Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 74  Next
    Volrath
  Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:42 am
Sponsor

It wasn't the replacing graphics thing that was difficult, it was the uploading it onto box.net thing. That takes ages.

P.S. I didn't realize you still planned on seeing it together. I thought for sure you would convince your girl to go with you. Katie went with me to Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. I would like to take another look at the movie, though. It's the kind of film that may reveal new themes and layers upon a second viewing. Also, Lake House got TERRIBLE reviews.

Top Top

Despain v.1
  Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:10 am

PS. Actually, I really, really enjoyed the Lake House. I wasn't happy with the ending (see spoiler), but overall it was surprisingly much better than I expected. I cried at parts.

Content Hidden

Top Top

Volrath
  Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:04 pm
Sponsor

Interesting. Well, give a call if you want to see it sometime this weekend.

I guess we should get back on topic. How are people finding the game? Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Top Top

Danny
  Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:04 pm
Sponsor

I've started re-playing through Arc 1 again, I love this game. Who did the artwork in your signature cause I love it.

Top Top

ArtBane
  Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:00 pm
Sponsor

While I made the signature, all the art was done by the very talented Mr. Enkur. He is currently working on new updated sprites for our two heroes.

Top Top

Despain v.1
  Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:31 pm

Who make the logo? I meant to say it before, but forgot. The Master of the Wind text is just fucking...incredible.

Top Top

ArtBane
  Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:34 am
Sponsor

That would also be Enkur.

Top Top

Wumpi
  Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:38 am

Enkur is brilliant.

Top Top

Enkur
  Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:41 am

Glad to hear you guys like the logo. I don't get to do much letterwork so it was very fun playing around with it. Unfortunately I spent so much time on the logo that I didn't put out the complete title screen I wanted. You'll be seeing a new one by the time the next arc is ready to come out, and if I get enough time in the next few weeks I'll be posting some art that I've wanted to do since viewing the end of arc 2.

Well, that is if I don't keep passing out after work every day, rofl.

Top Top

Despain v.1
  Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:44 am

Oh that reminds me- guys, upload and PM me my savefile (12).

Top Top

sandgolem
  Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:02 pm

Started Arc 2 last night and ended up pulling an all-nighter to finish it. Great game guys!

Weird stuff (spoilers)

General comments (light spoilers?)

Easily one of the best RMXP games I've played, if I was going to do the /10 thing Arc 2 would get a 10.

Top Top

ArtBane
  Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:57 pm
Sponsor

Thanks for the generous score sandgolem. Now I will reply to your comments in the same secretive manner.

Replies to Weird Stuff (spoilers)

Thanks for the rest of your feedback. We aim to please.

Top Top

Lunarhound
  Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:31 pm

Hey, guys. I probably can't add much to what people have already said, but I just wanted to let you know that I've been playing Arc I for a few days now and am really enjoying it. This is, by far, my favorite RMXP game and I really applaud what you've done with it. The puzzles are fun and engaging (I love the rope jumping puzzle in the opening dungeon) and, most important of all to me, the dialogue is solid and the characters are likeable and interesting. I actually want to find out more about them, and what's going to happen to them. I think that's a first for me, when it comes to RMXP games.

The only major issues I have are that, for guys who're supposed to be superheroes/crime fighters, they start out awfully weak in relation to the basic enemies. I had to spend a bunch of time leveling up and then going back and resting in the bed in the intro dungeon, which really disrupted the feeling that I was chasing a bad guy. Also, it's a bit too easy to end up inadvertently stuck in a dungeon with not enough recovery items, but no way to leave and buy more. I had to start the game over once, due to this (in the graveyard dungeon, near the beginning). A few more save points and some way to recover before difficult fights would be nice, too.

I realize, though, that I'm a "latecomer" and that I'm playing a very early portion of the overall game, so some of this may have already been discussed, or even adressed in later parts.

Overall, this game is awesome. I'm actually putting one of my PS2 games on hold to play it. :D Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what happens in Arc II!

And now, for a musical interlude.

