Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Big| Medium| Small] -

ama55
  Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:27 am

Nolund wrote:
So I just finished this part.

VERY well done man. It wasn't long enough though :(

I love how your battle system is incorporated into the game (no new maps/battlebacks) so props for that. I also love your music, so a HUGE kudos to your team.

Definitely how you described it to be. Very story driven, so it's a good thing you have a good story. It's not overly difficult, though those damn Spartans were giving me a hard time. :haha:

Looking forward to Part II. Keep up the great work.

Thank you for your critique! I'd like to respond to a few of your comments:
1. The battle system is Atoa's Chrono Trigger Battle. Works amazingly well with this genre methinks. (I hope Atoa tries out this game too so he can see his system in action) Part 2 will have many more features, requiring level ups and the purchase of new and appropriate equipment for the challenge. Also, combo attacks will be incorporated.
2. About the length, yeah, it could be longer, although most people won't play it if it's too long. Did you happen to watch after the credits? There is a cutscene I hope you watched :biggrin:
3. The music was done by sswave. I don't know if he is going to be available to work on the Parts 2 and 3 though, so I hope a new composer who is somewhat similar in style is available.

Thanks again for playing!

Top Top

Nolund
  Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 am
Factose Intolerant
Sponsor

Yeah, I watched the cutscene after the credits. I love his MA.

Love your character development btw. Very well done.

Top Top

ama55
  Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 am

Short Update:
Thus far, 85 downloads in 12 days. Come on people! Start downloading! All the people who have commented on this and other forums have really enjoyed it. Give it a try!
Anyway, Lust Dragon has been extremely kind in making some fan art check it out! If you have downloaded, then comment. Hope you enjoy.
Zeus by Lust

Top Top

Nolund
  Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 am
Factose Intolerant
Sponsor

Damn, that's pretty sweet. Was that done in MAYA or something?

Top Top

ama55
  Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:47 am

New fanart!
This was done by Alystar on Deviantart. She is holding a charity for her friend so I decided to do the charitable thing and donate some money. Here's the result!
new fanart

If you'd like to help her out, check out her journal entry here:
http://alystar.deviantart.com/journal/28441593/#comments

Top Top

SorcerGamble2
  Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:32 pm

whatup bro...

mech's aren't really my cup of tea so i'm afraid i havn't downloaded ur game... so hopefully feedback based on the previous highlights isn't overrude...

what jumped out at me the most was the battle screen... i like the characters and the chipset is well enough i'm sure but some sort of obstacle or eye candy or even something in the corner out of the way... just so their is something other than flat ground - might improve upon battle backgrounds. i'll keep an eye out case i get that robo-urge.

peace,
SorcerGamble2

Top Top

ama55
  Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:56 am

I appreciate the comments and I hope you download the game sometime. You shouldn't get too caught up on the mechs, the storyline is what drives this game and it's more to do with the pilots rather than the mechs.
I know about the elevation changes. That specific battle has changes just above and below it, just not on the map. If you download the game, the mapping is better, I promise :thumb:

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:49 am
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Just got around to playing this. Finished it in about 2 hours.
I had a notepad open and took notes:

Exiting load screen replays Alpha-mad logo type thing. (slightly annoying)
First battle took me 3 tries. (get a new gameover screen)
Victory music sounds like failure.
In one scene when you radio your sniper on the cliff, your character isn't set to invisible.
In another scene when you're in the grave yard, even though your character is set to invisible you can still move around and pan the screen, it might be possible to exit during the scene but I didn't try.
The battles were pretty tricky. If it took any more tries on the first battle I probably would have quit the game. Maybe a retry option so you don't have to go through all the cutscenes again. The other battles were close; usually with only 1 or 2 characters left standing and at low health.
I'd suggest getting new sprites or edit them so they don't look straight out of KNightblade. I'll offer to make some.

Top Top

ama55
  Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:45 am

@Coyotecraft: With all the beta testing, we still managed to miss those errors. I only noticed the Alpha-Mad logo just recently (like 2 days ago)! Also, I was not entirely pleased with the battles in this game and the second part will be much better. The battle system doesn't allow for much creativity in battles even though it looks great. I may switch it but I haven't decided yet. Game over screen and victory music also need redone. You managed to pick out the things that I did not like about this first release, which means we have similar tastes :biggrin:

As for doing some sprites, it would take a bit of commitment. A number of npcs, the main characters, the enemies, and a few other things would also need done. If you really are interested (which I hope you are) shoot me a pm and we can work something out :grin: Appreciate your comments.

Top Top

Ikariz
  Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 am
Interwebs Phenomenom

I just finished Epsilon-Alpha Part One, and it was AWESOME!!!?!?! but seriously, I loved it, good job. I loved the story, and the battle system I quite liked. There are a few things that I would like to comment on though.

1. I feel that it was a bit short in length, and in addition there weren't enough battles, by the end of the first part, everyone was still level one except Ridley.

2. I feel it should be more customizable, you should have been able to upgrade your Armor and choose which weapons you want to take with you on a mission rather than just having assault rifles all the time.

3. It would be cool if you incorporated some sort of formation system if at all possible with different pros/cons per formation.

Top Top

ama55
  Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:44 pm

@Ikariz: First off...THANKS! I'm glad to hear the storyline was good because it is only getting better with parts 2 and 3. As for the length, yeah, it's a bit short. This was because keeping it short allows me to not get unmotivated with the project. But, once all 3 parts are released, I'm considering releasing a 1-3 version which will probably push 6-10 hours.

Here's my responses to your comments:
1. Agreed! Yes, Part 1 does lack in leveling up and battles. However, don't fret because I am adding an Arena in part 2 where you can earn money, level up, and get items. Leveling up will be an important factor as there are more battles and more boss battles! Also, levels will not increase HP, SP, but agility, dexterity, and intelligence (and strength a little). This is because I want the character to improve in and out of the mech. Improving HP and SP is something that is done with armor and energy upgrades.

2. Again, AGREED! Part 2 and 3 will correct this. There will be more freedom and hidden weapons. I'm also hoping to improve my menu system to something a bit more simpler.

3. This is an interesting point and as I read your post, I thought of a way to do it. Since battles are all scripted and the ability to make preset positions is done by call scripts, I could always just make conditional branches. I'm going to test this out! Thanks :thumb:

Top Top

Ikariz
  Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:59 pm
Interwebs Phenomenom

No Problem, I'm a sucker for Mecha Games, that's why I got hooked into Front Mission, and I really got attached emotionally to ridley because I find him to be much like myself. This is just a personal quirk of mine and not part of a review of the game itself or anything and I don't know if this changes in the ending scene after the credits as I skipped it, but I feel that Ridley got Gimped, I mean he's awesome but he rides around in just an Ares. In the beginning, I was half-hoping him to get the Epsilon, but he didn't. I'll be interested to see part 2, especially since it has an arena, I hope you throw in some sort of way to heal out of battle.

Top Top

coyotecraft
  Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:49 pm
Sponsor

Omnipresent Merchant
Necrobump.
I still have as copy of this, and have plenty of space in my mediafire account to host a download link.
https://www.mediafire.com/?uexpeebo71edxx6

Parts 2 & 3 were never made. I had made a bunch of sprites for pt2, but ama55 fell off the internet.

Top Top