Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HOME FORUMS DISCORD GAMES RPG MAKER SEARCH

Adrenaline Rush
  Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Imagine a World: "The Story Begins"

(download the demo on the bottom of this post)

Plot:

Inga is accidentally taken to the world of Raja to discover her true self.
She gets help of a number of adventurers that all have a contribution to the story.

http://www.solarsoft.nl/gamecraft/uploa ... FQbCkG.jpg[/img]

Who are you? Why are you here? Are you really doing the things that you were born for?
Are you at the right place? The right time?
Are you really the one who you think you are?
Are you yourself, or are you someone else?
Do you seek your own paths in life or are they sorted out for you?

You think you know who you are. Your feeling tells you that you are somebody else...

Imagine a World is a story in which the character find out they have been living another live up until now.

From the start, you're following the character Inga. Her dying grandfather tells her a story about three young friends living in a complete other world. After he passed away, Inga find a mysterious item. Her adventure is about to begin...

During her adventure she meets the old man Denali. He helps her by finding answers. Inga knows there's a story behind him but he won't reveil anything about his past.
She also encounter a monster-like creature, but Inga finds out that a friendly animal is hidden behind those demon-eyes.

In this story Inga isn't the only main character. She meets a handful adventurers, each with their own background story. You won't meet them all in this part of the game; "The Story Begins". You will have to wait for more parts to release.

http://www.solarsoft.nl/gamecraft/uploa ... cqZvyV.jpg[/img]
http://www.solarsoft.nl/gamecraft/uploa ... CUKLTH.jpg[/img]
http://www.solarsoft.nl/gamecraft/uploa ... hrtt49.jpg[/img]
http://www.solarsoft.nl/gamecraft/uploa ... 4afNqp.jpg[/img]
http://www.solarsoft.nl/gamecraft/uploa ... OsjPLF.jpg[/img]
http://www.solarsoft.nl/gamecraft/uploa ... 6giNHW.jpg[/img]
http://www.solarsoft.nl/gamecraft/uploa ... 7uUtke.jpg[/img]
http://www.solarsoft.nl/gamecraft/uploa ... DeKyif.jpg[/img]

* Imagine a World is not a game like you would see in most cases. It's made of cut-scenes mostly. Between these scenes you get the opportunity to navigate your character to different locations.

* whenever you're in the middle of a cut-scene, it's not advised to interrupt the game temporarily. Like alt-tabbing to msn for example and returning to the game. The reason is because I timed all the music with the scenes. You will miss some effects by doing it.

* Imagine a World is a remake of the game that carries the same name that I made years ago. Originally there's IaW part one and two. I melted the games and remade the maps and scenes.

* The tilesets mostly excists of standard RTP, tilesets that I found (don't know where so I can't give credits to the creators) and tilesets that I made or edited myself.

* The game has been tested several times but still it contains mapping errors and a few slight glitches. Please don't go searchin for them, but if you do feel free to post them in this thread. I will do my very best to recover the errors and update this thread with a new gamedisk.

Download the demo
or
http://www.2shared.com/file/2855843/5c6c1627/Imagine_a_World.html

Download chapter 2 Teaser

Last edited by Adrenaline Rush on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Despain
  Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:39 pm

Man I sort of want to play this just because you have a mcdonalds. It seems like a nice solid release, I'll have to check this shit out.

Top Top

jbart321
  Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:17 pm

The mapping looks pretty awesome and so does the premise, but whats with the mixing of the charasets?  The White Ties and RTP don't mix very well.

Top Top

Shinigami
  Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:26 pm

I,m just gonna ask "why doest look like it goes to the future and can you go inside macdonalds and can you order food?"

Top Top

vvX-Crisis
  Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:04 am

the maps look nice gotta try it out

Top Top

Reives
  Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:37 am
Sponsor

I've played a bit into it so far and it's pretty neat with a clean and tidy feel. :) There were a couple of typos, just a heads up (in the picture text too, one of them was "realy" instead of "really" I believe).

By the way, I think for the logo, it might be even cooler if you have the rest of the logo fade but keep the eyes lit up there by itself for a moment, then fade off as well. :> Just a suggestion.

@Shini: There are two seperate settings. (I don't think that's really a spoiler, is it?)

