I had defeated, but I'm not sure if I saved my game after doing so or not.

Anyhow, after entering the correct code, I hop in the mine cart. It jumps the gap, but the game completey freezes when I reach this point:

Content Hidden

And I can't do anything at all after that. I'm guessing that I was supposed to hit the foreman, and the game tweaked out because I didn't.

I'll keep trying to find a way around it, but it looks like I might have to start over again. ><

Last edited by Arathe on Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Volrath
  Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:52 pm
Sponsor

I just went through it myself. I see what happened. After the foreman pulls the switch, he moves and stands on the tracks, putting him in a good position to be hit by the mine cart later. The problem is that when you leave the room, he returns to his original position...off the tracks and right below the switch.

This is really embarassing. I can't believe that in all the time we tested that dungeon, we never came across that. It'd be an easy fix too if ArtBane wasn't in Europe now. If you don't have a save file from before you walked into that room for the first time, you may have to start over. :( Sorry.

Now that you know the combination, you should be able to get through that room in one go. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Top Top

Arathe
  Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:36 pm

I'm surprised no one else who played Arc II has found that yet either. Either I'm the only one who had such a tough time with that code, or I'm just a bug magnet. ;)

Ah well. I wasn't really too far in, so starting over won't be that bad, hehe.

Top Top

Monkey_Salt
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:09 am

Dang, finally able to download this. And let me tell you, I am thrilled to play. If it's even half as good as arc I, then I'm gonna be satisfied. Knowing how much work you guys put into this though, I know it will be alot better than the first arc...

Top Top

Volrath
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:12 am
Sponsor

Monkey!!

Glad to see you back. Enjoy Arc II. My advice is to save often. Not just because the difficulty of some areas, but also cause there's at least one bug in the mine dungeon that Arathe found which can be pretty crippling. I wish I could fix it, but I won't be able to until ArtBane returns in about two weeks. Yo, get on AIM sometime!

Top Top

S Vegeto
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:37 am

HEY YOUR GAME ROCKS....just tell me where to get a walkthrough I'm stuck at the church place....where there's a barrier or something.

er.......some help please?

Last edited by psgels on Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Arathe
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:36 am

Considering you come across uh...7 barriers total both inside the church and out, you might want to be a little more specific. :P

Top Top

S Vegeto
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:36 am

The first one. I don't know what to do. Church is locked so I go into another room which has entrances to many rooms having a book on a table. At the end is a door which has a barrier. What do I do then?

Top Top

Volrath
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:42 am
Sponsor

A similar question came up before...I could refer you to that if the forums hadn't been hacked. What a pain in the balls that has been. Go to the door with the barrier on it and then listen carefully for a knocking sound.

Content Hidden

Top Top

S Vegeto
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:45 am

I can hear the sound. Do I have to check all the coffins? Including the ones on the upper floor? OK I'll try that now.

OK I did that and a wierd guy popped out saying something about lancers remaining.

Last edited by psgels on Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Sion
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:44 pm

The first arc was good, very good. The second arc wasnt as great, but then, i'm not that far in.

Top Top

Volrath
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:46 pm
Sponsor

[QUOTE=Sion]The first arc was good, very good. The second arc wasnt as great, but then, i'm not that far in.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Finish it before you decide!

By the way, S Vegeto, if you've wandered around the area again after getting that message about the lancers, you probably have some idea what to do.

Top Top

S Vegeto
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:27 pm

Ya I've killed all of em but nothings happening!

Top Top

The_Falcon
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:55 pm

Great Game! Arc two was a lot of fun, the mansion puzzles were a bit hard though, for me at least :P

I found a very small error, after equipment king opens, the sign outside still says that is opening soon :P

Top Top

Arathe
  Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:09 pm

S Vegeto, there are some outside as well. Took me FOREVER to find the last one since it was so dark. You'll recieve a message when you've killed them all.

Top Top

Monkey_Salt
  Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:09 pm

lol volrath you've already won my heart with this one. so many funny lines and as good of gameplay/puzzles as the last. still in the mansion currently but after i just got the line of "let me guess, i need 7 of these to save the world" i couldn't stop laughing and i just had to post. thanks for the entertainment again.

Top Top

Volrath
  Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:49 pm
Sponsor

:lol: We aim to please.

Top Top

Aran
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:29 am

hey, Volrath. I need the animeace font, i lost it... somehow

Top Top

Volrath
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:38 am
Sponsor

The game should install the font automatically...but here's a link to the fonts just in case.

Anime Ace Font

Top Top

Aran
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:21 am

dammit. i'm stuck. what's the combination to those switches in the mines? the ones where he has to hop across that big pit in the cart...

Top Top

Wumpi
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:17 am

Aran: You know the numbers on the back of the foremen's necks? :D

Top Top

ArtBane
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:50 pm
Sponsor

Bonjourno everybody!

I am still in Italy but I finally got a chance to check out the forums again after the grand hacker attack. It is sad to see posts were hacked that I never got the chance to read, but for the ones that didn't, I really appreciate your feedback! It is good to see Volrath has been vigilant with his posts even though I am away. The few bugs that have arisen shall be squashed upon my return next Tthursday. Until then, take note of them and try to work around them. For everyone that is still playing, hope you are enjoying yourself.

Peace bros!

Top Top

S Vegeto
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:50 pm

OK guys! I'm now in a room where there are 4 torches each with a piece of history of Arcadius. How does the story go? BTW, Volrath/Artbane do you people like Naruto? Half of the soundtracks seem to be from Naruto OSTs.

Top Top

Volrath
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:01 pm
Sponsor

If you found all three history pages, you'll have no problem with that puzzle. Just read them all carefully and you'll have an idea of the history progression.

ArtBane and I were huge Naruto fans for a while...but sadly, that series has been churning out subpar filler episodes for almost a year now. We've always liked the soundtrack, it has a lot of quick and effective action songs. My brother (FinleyFan, creator of Finley) picked out Finley's theme song from that OST as well.

We have a wide variety of music that we use for MotW, as you'll see in Arc II and the later arcs. Still, that Toshiro Masuda, quite a talented guy.

Top Top

Aran
  Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:58 pm

[QUOTE=Wumpi]Aran: You know the numbers on the back of the foremen's necks? :D[/QUOTE]
......yeah?

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 74  Next