Top Top

Volrath
  Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:54 am
Sponsor

Thanks for the praise. Always nice to have a new fan.

On the graveyard..I may have some suggestions for you. Have you been using that fountain? It heals you and allows you to save. Once you get into the church, you can find the save fairy and she'll always be there to heal you, save your game, or sell you items.

Also, a trip to the item shop before leaving to Gino's is recommended. Hope that helps. Glad you're enjoying yourself. And thanks for the props in your sig!

Top Top

Despain v.1
  Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:16 am

Know what, fuck the long post I promised you guys. I'm writing a review.

Top Top

ArtBane
  Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:33 am
Sponsor

How exciting. I await your review with much anticipation.

Top Top

Volrath
  Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:40 am
Sponsor

Word up! The last one was amazingly comprehensive. I look forward to this one even more.

Top Top

Alan.
  Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:47 pm

This is probably the best RMXP game I've played so far, but I'm stuck.-_-
I can't find my way through that part in the mine dungeon with all the moles. Any help would be appreciated.:D

Top Top

FinleyFan
  Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:14 am

Keep track of where each hole goes because it isn't random and eventually you can find the way. Making a chart helps as well so you can avoid mole fights (moles can be bitches sometimes, they hurt)

Top Top

Alan.
  Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:40 am

I figured it out, thanks for your help! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to kill all the moles or what.

Top Top

Enigma
  Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:08 am

Loving the game so far but I think I'm finally stumped. I'm in the mansion on Arc II. I've got the code to enter the library, but after that I can't get anywhere. The clue the book gives you doesn't really help me at all.

Top Top

Volrath
  Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:46 pm
Sponsor

Well, the thing with the mansion is that it's fairly open-ended. You can do the puzzles in whatever order you like, so can you specify which area you need help with?

Top Top

Enigma
  Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:23 pm

The only clock I've solved is the one in the huge room where the party took place. When I put in the correct code, a chest appeared with the code to get into the library. In the library are all sorts of books saying various things. But despite reading all the hints in there, I can't figure out the codes for the other two clocks! (the one in that hurt bandmember's room and the one in that small room off the northwest part of the dance room)

Top Top

Wumpi
  Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:45 pm

Talk to the bandmember again, she'll give you a hint. There's an interesting book in the room to the left of her and a book in the library that might help, too.

In the room northwest of the dancefloor have you checked out the painting? If you need another hint, there's a book in the library that should help you out with that. Think about how you can look at the hints in a different way.

The library IS helpful. It's just a little confusing because of an inside joke that looks like a hint.

Top Top

Enigma
  Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:01 pm

Okay, I got the clock's code for the one in the northwest part of the dance room, but the clue.... I know it's about that multiplication thing from what one of the books read, but I've tried multiplying what it says and nothing is working. I'm still waiting for the Witching and Bitching hour to come into play.

EDIT: Never mind, I've finally got it. I can't believe it took me that long to figure it out!

Last edited by Enigma on Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Danny
  Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm
Sponsor

Right now I just want to say: 'Bad Andua, you should only have called one bat to make it fair, they killed me :('

I had to spend time leveling up at the lancer bit and now I must for Andua.

Whoo, crisis now over, thank god for Rough shod

Last edited by Danny on Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Enigma
  Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:07 am

Ha! I beat Arc II! This is easily the best RMXP game I've played, and so I'm eagerly waiting for the release of Arc III. So, how's the progress on Arc III going and do you have an estimate release date for it?

Top Top

FinleyFan
  Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:11 am

Well It's our plan to release an arc a season so at the end of summer we are hoping to release Arc III. Artbane got a nifty new laptop so that should speed progress up a little bit.

Thanks for the compliments and trust me, you will not be dissapointed by Arc III

Top Top

Enigma
  Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:16 am

Is there a main theme Arc III is going to revolve around? Like Arc II was mostly about DayDream and trying to stop the singer.

Top Top

Despain v.1
  Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:58 am

As far as I know, Arc III has to do with Shroud's past with the Toutens.

Top Top

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 74  Next