Last edited by Reives on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Dagger
  Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:00 am
Day Dreamer

Finished it and was sad to see it end.
I really enjoyed playing this your mapping is great and I love the story line to this ^_^.
A few minor mapping errors like being able to walk on the logs, and a few typo's eg: Ofcourse should have a space.
I love what you have so far ^_^, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Top Top

Adrenaline Rush
  Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Did you wait for the extra ending? (people who played my other game "Warrior" will be pleased ;) )

Top Top

thios
  Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:04 am
Impello

Nice game, Beautifull sunbeams and story, keep it up!!  :thumb:

Top Top

Aepriz
  Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:27 pm
What a surprise!

Tis is some of the best mapping i've ever seen ..
I really am going to test this game out !

Top Top

pathbinder
  Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:51 pm
Wish I had a cardboard box instead.

Megaupload hates me, could you please host it on another site?  :neutral:

Top Top

Adrenaline Rush
  Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:24 pm

http://www.2shared.com/file/2855843/5c6c1627/Imagine_a_World.html

There ya go.

Top Top

Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:10 am

Hey Adrenaline! The other commenters were right, the mapping in this game is GORGEOUS. By far better than mine! ^_^ However, for me, the typos and grammar were pretty distracting.
A couple of things. I thought the intro was pretty nice, except I had a hard time reading the last letters of the black type against the black background. Is there any way to change the text color, or maybe make a dark background image that isn't pure black? And while I thought the intro was appropriate, I think near the end it was getting a little repetitive. Just my thoughts. But I love the plotline and the mapping is, again, fantastic.

Top Top

Adrenaline Rush
  Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Thnx 4 your comment. I still need to do a lot of things on this game. Re-edit charsets, fixing bugs, etc. I will do that another time because I'm working on chapter 2 of IaW. You can expect a Teaser this week :)

Top Top

lorddonk
  Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:52 pm

WHAT A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE GAME!

No that's certainly not talking about the quality, I mean
Content Hidden

I loved it!  :thumb: There were a few mapping errors, I remember that some parts, like where trees overlapped water or cliffs that I could walk off the cliffs onto the trees... The story was very well put together, I liked the revelation of the grandfather's identity, I was taken by surprise with that.

I was slightly disappointed by the fact that there were no real battles, or puzzles, it was really just walk back and forth and see cut scenes, but still it kept me entertained, none of the cut scenes were boring at all and each character had different personalities.

Overall, it was THE most promising demo game I've played here at .ORG. Congratulations, and I can't wait for the next demo or the full game. The scenes at the end were verry mysterious and was a good cliff hanger effect!
~lorddonk

Top Top

miss matcha
  Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Your screenshots look wonderful; the one with the pub has such a nice feel to it.  I especially like how in some of your screens you managed to make regular old RTP look so fantastic.  Did you create your own fog effects? 

Top Top

Adrenaline Rush
  Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:37 pm

Thanks for all the nice replies!

@Miss matcha: yep I did all those fogs and othere weather effect myself.

by the way, I've just released a Teaser for the next chapter. Download it HERE.

Top Top

miss matcha
  Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:20 am

I just finished playing through the demo, and I have to say, it looks like you put a lot of time into this.  The maps all look very nice (I know I said this before, but now that I've played through it I got to take a look at everything), the story is pretty interesting, and there were some cool elements that I haven't seen in rmxp games before (I liked following the demon-horse around). 

I have to agree with one of the above posters though about the dialogue; there were quite a few grammatical errors/typos which proved to be very distracting.  Especially the ones that occurred during the really serious parts of the game.  I would also trim the text during the intro; the "do you know who you are" theme was repeated more times than needed I think. 

Besides that, I'm looking forward to your next release.  On a side note, I was wondering how you created the moving fog effects.  I'd love to learn how to fade the sunbeams in and out, and moved the clouds across the sky.  Also, how did you get the water to do the 45 degree angle thing?

Last edited by miss matcha on Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Adrenaline Rush
  Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Thanks Miss Matcha ;) That's one of the best replies I've seen on this thread :)

What do you mean by the 45 degree angle thing? If you want to know how I did the animated sunbeams I can send you a demo. However, I don't have that much time for rmxp, but PM me and I'll see what I can do.

ps. I played your game and I liked it a lot too.

Top Top

Neverplayd
  Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:18 am

This game had some really professional scenes(especially the credits). I enjoyed your mapping and your cinematic weather (made with scripts and fogs I'm guessing?) There were some dialogue issues(yep, has been said too many times bfor) and also some mapping passability issues. Most of it comes from having cluttered maps(I guess thats a consequence for having good mapping on XP :smile:), but there was a tile that I think came from not setting the passability correctly:http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1524/152474762420701b0331caa00d720db59399fd9.jpg[/img]
See the red circle? I can pass through all the tiles like that.
Also, there is grass under the hill in the pink circle, even though the hill under that hill is stone.

Top Top

Link in Pink
  Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:25 pm
It rhymes.

Wow, you're a great mapper! I'll have to check this out :D

Top Top

Alic
  Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:08 am

Wow, I just joined the site today, and this was about the tenth game I downloaded.  I just wanted to say: it's incredible!  The storytelling is unique and interesting, the graphics and design are better than I imagined was possible in RMXP, and the entire tileset and beginning section of the game that you set in a modern city was so bold and enthralling for old school rpg like this!  I couldn't stop playing!  I should have been in bed 2 hours ago!  Darn it!

Anyway, while I was playing, the constant mispellings and grammatic issues almost messed up the flow of some of the most powerful scenes, and I kept saying to myself, "if only I could fix these typos, and play this game the way it should be played."

I just wanted to stop in here before I go to bed and say, I would be glad to edit the script for this game, for nothing in return, except of course the high reward of being included in such a wonderful project.  I wouldn't even ask to be mentioned in the credits -- I just want to help go the extra mile on this game and make it a little better.  If you're at all interested, contact me at arekusu4@gmail.com -- or just reply here, or message me -- this forum has private messaging, right?

Thanks again for the great module and story.  Truly inspiring.

Last edited by Alic on Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

CrazyViking
  Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:24 pm

Well done! I thinks it's a great game!
I never liked these long, story-telling games, but this one kept me interested untill the end.

The mapping is just fabulous, something I can learn from.

Keep the great work up!

Top Top

Aida
  Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:57 am

Wow, this game is so beautiful!  The forest maps are so well done.  You manage to add plenty of detail, but yet I don't get lost because the paths are straightforward enough.  I also like the panoramas in the background combined with the weather (like when you run around and it's raining), I really felt as though I was in a storm or something.  The dialogue was the only problem I think; if you can fix up the grammatical errors the whole thing will flow more smoothly. 

Last edited by Aida on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

thesubsidal
  Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:19 pm

Very good the demo! Keep it up.
The mapping is very well done and the storyline too.
When i reached the end i was disappointed. I want more. The demo was very short!
Good work!

Sorry for my English. IÂ ´m Portuguese.

Top Top

Adrenaline Rush
  Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:56 am

Wow, thanks for all those great replies. I havn't done anything with rmxp for the last couple of weeks. Must make time for it... Gran Turismo is absorbing all my time and with GTAIV coming soon...

I'll let ya know when I have some new stuff.

Top Top

Aida
  Thu May 01, 2008 1:09 am

I haven't seen any updates from you in a while; I hope you're still working on the game... I want to find out what happens after the "accident" when you get transported to the other world!  Also, if I didn't say it before, it was really cool the way you changed the weather (where it's grey and rainy at the top of the mountain, but by the time you get to the fishing pond it's sunny). 

Top Top

y 65
  Sun May 04, 2008 2:56 am

Lol 40 minutes of game play but it takes up 90 mega bites :( need to compress music

Top Top

Adrenaline Rush
  Sun May 04, 2008 9:30 pm

You think 90 MB is a lot? It's not like it's 9 GB :')

Are you using a 56K modem? I mean, to me 90 MB is not really that much. It's 2008 ffs ;D

Top Top

ablahblah987
  Sun May 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Looks very nice, but I just have one problem. Call me crazy, but I find that font hideous. When I see someone using arial font, especially with the default window skin, I don't want to play their game. Maybe I'll try this out anyway when I get a chance.

ablahblah987's [color=#000080]PokePet
http://pokejungle.net/other/pokepet/trainers/aqua5.png[/img] http://pokejungle.net/other/pokepet/Scyther.gif[/img]
Katana the level 69 Scyther![/color]

Top Top